Page 311 of 744 FirstFirst ... 211261301307308309310311312313314315321361411 ... LastLast
Results 4,651 to 4,665 of 11160
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    What is MAC mixed with?

What alien latina heritage is she supposed to have lol?
    I know I'm in the minority (no pun intended), but I preferred it when Mac was just a patriotic legacy, not some weird dimensional jumping alien who's American trappings are just coincidence.

Though yeah, it would a harder sell these days

Quote Originally Posted by Shadey View Post
    Eff Teyonah after she did that slave play.
    Whats the story behind this?

Incredible Member

People would complain she is too light skin
    I'm one of them.

Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I know I'm in the minority (no pun intended), but I preferred it when Mac was just a patriotic legacy, not some weird dimensional jumping alien who's American trappings are just coincidence.

Though yeah, it would a harder sell these days
    weird dimensional jumping alien daughter of two woman....

acts like stereotypical american latina

Makes perfect sense lol

Worst part of the ultimates. Got too cute with the team
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

weird dimensional jumping alien daughter of two woman....

acts like stereotypical american latina

Makes perfect sense lol

Worst part of the ultimates. Got too cute with the team
    It was fine until Ultimates2. Chair shot to Carol while Tchalla stays out of it is still classic. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Whats the story behind this?
    https://mtonews.com/slave-play-on-br...or-master-pics

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Lets be real though, would we really want Coates writing a tie in? He would probably have a dozen creatures nearly bring Wakanda to it's knees or worse, have them defeated. They could barely beat mooks Tetu and Zenzi had, and needed a rotk asspull.

If they went with a SWaD part II, they could of played it as, "Even though our king is missing, we are still Wakanda, and you don't f with with Wakanda unless you want to die"

Do it as Wakanda is still great (not some bullisht "we can stand on our own, we don't need Tchalla" like gay tried, but rather we aren't great SOLEY because of our King) and give Okoye some badass moments as the general
    It could be like SWaD and use a guest writer for one or two issues. Space story wouldn't lose any momentum. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    It could be like SWaD and use a guest writer for one or two issues. Space story wouldn't lose any momentum. Lol.
    Ahhhh good point
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

It was fine until Ultimates2. Chair shot to Carol while Tchalla stays out of it is still classic. Lol
    To me ultimates was a let down in that Ewing said he was going to do all this cool stuff, and then turned it into a stealth Galactus story. The co leading of Carol abd Tchalla was gone, no butting heads between the team, I didn't believe it anyways but the claim of Mac being able to shut the team down didn't live up to anything.

His story had the potential to be a huge high octane cosmic action and adventure, we should of seen them going to other planets, preventing wars, going against powerful baddies.. instead it feels like Coates space Wakanda story.. boring, only difference was Ewing threw in some Cool feats for T'Challa.

Oooof that play looks cringey as hell...

As for WoR tie in, you know what would be a good writer for the tie in? Hudlin. Have him do SWaD part two it would be a nice nod to when JA did his during the SI run

spoilers:
    On the one hand it's nice that Tchalla is leading the Avengers, but on the other, if the angels are fighting in Wakanda specifically, shouldn't he and Shuri be there? I can't believe Coates and Nnedi passed on writing an all female battle tie-in one shot or something. Lol.
    end of spoilers
    THis is where the inherent conflict is between being a hero and being an Avenger. Is it more important to protect Wakanda or is it more important to save the world. Since Wakanda is in the world, he'll focus on the world... but from a certain perspective you can argue a king should be at his home protecting it when it's in danger. There's no wrong answer there... but it's one of those times where T'Challas perspective likely will differ from his dad and some of the previous BP's. Even Shuri seems to be going that route.

I guess the good news is spoilers:
    if WK gets destoyed, it's not his fault because he is not in charge. Maybe that constitutional council will get killed and he has to take over again. LOL.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Course, he wasn't in charge during AvX or Time Runs Out and T'Challa still got blamed. People will probably say he wasn't there to defend Wakanda or whatever. That said, the upside to no tie-in is that odds are Wakanda won't really be touched. It's more likely something bad will happen when you're actually a part of the story.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    spoilers:
    Course, he wasn't in charge during AvX or Time Runs Out and T'Challa still got blamed. People will probably say he wasn't there to defend Wakanda or whatever. That said, the upside to no tie-in is that odds are Wakanda won't really be touched. It's more likely something bad will happen when you're actually a part of the story.
    end of spoilers
    We blame him for that stuff. In universe it doesnt seem to get brought up. They just keep it moving. Which I would too if proper revenge was meted out.

We blame him for that stuff. In universe it doesnt seem to get brought up. They just keep it moving. Which I would too if proper revenge was meted out.
    It got brought up in Coates run. Part of the reason there was a rebellion was because some people blamed T'Challa for all the bad stuff that happened in Wakanda in the last couple of years even though Shuri was in charge.

But it's only an issue if the BP writers decide to make it an issue. Provided Wakanda can take care of itself without T'Challa, it won't be a problem either way.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar