Page 365 of 404 FirstFirst ... 265315355361362363364365366367368369375 ... LastLast
Results 5,461 to 5,475 of 6048
  1. #5461
    Fantastic Member Ororo101's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    The most recent I can think of is the Gambit kiss. I believe at that time they were back to dating. Others include(cant think of what titles they're in) Rhodeys' funeral they had Storm throw shade. At the End of Civil War II after Tchalla embarrassed Carol, she says to Storm, "I can't believe you were married to him" and Storm just gives her a hug instead of pushing her off the building. Lol. Also some scene in the Xjet and they were talking about African leaders or something.

    The funny thing is while they were married Xmen did respectful work. There was the death of Sabertooth arc they were guest in that was good. A oneshot Wolverine issue where BP asked for a favor. But than AvX comes and you know the rest.

    I see what you’re saying on some points for sure but not on others. Although it may have been the same publishing time as their relationship starting up again in BP the trash that was the Gambit kiss in X-men Gold had to have happened prior to their relationship rekindling because in the issues that confirms their relationship status she is wearing her current X-men Red uniform and not the previous one that she had in Gold. Garbage scene but I think time-wise she was still single. Besides the fact that no one ever mentioned that again, which leads me to believe that it was just supposed to represent a random and not well done moment of intimacy between good friends. I can’t recall myself what happened at Rhodey’s funeral but like I said, isn’t some resentment understandable? If we’re thinking about this in real life terms, any dejected spouse would feel some type of way about their partner until some kind of closure is gained. Civil War II was a hot mess and Storm has no business sticking up for Carol’s side in my opinion so you’re right there. Not an X-book though, but still a poor showing for Storm I agree.

  2. #5462
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13,398

    Default

    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  3. #5463
    Fantastic Member Ororo101's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Can you make the Wolverine one bigger, it's the only one I don't recognize, but these go hand in hand with your question earlier. These are from X books. One is XRed and the other is XWorlds Apart.

    I wish I knew how to but it’s from Avengers: Consequences #1 of you can find it. Granted the other two are X-books that have business in Wakanda but when else would mutant attitudes of the Wakandan people be addressed outside of direct Storm involved stories in BP? It was passed by Marvel editorial by multiple different writers many years apart so I had to think they were okay with it being shown that way. Depends on the way you look at it though, I suppose.

  4. #5464
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    16,257

    Default

    I mean, that last one doesn't point to Wakanda hating mutants just because they are mutant.

    They hated them because mutants showed up when trying to find hope. aka invaded somehwere they didn't belong.

    They hate them because then a super power mutant showed up and drowned them all, followed by the mutant P5 (well 4 then) basically acted like king of the earth.

    They were hated for being invaders, not because they were mutant.
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

  5. #5465
    Astonishing Member Cville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    3,523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Thanks for the size. What's wrong with this? They didn't say all mutants, and Wolverine even says they were welcoming before. The Xmen are enemies of the state at the time?

  6. #5466
    Astonishing Member Cville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    3,523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    I wish I knew how to but itís from Avengers: Consequences #1 of you can find it. Granted the other two are X-books that have business in Wakanda but when else would mutant attitudes of the Wakandan people be addressed outside of direct Storm involved stories in BP? It was passed by Marvel editorial by multiple different writers many years apart so I had to think they were okay with it being shown that way. Depends on the way you look at it though, I suppose.
    Of course Marvel editoral is fine with it. That what we've been saying. Lol.

    Unless you have a Priest, Hudlin, or McGregor writing to push back at the editorial level, you'll get scenes like this.

    For the MCU they wanted Wakandans to have British accents according to Boseman. I heard a rumor that early days they wanted Tchalla to be a sanitarium worker who found a panther necklace.
    Last edited by Cville; 06-24-2019 at 11:01 AM.

  7. #5467
    Fantastic Member Ororo101's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I actually think this is smart. being accepting of outsiders hsvent helped the other indigenous people of the world. just saying
    I think we all know what you mean by “outsiders” and to that stance I obviously agree that an isolationist stance is definitely best. It was the xenophobia against other Africans that rang as unfair to me. The movie actually did a good job of highlighting this by making this argument one of Killmonger’s more sympathetic points as a “villain”.

  8. #5468
    Fantastic Member Ororo101's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Of course Marvel editoral is fine with it. That what we've been saying. Lol.

    So should those not be accepted as canon examples of Wakanda being openly anti-mutant? Because then I don’t know what to tell you. Not all of those are X-books but as much as we don’t like it sometimes canon is canon.

  9. #5469
    Fantastic Member Ororo101's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Thanks for the size. What's wrong with this? They didn't say all mutants, and Wolverine even says they were welcoming before. The Xmen are enemies of the state at the time?

    They were literally attempting to shoot down a plane full of mutant children that were brought there to aid them in rebuilding after Namor’s destruction. Namor, a character who before AvX was hardly associated with the X-men and had his own problems with Wakanda/T’challa. How is that okay.

  10. #5470
    Astonishing Member Cville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    3,523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    So should those not be accepted as canon examples of Wakanda being openly anti-mutant? Because then I don’t know what to tell you. Not all of those are X-books but as much as we don’t like it sometimes canon is canon.
    I edited my post for more details.

    Now I duck my head into the Storm thread once and a while, and I notice a whole lot of Xmen Gold denial. And that was a main book for that character.

  11. #5471
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13,398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Thanks for the size. What's wrong with this? They didn't say all mutants, and Wolverine even says they were welcoming before. The Xmen are enemies of the state at the time?
    you're welcome. what's wrong simply put is that the two of them should have tried to talk through their differences. also let's not forget the real reason the marriage was annulled. it was because fox owned the xmen. hudlin already revealed this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    I think we all know what you mean by “outsiders” and to that stance I obviously agree that an isolationist stance is definitely best. It was the xenophobia against other Africans that rang as unfair to me. The movie actually did a good job of highlighting this by making this argument one of Killmonger’s more sympathetic points as a “villain”.

    lolol. yes I'm glad we are on the same page but I think your point about helping other Africans is a fair one. they may have just had the mentality of protecting their own at all costs regardless of what is happening to other people but I agree with your point.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  12. #5472
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13,398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I edited my post for more details.

    Now I duck my head into the Storm thread once and a while, and I notice a whole lot of Xmen Gold denial. And that was a main book for that character.
    xmen what??? never heard of it.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  13. #5473
    Astonishing Member Cville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    3,523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    you're welcome. what's wrong simply put is that the two of them should have tried to talk through their differences. also let's not forget the real reason the marriage was annulled. it was because fox owned the xmen. hudlin already revealed this.




    lolol. yes I'm glad we are on the same page but I think your point about helping other Africans is a fair one. they may have just had the mentality of protecting their own at all costs regardless of what is happening to other people but I agree with your point.
    The picture was used as an example of Wakandans hating mutants. I didn't see that. It looks like they're not welcoming of Xmen bexause of AvX.

  14. #5474
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    16,257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

    lolol. yes I'm glad we are on the same page but I think your point about helping other Africans is a fair one. they may have just had the mentality of protecting their own at all costs regardless of what is happening to other people but I agree with your point.
    Traditional Wakandan's are Wakandan's first, second, and third .

    They have their tiny area and their special meteor and just want everyone else to leave them alone. They don't conquer. They don't bother anyone as long as you don't bother them.


    I mean, hell, think about it... the first "outsiders" to try and take their special rock were probably African's lol. Just by pure proximity.
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

  15. #5475
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13,398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    The picture was used as an example of Wakandans hating mutants. I didn't see that. It looks like they're not welcoming of Xmen bexause of AvX.
    well I think a big part of how nehzno was treated would indicate some wakandans dont like mutants. also it doesn't say xmen it says "namor was a mutant under a mutant flag" and that it used to be a "utopia" but that is past tense. it would seem that it was talking to all mutants. however none of this matters as this has all been resolved.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •