Page 373 of 744 FirstFirst ... 273323363369370371372373374375376377383423473 ... LastLast
Results 5,581 to 5,595 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Its standard procedure for heroes to get new suits for movies, gotta sell them toys.

I'd like to see any of these three adapted.

His look in The Ultimates was very close to his look in the solo film. I love BP with gold, but after having Killmonger use the black & gold scheme for his habit I don't think we will get T'Challa with the same look in the films.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    His guys yes, but he doesn't need it. But considering they don't activate automatically when the mind is probed, they're kinda useless for a surprise attack.
    T'Challa has been taken over by telepaths before. He's resistant, but not immune. So it makes sense for him to have protection. Just in case.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    On another note: Should T'Challa get a new costume in the next film? He already has 2 BP habits, and changing/upgrading would follow the likes of other MCU movie heroes like Iron Man and Spider-man who have used multiple costumes in their various film appearances. What changes/additions would you all like to see happen? A ceremonial cape perhaps? Some fur? Both?
    I like his costume now but I would not mind like a cool armor grade version of his suit. oooh I like the Cape idea too
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

On another note: Should T'Challa get a new costume in the next film? He already has 2 BP habits, and changing/upgrading would follow the likes of other MCU movie heroes like Iron Man and Spider-man who have used multiple costumes in their various film appearances. What changes/additions would you all like to see happen? A ceremonial cape perhaps? Some fur? Both?
    I wouldn't mind seeing him pull a Hulk Buster suit out of the closest for some big Hulk level threat. I think every comic book smart guy in marvel should build their won Hulk Buster suit. It should be a thing. Probably not for the next BP movie... might save that for Avengers.

The person I'd really want to see in new armor though is Shuri. She has the gauntlets... might be cool if she comes up with a full suit.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing him pull a Hulk Buster suit out of the closest for some big Hulk level threat. I think every comic book smart guy in marvel should build their won Hulk Buster suit. It should be a thing. Probably not for the next BP movie... might save that for Avengers.

The person I'd really want to see in new armor though is Shuri. She has the gauntlets... might be cool if she comes up with a full suit.
    It would make sense for him to have some more powerful suits to whip out, especially after everything that happened with Thanos. I also think it would be cool if one of those giant Panther statues around Wakanda were revealed to be fully functioning mechs that are only to be used as a last resort.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

He will most likely have an alternate suit for some mission and then go back to the normal-ish habit for most of the movie.

aka camo HZ inspired suit for a mission or thriced blessed armor or some ceremonial thing for a wedding or something then back to the regular suit.

allows them to sell toys without changing his "core" look.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Pointing out he doesn't need telepathic blockers vs Arachnid troops? lol
    Telepathic blockers you have to press a button to operate? lol. REALLY useful there, let me tell ya, so when a powerful telepath comes in and says, "HEY GUYS PREPARE FOR A TELEPATHIC ASSAULT!!!" they will be ready!

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

they can use (jack's) 2013-2015 fan-art... like they already did! free of charge!
    https://www.deviantart.com/apexabyss/gallery/

Who has been at the forefront of the new-era/ tech-standard Black Panther?

Mighty Member

I have never been one for the utilization of the thrice blessed armor. But, in the movie I could see a acen where T'Challa was cornered in a Wakandan museum and donned an ancient suit of armor as a nod to Hudlin. Visually it would be cool and would also add weight to Wakandan history. Beuond how it was used in Hudlin's New Orleans arc I didnt really care for how it was used.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by MouserGrey View Post
    I have never been one for the utilization of the thrice blessed armor. But, in the movie I could see a acen where T'Challa was cornered in a Wakandan museum and donned an ancient suit of armor as a nod to Hudlin. Visually it would be cool and would also add weight to Wakandan history. Beuond how it was used in Hudlin's New Orleans arc I didnt really care for how it was used.
    I'd be fine with thrice blessed armor showing up, provided they bothered explaining exactly what it is and what it does. And maybe tweak the design a bit. The comic never handled it well. It's almost like they just decided one day to give him a suit of armor now that he had a sword.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Its standard procedure for heroes to get new suits for movies, gotta sell them toys.

I'd like to see any of these three adapted.

I like Rocaforts design and wouldn't mind seeing it adapted. I want to see all that stuff and prowler's, and Nyami motherships

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Muad'Dib View Post

they can use (jack's) 2013-2015 fan-art... like they already did! free of charge!
    https://www.deviantart.com/apexabyss/gallery/

Who has been at the forefront of the new-era/ tech-standard Black Panther?

Apex coming in with the pure Vibranium nuggets. Great stuff here

Last edited by XJlock; 06-25-2019 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    :sigh:

Where do I even begin?

This is the kind of thinking that turns directors like Coogler away. This is the kind of thinking that makes dumb studio execs think bigger is always better and up for soulness, CGI-ladden unearned blockbusters instead of a well crafted film. This is the kind of thinking that FOX used in the handling of the X-Men films and Warner Brothers for the DC films.

Ask yourself: is the BP film actually a big film? Sure, it globe-hops and contains big action set pieces, but it's not a big film. All of the conflict revolves around one country, one kingdom, and really one royal family. It's actually a smaller film in terms of scale, and it barely references the rest of the MCU. Did that stop the general audience from watching it? It outgrossed every single solo film!

The Dark Knight is considered to be one of the best sequels. Is it a bigger film than Begins? No. Spider-Man 2 is considered to be one of the best superhero movies ever. Is it a bigger film than Spider-Man 1? No. But wait, Spider-Man 3 and The Dark Knight Rises are both bigger films than their predecessors! Are they better than them though? No.

The Black Panther sequel is going to make (a lot of) money as long as it is at least as good as the first film. I don't know why this is even a concern. And frankly, the MCU is not about to start looking in other people's backyard and borrowing tricks from them. Just because WB put out Aquaman does not mean the MCU suddenly needs Namor. Aquaman grossed a billion dollars, and? Marvel have how many of those again? Including Black Panther, and they'll keep having more as long as they keep doing what they're doing: raising the bar higher and setting the standard.

Nor does Marvel need to get the film's haters on board because they'll watch it anyway. You know the haters love to get their hateful opinions out fast so they'll be there opening weekend.

The sequel needs to be a better film. That's it. It needs to keep what worked in the first, improve on what didn't, and push even further creatively. Coogler said he hoped Black Panther could show people what a blockbuster could be like, and he did. BP is a smart, well acted, well directed film full of representation and topical issues. Now I want to see if he can really topical and say something daring no one has before with the sequel. It does not need to be bigger. Namor fans don't even want this.

That's your son Flex? Good job bro!
    Going bigger doesn't necessarily mean it's going to be a dumb ridden movie in general. You should always find a balance of increasing the scope and stakes of the sequel and not falling in to the category of just dumb fun like most films do these days. A lot of film have gone bigger than their first movie and have ended up being great films in general i.e Terminator 2, Return of the King, Mad Max 2, Empire Strikes Back, Aliens, Lethal Weapon 2, Goldfinger etc.

You don't necessarily have to go the way Endgame did even though the it was mostly in the third act but big enough to increase the stakes and all

BP13 spend the whole issue tryng to connect to AOL while T'challa got yelled at.

for those who don't want to read, quick summary

spoilers:

- t'challa spends whole time trying to find real Wakanda which is draining ship energy
    - M'baku doesn't like it because it is endangering the crew, he yells at tchalla, calling him a bitch that runs from his kingly duties basically
    - on real wakanda, apparently the Orisha are back, Wakanda is in its best shape since pre Doom War, only thing is Bast still isn't back. Which makes Shuri think Bast must be with her avatar/T'challa
    - tchalla mbaku fight, mid fight, the connection to rela Wakanda works. The End
    end of spoilers

The killmonger reveal last issue was not touched on at all btw

This book is a waste lol. Still can't ge ta handle on the timeline btw or how long T'challa has been gone, other than vague **** about crops (which will easily be ignored/retconned)