Page 339 of 744 FirstFirst ... 239289329335336337338339340341342343349389439 ... LastLast
Results 5,071 to 5,085 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    There was a rumor during post-production that Marvel thought the fight scenes were too long in Black Panther. That was one of the points of contention. Gotta remember an earlier version of the movie was pushing 4 hours. A rumored cut getting made near test screening was also close to 3 hrs.

I think its possible Coogler had some next level action scenes, but if its chopped up...it won't be as exciting. Thats the pro's/cons of his style. What sells you on his action scenes is the setup and earned payoff. However, it probably ran a little too long for Marvel's taste with the first one.
    Really I think every director goes through that though. Every director films FAR more material than they KNOW will fit into a 2 plus hour movie. Coogler I'm sure knew darn well that the Black Panther movie wasn't going to be 4 hours long. Obviously you have to cut stuff, and it falls on the director to cut and edit the material into a movie that works.

And it DID. Honestly I'm a little surprised that there is as much criticism as there is for the fighting in this movie. As far as fight scenes go in the MCU, I think it's at least gotta be in top 5.

Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

Cinematography of this fight is beyond any MCU fight scene.

https://heroichollywood.com/black-pa...hael-b-jordan/
    Oh, no, he's hot!
    STAS apologist, New 52 apologist, writer of several DC fan projects.

Cinematography of this fight is beyond any MCU fight scene.

https://heroichollywood.com/black-pa...hael-b-jordan/
    The acting in this film was spot-on. You can see the concern in T'Challa's eyes in the first pic while Killmonger is clearly enjoying the fight.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Can't blame a studio for going, "yo, 4 hours is a little stupid." and then, "come on, 3 hours? that ain't happening either"

That is purely on Coogler and probably points to his inexperience with large blockbuster movies.

Because you couldn't have cut any of the non action stuff. It was perfect. Hell, the last few things they did cut (wkabi/okoye, tchaka/tchalla) were great too.
    I Wish the Okoye and W'kabi scene wasn't cut. That added alot to W'kabis betrayal and would of shut people up complaining about his turn, as even without it, it made sense as to why he was pissed

You know I was thinking about something. There are rumors that Marvel is making a Thunderbolts movie. So let’s say after the events of Black Panther, W’Kabi was banished for an unspecified amount of time from Wakanda. How would you guys feel about him being on an MCU version of that team? Likewise would you all want Nakia to be apart of an MCU A-Force?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

The 4-hour cut thing has really been blown out of proportion.

Whatever was four hours was either an assembly cut or a very rough cut of the film. An assembly cut is more or less all shot footage put together (so it's hours and hours long) and a rough cut is like the first edit of the assembly cut. Neither of these versions can be watched as a movie because they'll be way too long, have redundant and repeated scenes, scenes without special effects, storyboards in place of footage, and so on. It's not a directors cut at all. Not even close to being that.

This is standard movie making, especially for big budget films.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post

Whatever was four hours was either an assembly cut or a very rough cut of the film. An assembly cut is more or less all shot footage put together (so it's hours and hours long) and a rough cut is like the first edit of the assembly cut. Neither of these versions can be watched as a movie because they'll be way too long, have redundant and repeated scenes, scenes without special effects, storyboards in place of footage, and so on. It's not a directors cut at all. Not even close to being that.

Basically this. In reality, the deleted scenes are essentially all that one should expect to get in terms of extension to the movie, minus maybe a fee extended fight scenes MAYBE

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    You know I was thinking about something. There are rumors that Marvel is making a Thunderbolts movie. So let’s say after the events of Black Panther, W’Kabi was banished for an unspecified amount of time from Wakanda. How would you guys feel about him being on an MCU version of that team? Likewise would you all want Nakia to be apart of an MCU A-Force?
    Considering there aren't enough established Supervillains not dead to be able to form the Thunderbolts (although I think they might throw in a few classic T-Bolts without having introduced them prior), I wouldn't be surprised at a wildcard or two.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Basically this. In reality, the deleted scenes are essentially all that one should expect to get in terms of extension to the movie, minus maybe a fee extended fight scenes MAYBE
    I never said it wasn't an assembly cut. Just that the film stretched to 4 hours at one point. Usually assembly cuts that long means the actually film is anywhere from 2hrs 30 mins to 3 hours.

There is still a lot that was left on the cutting room floor and the rumors during that time were the fights were much longer.

However, at the time who would release a solo movie 2hrs 30 mins or close to 3 hours? Only Infinity War was that long before Endgame.

If they knew what they had I'm sure there's a lot they wouldn't have cut out.

I expect the sequel to be 2hrs 30 mins.

Comic QDJ is gonna be hard to pull off.

They already did the "secret wakandan kid in hood" thing with Killmonger.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I don't think he fits Thunderbolts. For one, Wakanda would never exile someone who lead their border tribe and was part of the inner circle. It is a huge security risk. Plus, dude was Wakanda through in through... he just wanted to use Wakanda to conquer.

Nakia works for A-force since she is all "help the world" stuff. she can replace Widow lol

But considering they didn't even bother to put her in either Avengers movie, I don't see it as likely
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

It'll be easier if they don't make her a secret Wakandan. Much easier if she's just an American social activist or whatever, involved in Wakanda's outreach programs. Or she's just a new Wakandan character without that origin story.

Thematically her being a secret could work to tie into the previous film though, especially if they emphasize she's a good person.

You can always just combine QDJ with Killmonger and say she's his secret sister or something. That sort of justifies the queen part.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    You can always just combine QDJ with Killmonger and say she's his secret sister or something. That sort of justifies the queen part.
    I'd rather keep the Jabari connection. M'Baku needs some fam.

I don't think he fits Thunderbolts. For one, Wakanda would never exile someone who lead their border tribe and was part of the inner circle. It is a huge security risk. Plus, dude was Wakanda through in through... he just wanted to use Wakanda to conquer.

Nakia works for A-force since she is all "help the world" stuff. she can replace Widow lol

But considering they didn't even bother to put her in either Avengers movie, I don't see it as likely
    If I had to guess who is more likely to join the A-force, it would be Okoye.. or Shuri