Page 361 of 744 FirstFirst ... 261311351357358359360361362363364365371411461 ... LastLast
Results 5,401 to 5,415 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    why u hate her so much? she is a part of the mythos thanks to hudlin

this makes sense. I'm seeing tchallas time away explain ed exactly like this.
    I don't have anything against Storm. I have an Issue with this constant need to try and make her relevant in BPs mythos because they were married back in the day and now it's long done and over with yet some people can't seem to let T'Challa be free and use his mythos as a prop for Storm because her own franchise can't be bothered to give her something there. And no, Hudlin TRIED to make her apart of the mythos, but marvel killed that dead. So people need to let it go, unless x office officially relinquish control of her to the BP franchise permanently she doesn't need to be a squatter on the mythos. And shame on Coates for letting this go on for so long (and really for bringing it back up in the first place)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I don't have anything against Storm. I have an Issue with this constant need to try and make her relevant in BPs mythos because they were married back in the day and now it's long done and over with yet some people can't seem to let T'Challa be free and use his mythos as a prop for Storm because her own franchise can't be bothered to give her something there. And no, Hudlin TRIED to make her apart of the mythos, but marvel killed that dead. So people need to let it go, unless x office officially relinquish control of her to the BP franchise permanently she doesn't need to be a squatter on the mythos. And shame on Coates for letting this go on for so long (and really for bringing it back up in the first place)
    I agree. From Kimera, the Gambit kiss, Major X, and the lies she told to her X friends. Marvel sunk this love boat and I'm ready to move on. Wasting these franchise and merchandising years.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    As it turns out, the symbiote's weaknesses to fire and loud noises come from the genetic memory of the first symbiote, All-Black the Necrosword, being forged inside the head of a dead Celestial. Purely psychosomatic, kind of like the Martian Manhunter's weakness against fire over at DC.

I can respect that.

You're welcome.

Yeah, he did run afoul of Knull in that issue.

That could actually work. A rival feline goddess to Bast empowering Killmonger the same way Bast has empowered the Black Panther lineage could seriously up Killmonger's game, should he ever be revived in 616, and if not . . . well, didn't he have a son out there somewhere who might've sworn revenge against his father's killer(s)? That being said, I also like the idea of Kasper Cole being empowered by the Tiger God, especially in light of Ava and Angela both rejecting the Tiger God at the end of Al Ewing's New Avengers and now fighting crime with just their own skills.
    Well last we saw T'Challa has the Tiger god in a pokeball so he can easily make it happen

Quote Originally Posted by XJlock View Post

Such a huge missed opportunity among others that unfortunately plagued the ultimates book. So much potential out of that book to see some truly wild and crazy things, and to really cut loose, but unfortunately it got saddled down events, being a stealth Galactus book, and then just being too tame and afraid to really let the characters unleash their true Power

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Prolly why Priest retconned them to being "sorta kinda not real Killmonger"

It is just weird any villain would have a "cant be beat" invisibility cloak on them though. Kinda stupid. If that is the only way you can stay relevant, then you are a **** villain lol
    I sort of get why that happened, though. At the time, Black Panther didn't have a regular book. The writer of the Iron Man Annual at least was a writer for the previous Black Panther series so I can see why he might want to continue T'Challa's story. They also did that with Avengers stories in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Still waiting for the day Killmonger becomes the champion of Sekhmet/Hathor and starts calling himself Death Lion as someone suggested here once
    I do like the idea of Sekhmet/Hathor having a greater role in Wakanda, but I'm not a fan of Killmonger taking that role. I know the Killmonger mini explicitly references a deity that is on his side (I forget the name), but, even barring that, there's a strong symbolism between a Black Panther and a regular Leopard because it shows the similarities between the two characters. It's even stronger when you go with a Jaguar instead of a Leopard because you then have the American connection. N'Jadaka reinvented himself and became Killmonger in America, so having a totem from that continent makes a lot of sense. That being said, I've never thought of Killmonger as particularly religious. He'd use gods to his advantage, but that doesn't mean he worships them.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

XJlock got my scan of the day, even if it is freaking gigantic lol

I sort of get why that happened, though. At the time, Black Panther didn't have a regular book. The writer of the Iron Man Annual at least was a writer for the previous Black Panther series so I can see why he might want to continue T'Challa's story. They also did that with Avengers stories in the past.
    Best part of the priest fight was that Priest made it clear T'challa was winning, despite holding back slightly hoping Killmonger would yield. He only got caught because of Ross.

Unlike McGregor who... just had Killmonger so beyond T'challa that his Preyy almost killed him and Killmonger pondered why he even bothered lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Best part of the priest fight was that Priest made it clear T'challa was winning, despite holding back slightly hoping Killmonger would yield. He only got caught because of Ross.

Unlike McGregor who... just had Killmonger so beyond T'challa that his Preyy almost killed him and Killmonger pondered why he even bothered lol
    So that movie fight was pretty accurate to that then

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

this art is gorgeous!!! and it seems like ororo may be pivotal in tchalla returning home. and the gods have returned too. hope this is explained.
    The preview looks interesting and I'm glad to see Storm back. I like the Hadari Yao moniker/concept as well and I hope to see her and T'Challa reunited.

Killmonger becoming the avatar of Sekhmet/Hathor would be a nice development as well.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

And Hudlin who made the fight relatively even if a slight advantage to Erik but that was also because T'Challa was distracted due to Monica being captured.

Incredible Member

Yeah Storm is part of BP mythos its time for both sides to acknowledge that fact

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    And Hudlin who made the fight relatively even if a slight advantage to Erik but that was also because T'Challa was distracted due to Monica being captured.
    I thought it was more he just wanted to keep Killmonger there until Shuri was rescued.

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    Yeah Storm is part of BP mythos its time for both sides to acknowledge that fact
    I'll acknowledge it when she is no longer part of the Xmen mythos. And Tchalla gets equal praise from characters in his own book that she does.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I thought it was more he just wanted to keep Killmonger there until Shuri was rescued.
    Ah maybe that's who it was not Monica either way I know he wasn't exactly going full Force against Erik