Page 335 of 744 FirstFirst ... 235285325331332333334335336337338339345385435 ... LastLast
Results 5,011 to 5,025 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Bucky was a secondary villain to Pierce and Hydra. He was really just meant to be their assassin, the movie's Terminator, and an emotional connection to Cap. It's Hydra and Pierce that actually challenge Cap's ideology. Winter Soldier is 'evidence' that his ideology may be dying out and the world has changed.

Killmonger obviously covers these and is like Winter Soldier, Loki and Pierce rolled into one. So you can't really do another villain that feels like that sort of combination. Again, why TDK and TWS felt fresh is because they switched up the formula. You don't want to end up like TDKR and the Iron Man films which felt like retreads.

It's like having a Doctor Strange sequel with another sorcerer with an opposing view.
    Sure you can make the arguement that Hydra was the real villain over Bucky... but the point I'm making is that the main progatonist can be challenged both physically and idealogically. You can have a single character rolled up in one like Killmonger, or you can different characters playing different roles, but the point being a movie can and should do both. And there are different ways to accomplish both certainly... I'm just saying one element shouldn't mean you can't have the other.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

I guess you can, but in my opinion I really don't see a secondary physical villain that can realistically fight T'Challa without it being cheap or boring. And again, I don't see why the action sequences can't be about T'Challa protecting other people, getting information or whatever have you, other than just fighting people.

I guess you can, but in my opinion I really don't see a secondary physical villain that can realistically fight T'Challa without it being cheap or boring. And again, I don't see why the action sequences can't be about T'Challa protecting other people, getting information or whatever have you, other than just fighting people.
    If a writer/director can't come up with a fight between a hero and villain that's not boring, then they probably should't be doing super hero movies.

ANd there's no reason an action sequence can't be about T'Challa protecting other people... movies can have multiple action sequences. They don't have to have him doing the same thing everytime. He can protect people in one scene, and fight the bad guy in the next.
    Last edited by XPac; 06-02-2019 at 07:49 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    I'll be honest, that last fight scene took away from a truly excellent film. On paper, it's awesome, but it didn't work out so well. For me, it was the fact that I couldn't tell what was going on. It was in a dark cave, with both characters wearing dark clothing in a movie that had little lighting. I can appreciate it now since a lot of online streaming services allow me to rewind and see what's going on. But I remember thinking in the theater that I wish I knew what was going on .
    But according to some, MajestiK was just throwing shade.

Bucky was a secondary villain to Pierce and Hydra. He was really just meant to be their assassin, the movie's Terminator, and an emotional connection to Cap. It's Hydra and Pierce that actually challenge Cap's ideology. Winter Soldier is 'evidence' that his ideology may be dying out and the world has changed.

Killmonger obviously covers these and is like Winter Soldier, Loki and Pierce rolled into one. So you can't really do another villain that feels like that sort of combination. Again, why TDK and TWS felt fresh is because they switched up the formula. You don't want to end up like TDKR and the Iron Man films which felt like retreads.

It's like having a Doctor Strange sequel with another sorcerer with an opposing view.
    There are two ways to go I think, you could either do a EotS or Hudlin's back to Africa. That puts tension between Wakanda and America (back to Africa) or has Achebe trying to upset Wakanda, Which could lead to an EotS 2 in the 3rd film if they chose that route. But at the same time I think they gotta make sure not to use up all his rogues. I like what they did with Erik and M'Baku, but I feel Klaw was wasted which was a shame because Andy serkis was a great Klaw and was super entertaining. I want him to come back although it's bot possible now.

Isn't that what they're going to do with Mordo?

I would love for Azania and the Supremacists to act as the antagonists for T'Challa in the BP sequel. The team can certainly benefit from a more modern take on the characters and the movie can help with that. It would be nice to see them again in the comics, but again, with a much needed wardrobe update. Especially Voortrekker:

Last edited by nj06; 06-02-2019 at 04:06 PM.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I would love for Azania and the Supremacists to act as the antagonists for T'Challa in the BP sequel. The team can certainly benefit from a more modern take on the characters and the movie can help with that. It would be nice to see them again in the comics, but again, with a much needed wardrobe update. Especially Voortrekker:

Man.. those are some serious thigh highs... I wouldn't mind seeing them appear Either. Though they would probably need a name change as well.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Is this Voortrekker or Frank N. Furter?

Princess Zanda!!!

Let a black actress work and get some residual checks!

Get Hectic!

Mighty Member

Right on, Flex!
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Actually thinking about it... Zanda might actually be a great primary villain.

She's a princess from another African country, close to Wakanda. She can be made into a female T'Challa and can be a good foil for someone like Nakia. I think every other property I'd give to an MCU Achebe could apply to her too. You can also make her a gun-toting badass (like any female action character today). And it'll be great if she's also an intellectual herself. You rarely have female villains assuming the chess player mould. Not too sure about giving her powers, especially shapeshifting ones.

My pick? Yetida Badaki from American Gods

She's a huge nerd too

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    Princess Zanda!!!

Let a black actress work and get some residual checks!

A villain so tough she had to be done in by her own need to pontificate .

So glad Maj is back. This thread was getting dull again.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Actually thinking about it... Zanda might actually be a great primary villain.

She's a princess from another African country, close to Wakanda. She can be made into a female T'Challa and can be a good foil for someone like Nakia. I think every other property I'd give to an MCU Achebe could apply to her too. You can also make her a gun-toting badass (like any female action character today). And it'll be great if she's also an intellectual herself. You rarely have female villains assuming the chess player mould. Not too sure about giving her powers, especially shapeshifting ones.

My pick? Yetida Badaki from American Gods

She's a huge nerd too
    The Shape shifting powers could work into the MCU if they decide to go the Secret Invasion route. We've got Skrulls around, so ya never know.

But if she is like the cartoon version (rather than the comic version, which sadly Priest and Hudlin didn't exactly do any favors for) I could definately get behind her. She arguably was a match for T'Challa all around, and that's not something you get out of any of the female villains in the mythos.