Page 328 of 744 FirstFirst ... 228278318324325326327328329330331332338378428 ... LastLast
Results 4,906 to 4,920 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    He is the George Clooney of the Panther Universe. Lol.
    Dudes utterly ruined:

- Wakandan history
    - Wakandan mythology
    - Hickman's space travel plot
    - Wakandan galactic empire
    - "T'challa the scientist"
    - and then todays revelation

Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Can Marvel just give this clown the Storm solo he wants to write so badly so he can leave Panther the hell alone already. The next writer is gonna have to do some serious retconning for all of Coates’ BS.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Can Marvel just give this clown the Storm solo he wants to write so badly so he can leave Panther the hell alone already. The next writer is gonna have to do some serious retconning for all of Coates’ BS.
    Dude has "5 years of stories" that could have been told in two

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

You could have easily had the "reveal" be in the first issue in one panel

T'challa: "Storm, the longterm future of our nation depends on us SPOILER. I am not just king, I am the protector of Wakanda, I owe it to SPOILER to bring them home"

Storm: "just make sure you come home to me"

Boom, over, one panel, not a whole GD issue of pointless gibber jabber.

Throw the whole issue out, its trash. Leave Coates Tchalla without his memory. It's better that way.
    spoilers:
    There are some info pages at the end. One makes it seem like Bashenga has been userped and the description for the Desturi and FF meeting seems to be wrong
    end of spoilers
    It's par for the course from Coates. Just when you think T'Challa might finally be shown as confident powerful and sure-footed like Priest and Hudlin have easily been able to do, he turns around and goes through the same tired nonsense. It's like the dude hates the idea of a strong Black male being shown as.... Strong. Too much awesome awesome awesome I guess...

As yo your spoiler point yeah wtf is up with that? I Know the dude loves to make up stupid ish about Wakanda and force the crap into the mythos but this is basic BP 101 isht. Random ass websites know at least this much stuff. Hell a wiki search will do it. I also blame editorial too for allowing this nonsense to go out as well As it's insulting to who T'Challa is and what lee and Kirby did for him

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Dudes utterly ruined:

- Wakandan history
    - Wakandan mythology
    - Hickman's space travel plot
    - Wakandan galactic empire
    - "T'challa the scientist"
    - and then todays revelation

It's made worse that editorial let this happen. Especially getting the damn mythos history correct. He just made Wakanda and Tchalla look like fools in one panel with his misinformed nonsense... That seems to be his forte. Making Tchalla and Wakanda look like fools.

Seriously I just want this book to end. Let someone else fix this
    He has done so much damage to the mythos. Seriously I can't name one good thing he has done in the 3 years and 40+ issues of BP he has wrote or cowrote (Rise doesn't count because Evans fought tooth and nail, unfortunately not quite successfully, reinforcing Coates was a consultant and the story was his and his alone).. I got absolutely nothing
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 05-29-2019 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    It's par for the course from Coates. Just when you think T'Challa might finally be shown as confident powerful and sure-footed like Priest and Hudlin have easily been able to do, he turns around and goes through the same tired nonsense. It's like the dude hates the idea of a strong Black male being shown as.... Strong. Too much awesome awesome awesome I guess...

As yo your spoiler point yeah wtf is up with that? I Know the dude loves to make up stupid ish about Wakanda and force the crap into the mythos but this is basic BP 101 isht. Random ass websites know at least this much stuff. Hell a wiki search will do it. I also blame editorial too for allowing this nonsense to go out as well As it's insulting to who T'Challa is and what lee and Kirby did for him
    Is there any mention of the change in "Rise"? Maybe it got changed there. I don't remember any references though.

But I agree with you on his outlook. He has a problem with male characters.

Is there any mention of the change in "Rise"? Maybe it got changed there. I don't remember any references though.

There was no change

anyone, not on panel, doesn't matter. extra typing doesn't count.

Plus the "legacy" origin has Bashenga as the first BP.

It sounds like Coates is saying these other goons united the tribes but Bashenga is still canon BP. I guess. *shrug*

Also, way back in BP13 or whenever when he met with ancestors, they called someone else the "oldest," not bashenga. So *shrug*

[QUOTE=Ezyo1000;4380690][B] It's par for the course from Coates. Just when you think T'Challa might finally be shown as confident powerful and sure

That was my issue as well. At the end of S1 he came to the realization that being King wasn't a burden but a blessing. He embraced ruling Wakanda HIS WAY. So why are we going to back to the "I don't want to be a King thing?".
    After reading Priest's run on Black Panther, I can truly said I've learned nothing, but I remember everything!
    I'm back from the Djailia!
    Since D9 exists in the MU, T'challa is definitely an Alpha! (Don't Debate me)

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    There was no change

anyone, not on panel, doesn't matter. extra typing doesn't count.

Plus the "legacy" origin has Bashenga as the first BP.

It sounds like Coates is saying these other goons united the tribes but Bashenga is still canon BP. I guess. *shrug*

Also, way back in BP13 or whenever when he met with ancestors, they called someone else the "oldest," not bashenga. So *shrug*
    The way I interpreted it, is that Bashenga is the First BP and Founder of Wakanda. However, prior to Wakanda being formed their were other civilizations on that land (Albeit without vibranium) and the first Wakandans descended from them.
    After reading Priest's run on Black Panther, I can truly said I've learned nothing, but I remember everything!
    I'm back from the Djailia!
    Since D9 exists in the MU, T'challa is definitely an Alpha! (Don't Debate me)

[QUOTE=mbeezy561;4380785]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    [B] It's par for the course from Coates. Just when you think T'Challa might finally be shown as confident powerful and sure

That was my issue as well. At the end of S1 he came to the realization that being King wasn't a burden but a blessing. He embraced ruling Wakanda HIS WAY. So why are we going to back to the "I don't want to be a King thing?".
    Because the constitutional council fails in every aspect when having to do a comic book. As they become the ineffective govt.. Which means he is doing the job he was always doing. At this point the first arc is meaningless. It was originally, but now more so. lol. They didn't even get input on Shuri becoming black panther. A hidden sect of women had to choose. We should tell readers to start with Avenger of the New World if they want to read Coates.

Minor victory at work. A co-worker picked up Coates because the liked MCU panther. He got the first trade, but he also got Liss's first story because he is a DD fan. He liked Coates, but the after he read Liss, he confirmed that it is waaaaay better.

Quote Originally Posted by mbeezy561 View Post
    The way I interpreted it, is that Bashenga is the First BP and Founder of Wakanda. However, prior to Wakanda being formed their were other civilizations on that land (Albeit without vibranium) and the first Wakandans descended from them.
    Double check that bio of her for me at the end of the book. Could have sworn it said she was ruler of the tribe that formed Wakanda. But Bashenga was the tribal chief at the time of the meteor falling to earth.

Double check that bio of her for me at the end of the book. Could have sworn it said she was ruler of the tribe that formed Wakanda. But Bashenga was the tribal chief at the time of the meteor falling to earth.
    Queen sologon was the ruler of the bako tribe that unified Wakanda is what it says. So, technically, she could of been bashengas wife and he could of been of that tribe.. but it's ambiguous enough that it can be taken that she was in charge and is responsible for the unification of Wakanda.

BANNED

He seems to be doing right by Steve Rogers so I guess it's African males he has a problem with.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    He seems to be doing right by Steve Rogers so I guess it's African males he has a problem with.
    As I was typing I remembered that editorial pays more attention to Captain America, so they're not going to let him tear Steve down. But I only read the first couple issues of Cap. I need a bigger sample size.