Page 355 of 744 FirstFirst ... 255305345351352353354355356357358359365405455 ... LastLast
Results 5,311 to 5,325 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Funny, I didn't know that Shuri fit in the same mold as riri and moon girl, who are filling niche roles as teen heroes, given that, you know, Shuri isn't a teen (despite what Ill informed writer is currently trying to push) put an adult who already had a unique power set different from Tchalla before the need "upgrade" her powerset to vague but plot device mode
    It's one of the problems with movie synergy. Prior to the Black Panther movie she really didn't fit in the same mold as Moon Girl or Riri. But the movie version does, and for better or for worse marvel has decided to take elements from the movie version (despite being very different from the comic in a lot of ways) and mixing them with the comic version. It's understandable logic from a marketing standpoint, though writing wise it's fitting a square peg into a round hole.

But that's why I think the mystical elements she has which seperate her from the other two (and T'Challa for that matter) are that much more important.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    To general audiences, she is the stand out. Comic audiences have seen it all before so unless she is written really well it doesn't matter what powers she has.
    I don't agree that her powers don't matter. I think redundency can be an issue with her, especially if most of her stories involve her and T'Challa. If her defining ability is her tech, it basically means her and T'Challa need to split the tech feats. If her SOLE ability is tech, then frankly she's probably going to get the lions share of it.

But giving her abilities entirely distinct from T'Challa, they end up potentially stepping on each other's feet a whole lot less in stories. They both can do things the other can't, so there's less redundency or splitting of feats.

It's less of an issue with Riri and Moon Girl since she likely won't be sharing panel time with them too often... but I still think giving her unique abilities that the other two don't possess is a good thing. A character which combines magic and tech is far less common than a purely tech character.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I don't agree that her powers don't matter. I think redundency can be an issue with her, especially if most of her stories involve her and T'Challa. If her defining ability is her tech, it basically means her and T'Challa need to split the tech feats. If her SOLE ability is tech, then frankly she's probably going to get the lions share of it.

But giving her abilities entirely distinct from T'Challa, they end up potentially stepping on each other's feet a whole lot less in stories. They both can do things the other can't, so there's less redundency or splitting of feats.

It's less of an issue with Riri and Moon Girl since she likely won't be sharing panel time with them too often... but I still think giving her unique abilities that the other two don't possess is a good thing. A character which combines magic and tech is far less common than a purely tech character.
    Robin does the exact same things Batman does with the only difference being personality. I've never seen anyone complain about it. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Robin does the exact same things Batman does with the only difference being personality. I've never seen anyone complain about it. Lol.
    The difference is with Shuri its going backwards IF they are taken away.

When Falcon and Cap started being partners, initially Falcon didn't fly. But then they gave him wings. So taking flight away from him after the fact and just making him a guy who can fight, albeint not as well as Steve is a step backwards.

Same thing with Shuri. To give her unique abilities then strip them away to she goes back to being able to do SOME (though not all) of the stuff T'Challa can do, only not as well is a step backwards. There are things she can do that T'Challa can't and vice verse... IMO might as well keep it that way.

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Found this video. Thoughts?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

Black Panther, Priest #5

The real GOAT

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post

Not a bad list. It omits a couple people, like Val. Some of the ordering I wouldn't necessarily agree with... I'd put Stark over Beast for example. But overall it got a lot of solid choices. The fact that it included Moon Girl alone deserves a lot of credit.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Coates is one of the smartest people writing one of the dumbest comics out right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Coates is one of the smartest people writing one of the dumbest comics out right now.
    iTs Is SoCiAl CoMmEnTaRy On ThE mIdDlE pAsSaGe!!!
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    I like to think that Coates is a very talented, intelligent, prolific writer....of non-fiction. Like Roxanne Gay, fiction doesn't seem to be his thing. I've read a little of his Panther run and disliked it, and apparently it hasn't gotten better.

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post

Black Panther is voted the 3rd smartest person in this video. I am not of fan of these intelligence rankings, because I think it would be really hard to ranking intelligence because there are a lot of different factors that contribute to it.

BLACK PANTHER AND THE AGENTS OF WAKANDA #1

Jim Zub (W) • LAN MEDINA (A)

Cover by JORGE MOLINA

Variant cover by LEINIL FRANCIS YU

GAME VARIANT COVER BY YOON LEE

Hidden Gem variant cover by TBA
    VARIANT COVER by TBA
    WAKANDA WORLDWIDE!
    ALL-NEW ONGOING SERIES!
    From the pages of Jason Aaron’s AVENGERS! Vampires. Aliens. Angry fish kings. Black Panther’s hand-picked Agents of Wakanda can handle it all. And who better to lead them than the king of the world’s most technologically evolved country? Wakanda is making waves on the world’s map – and not everyone’s a fan. With General Okoye’s help, T’Challa will take Gorilla-Man, Ka-Zar and Wasp on a global fight for survival – to handle threats S.H.I.E.L.D. could only dream of!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
    Last edited by KingNomarch; 06-20-2019 at 01:20 PM.

MARVEL TALES: BLACK PANTHER #1

ROY THOMAS, DON MCGREGOR &
    REGINALD HUDLIN (W)

FRANK GIACOIA, RICH BUCKLER &
    KEN LASHLEY (A)

Cover by JEN BARTEL

VIRGIN VARIANT Cover by JEN BARTEL
    The Black Panther is on the prowl as we celebrate Marvel’s 80th anniversary with the return of the era-spanning MARVEL TALES! This anthology series shines a spotlight on fan-favorite characters, features timeless stories and highlights some of Marvel’s most impressive talent from the past eight decades. The origin of T’Challa, the warrior king of Wakanda, is explored by Roy Thomas and Frank Giacoia in AVENGERS (1963) #87! Then, Don McGregor and Rich Buckler kick off their seminal Black Panther tale “Panther’s Rage” by introducing the deadly Erik Killmonger in JUNGLE ACTION (1972) #6-7! Plus, meet a new Black Panther for a new era as the brilliant Shuri claims her brother’s cowl in Reginald Hudlin and Ken Lashley’s BLACK PANTHER (2009) #1!
    88 PGS./ one-shot/Rated T+…$7.99
    Last edited by KingNomarch; 06-20-2019 at 01:18 PM.

BLACK PANTHER #16

TA-NEHISI COATES (W) • DANIEL ACUñA (A) • COVER BY
    Daniel Acuña & CAFU

THE INTERGALACTIC EMPIRE OF WAKANDA - TWO THOUSAND SEASONS part 4
    N’Jadaka’s revenge! T’Challa thought he had rid himself of the Intergalactic Empire and its despotic ruler — but he forgot he was tangling with a god. And now, the Empire knows how to reach Wakanda Prime. Has T’Challa learned what it means to be king just in time to lose his kingdom?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Are we really about to have a story involving T'Challa having to figure out what it means to be a king? Wasn't the point of season 1with it's no one man crap was that a king wasn't necessary anymore? For anyone still reading Coates' bore, has T'Challa and NuKillmonger even met yet? Last I checked they haven't.