Page 375 of 744 FirstFirst ... 275325365371372373374375376377378379385425475 ... LastLast
Results 5,611 to 5,625 of 11160
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    It's been clear for long time that Coates really only had enough content for maybe 2 arcs and even then that's a stretch. His entire 1-3 seasons could of been wrapped up in 18 issues and we could of been onto bigger and better things. I don't understand how you make Wakanda taking over the Galaxy boring but Coates found a way. Among all the other stories we wanted to see get touched on. He made then all boring and insulting to BP fans and black folk in general
    According to she who must not be named fans-NOTHING is wrong. He has done a great job.

And he gets away with it because Distinguishing Competition isn't fighting back.

There is no Black Batman or Superman to beat him in sales to get a change.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I just read Black Panther and I must say Coates never ceases to amaze me. Tchalla is fighting an entire galaxy to be the man he wants to be and though Ororo is not in the forefront this issue she too is fighting against who she is; what is in her bloodline. To show both these characters fighting what is essentially in their DNA ultimately to reconnect and then assumingly embracing not only each other but their blood right I find to be so powerful. I loved the exchange between Tchalla and M'Baku which mirrored Ororo's exchange with Baba. Bravo!!!! Cant wait for the next issue.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Nah thst goes back to my point about taking away from Wakanda being special. It wasn't their own ingenuity. No, the Orishas, who we have seen their names come up but they have yet to do jack isht, are the ones who have uplifted Wakanda. Not Wakandans themselves by their own hand, not T'Challa when he had the IG... Nope, Coates made up pet pantheon who are the ones behind Wakandas success.
    True.

There really isn't a damn thing special about Wakandans. Fancy special magic space rock + gods helping them yet they still get wrecked.

Thanks Coates
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Well with WoR over, that was a big F'ing tease that amounted to just about nothing for T'challa other than bossing monkey man around.

So far, being the "leader" of the avengers is just as shitty as a job as being "king" of Wakanda. A bunch of boring delegation watching other people do stuff.

He gets about one page of bossing and one panel of "insert random ass tech' and that is about it.

Bunch of cool covers amounted to a big wet fart (for T'challa)

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I read the new issue and thought it was decent. Bast being a troll was comical. I liked the scenes with Storm, Shuri, and Ramonda. I liked how Ramonda was the one to know that Bast was still with T'Challa. Athough I agree with others in that this storyline has been going on for long enough and I wouldn't mind it wrapping up soon. This version of M'Baku has grown on me and I hope he gets to stick around. He seems genuine and loyal to his crew.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I read the new issue and thought it was decent. Bast being a troll was comical. I liked the scenes with Storm, Shuri, and Ramonda. I liked how Ramonda was the one to know that Bast was still with T'Challa. Athough I agree with others in that this storyline has been going on for long enough and I wouldn't mind it wrapping up soon. This version of M'Baku has grown on me and I hope he gets to stick around. He seems genuine and loyal to his crew.
    ok can you explain this. I forgot to mention this. is in in character for her to be so b!tchy? I love m'Baku and tchalla. it's too much sexiness for me to handle.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    ok can you explain this. I forgot to mention this. is in in character for her to be so b!tchy? I love m'Baku and tchalla. it's too much sexiness for me to handle.
    Bast as a character actually doesn't have much panel time.

She was kind of a bitch when T'challa got repowered but, I read this as Bast's personality mixing a bit with a kid personally.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Bast as a character actually doesn't have much panel time.

She was kind of a bitch when T'challa got repowered but, I read this as Bast's personality mixing a bit with a kid personally.
    oh that is very interesting and it makes sense that she would take on some of characteristics of the human she possesses. what issue was this when tchalla was repowered?

oh that is very interesting and it makes sense that she would take on some of characteristics of the human she possesses. what issue was this when tchalla was repowered?
    Fantastic Four #607-608

You should know that, Storm was in it! lol

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Fantastic Four #607-608

You should know that, Storm was in it! lol
    ooh goddess the shade lol. I will have to go read it.

and you are not liking how tchalla is wanting to do what he wants to do on his own terms over wanting to be a king?

Yeah the only good thing that came out of the issue was Shuris new look. Not that clunky ass griot suit she has but a decent look that somewhat makes sense. The rest is just more Coates back sliding instead of developing Tchalla and moving him forward. And more bs and taking away Wakanda being special and instead making it seem like simple dumb luck.

No thanks
    Genuine question so please don’t mistake for shade but... is the fact that you happened to live where a meteor imbued with heavy concentrations of an extremely valuable, technologically revolutionary, highly and multi-purposefully functional alien metal hit not by definition... dumb luck?
    Last edited by Ororo101; 06-26-2019 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    According to she who must not be named fans-NOTHING is wrong. He has done a great job.

And he gets away with it because Distinguishing Competition isn't fighting back.

There is no Black Batman or Superman to beat him in sales to get a change.
    Fully addressed that you, as Black Panther fans, have every right not to see the appeal in how Coates is portraying your favorite character multiple times but sure, go off with the generalizations and lightly veiled digs I guess

As MoS stated, Bast's hasn't had too much panel time and so her personality hasn't been explored too much. I would say the most consistent thing about her to me has been her stern/serious demeanor. I feel like today's issue is the only time we've seen Bast written with any sort of humor attached to her.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Fantastic Member LastManStanding's Avatar

Someone correct me if I am wrong but originally in Wakanda a 12 year old boy saw his father the then king murdered and that motivated the boy to become king through trial by combat. Trial by combat..that is a lot of physical pain and sacrifice...so anyone wanting to be king really has to want.

I actually appreciated how cheeky she was lol. I thought it was cute and I agree with MoS that he was probably trying to portray her as acting somewhat childlike as well.