Page 312 of 744 FirstFirst ... 212262302308309310311312313314315316322362412 ... LastLast
Results 4,666 to 4,680 of 11160
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Yeah, is this real life?

This is almost... unbelievable
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Honestly, any fan that is posting on a niche forum in a specific niche thread would have likely seen it within a week easy... I would think?
    In that case someone on Twitter posted a certain scene in that movie and the crowd went NUTS.
    No matter who else showed up-they kept screaming for a certain king and his sister.

Funny thing is it was a theater in Asia.

Look on Twitter hashtag Wakandaforever.

Anthony Mackie has pretty much spilled the beans on Falcon-so I guess anything goes now.

Some folks recently fancast her as Tiana in a possible Princess and Frog live action adaptation. Nathalie(the actress) herself came out and said it should go to a darker skinned woman. I do think Monica should be played dark skinned sista, preferably either Teyonah Parris or Dewanda Wise. They always screamed "Monica" the most when I looked at them.
    https://shadowandact.com/game-of-thr...ana-fancasting

In a stan-worthy move, Game of Thrones star Nathalie Emmanuel tells fans not to fancast her as Disney Princess Tiana because of colorism.

Monkeypaw Productions Creative Executive Matthew A. Cherry retweeted a tweet by @glamsamxo fancasting How to Get Away with Murder's Rome Flynn as Prince Naveen in a theoretical live action The Princess and the Frog remake. "This is smart," wrote Cherry. "Now who plays Tiana?"

Among the many suggestions Twitter users left in the thread, one user tweeted out Emmanuel as a possible Tiana. But Emmanuel responded back to the suggestion, writing, "Nah that part has to go to an even more melanated sister." To which Cherry responded, "We stan a self aware queen."

Was Shuri canonically the first woman to be Black Panther? I forget and I haven't read Hudlin's stuff in forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Was Shuri canonically the first woman to be Black Panther? I forget and I haven't read Hudlin's stuff in forever.
    that we've seen on panel...yes.

However, we've seen female BP ancestors among the BP's in the ancestorial plane.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    We've only seen a few BP's alive, on panel period:

Shuri
    T'challa
    S'yan
    T'chaka
    Azarri
    Chanda
    Bashenga

Then maybe an unnamed one during Who is the Black Panther flash back murder scenes. Can't remember.

I believe during one of the time travel issues in Hudlin's run, they run into a female, unnamed black panther.

Using context clues, no one hesitated to recommend a female black panther when T'challa was in a coma. S'yan or Ramonda (can't remember) wanted Storm to do it. Storm chose Shuri. I can't see her being "the first" and chosen so nonchalantly. That would have been a HUGE change to Wakandan culture if she was the first and an old head like S'yan would have protested a bit. Instead it was a non issue. Simply a, "ok, who is next in line?"

But there were female ghost spirits, so canon wise, no, she isn't.
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 05-04-2019 at 03:56 AM.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Yeah, is this real life?

This is almost... unbelievable
    Super cringey, made worse that a Black man made it..

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Lol, Buckwheat General levels of coonery here. It's funny the things that are greenlit to be released to the public.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

The problem with Endgame is that every hero's next movie has to revolve around what happened in Endgame/Infinity War. Right?

The events of Infinity War changed characters drastically....the same probably happened to Wakanda's characters as well.

Idk. As much as I liked how they switched it up it really does have major ramifications on the rest of the MCU.

Read Grace Randolph's Far From Home tweets.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    The problem with Endgame is that every hero's next movie has to revolve around what happened in Endgame/Infinity War. Right?

The events of Infinity War changed characters drastically....the same probably happened to Wakanda's characters as well.

Idk. As much as I liked how they switched it up it really does have major ramifications on the rest of the MCU.
    I don't think it changes much to be honest. The 5 year gap was vague enough that writers can use it for story effect (like a villain using it to gain power), can mention it here and there, or basically ignore it completely.

Speaking specifically of Black Panther... the only 100% people we know survived/snapped were T'challa (snap), Shuri (snap), Okoye (alive), M'baku (alive). Everyone else important, ON SCREEN, is unconfirmed ON SCREEN. Which is what matters.

So, if Coogler wants, he can simply say everyone else important got snapped if he wants (similar to what Spider-Man seems to be doing with the main high school class). So, Nakia, W'kabi, Ayo, Ramonda, Ross could have all gotten snapped, so you don't even have to really deal with the ramifications of it it. Or he can mix and match for story telling purposes. Maybe T'challa being gone for 5 years made it so Nakia doesn't want to wait to get married and that happens first thing next movie. Or W'kabi realized he missed his best friend and it starts his possible redemption.

I think, like all the "big" movies, they can use as much or as little as they want. It is part of what makes the whole shared universe thing fun.

The only movie that HAS to deal with it, IMO, is FFH, because it is so closes to Endgame and it will be 100% fresh in everyones mind. By the time BP2 comes out, it won't be nearly as big of a deal

I suppose what was once an unintended ironic statement became the desired reality after all.

Last edited by XJlock; 05-05-2019 at 01:30 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XJlock View Post
    I suppose what was once an unintended ironic statement became the desired reality after all.

Indeed. It was gloriously well-deserved.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Super cringey, made worse that a Black man made it..
    Yeah, my first thought was "Oh man, who just set them self up this time" and then I googled who made the film and then I thought "For real Bro?" .
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

I don't think it changes much to be honest. The 5 year gap was vague enough that writers can use it for story effect (like a villain using it to gain power), can mention it here and there, or basically ignore it completely.

Speaking specifically of Black Panther... the only 100% people we know survived/snapped were T'challa (snap), Shuri (snap), Okoye (alive), M'baku (alive). Everyone else important, ON SCREEN, is unconfirmed ON SCREEN. Which is what matters.

So, if Coogler wants, he can simply say everyone else important got snapped if he wants (similar to what Spider-Man seems to be doing with the main high school class). So, Nakia, W'kabi, Ayo, Ramonda, Ross could have all gotten snapped, so you don't even have to really deal with the ramifications of it it. Or he can mix and match for story telling purposes. Maybe T'challa being gone for 5 years made it so Nakia doesn't want to wait to get married and that happens first thing next movie. Or W'kabi realized he missed his best friend and it starts his possible redemption.

I think, like all the "big" movies, they can use as much or as little as they want. It is part of what makes the whole shared universe thing fun.

The only movie that HAS to deal with it, IMO, is FFH, because it is so closes to Endgame and it will be 100% fresh in everyones mind. By the time BP2 comes out, it won't be nearly as big of a deal
    My thinking is that it might be away/reason to have Nakia move on. With Marvel now having the X-Men right back...Storm may be on her way. Which I hope is not the case. I really like the Nakia and T'Challa pairing.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    My thinking is that it might be away/reason to have Nakia move on. With Marvel now having the X-Men right back...Storm may be on her way. Which I hope is not the case. I really like the Nakia and T'Challa pairing.
    The problem is that doing something like that would be hamfisting Storm into a mythos she doesn't belong in, and really ruining the whole setup of the first movie... For comic synergy? Synergy that ended back on AvX for that matter.. nah I think MoS theory may be more accurate