Page 381 of 744 FirstFirst ... 281331371377378379380381382383384385391431481 ... LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,715 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Well with WoR over, that was a big F'ing tease that amounted to just about nothing for T'challa other than bossing monkey man around.

So far, being the "leader" of the avengers is just as shitty as a job as being "king" of Wakanda. A bunch of boring delegation watching other people do stuff.

He gets about one page of bossing and one panel of "insert random ass tech' and that is about it.

Bunch of cool covers amounted to a big wet fart (for T'challa)
    Not a lot of on screen feats for anyone really. The biggest one was probably Ghost Rider in the first arc. But he does get talked about in a good way.

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    Why not?
    Because that's not Black Panther. That's not the character I've read about or watched cartoons about or watched a movie about.

If we are just gonna have him do random shit... why even use Black Panther? Gonna have a tech based genius type? Hell, use Cho. Wanna use zombie magic shit? Hell, use Voodoo. Hell, screw it, just use Shuri right? Do we even need T'challa?

Or hell, let's take away Cap's shield too! Eh, Spider-Man with webs? Boring, let's have him shoot actual spiders. Thor with mjolnir shooting lightning? Boring, how about a Thor that rounds a cloud like Lakitu, Thoring mead at the bad guys. Do something different right?

You don't need to refer to the comics for everything. At least it shows that someone is taking the chance to do something different. Some of the things Spider-Man does in the ps4 videogame were never done in the comics.
    I said that in the same thing you quoted

If you get your own AAA video game like spider-man, then they can spice it up a bit.
    A multi character team up game isn't going to have the same depth in a single character.

I swear, some of y'all don't even like TCHALLA THE BLACK PANTHER. You just like the idea of him.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Not a lot of on screen feats for anyone really. The biggest one was probably Ghost Rider in the first arc. But he does get talked about in a good way.
    Hopefully the spy thing pays off.

Agents of Wakanda might be the biggest "thing" for T'challa so far... and that is mostly going to push Okoye I think.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Because that's not Black Panther. That's not the character I've read about or watched cartoons about or watched a movie about.

If we are just gonna have him do random shit... why even use Black Panther? Gonna have a tech based genius type? Hell, use Cho. Wanna use zombie magic shit? Hell, use Voodoo. Hell, screw it, just use Shuri right? Do we even need T'challa?

Or hell, let's take away Cap's shield too! Eh, Spider-Man with webs? Boring, let's have him shoot actual spiders. Thor with mjolnir shooting lightning? Boring, how about a Thor that rounds a cloud like Lakitu, Thoring mead at the bad guys. Do something different right?

I said that in the same thing you quoted

A multi character team up game isn't going to have the same depth in a single character.

I swear, some of y'all don't even like TCHALLA THE BLACK PANTHER. You just like the idea of him.
    Yeah doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Tchalla is cool for what we have seen him do. You want something different? Highlight his Ninja skills, his speed, make him use the force push hadoken/Kamehaha wave/Golden city smash. Take the stuff he has and make a spectacle out of it. That's how you do something different. Not make up random isht that isn't him

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yeah doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Tchalla is cool for what we have seen him do. You want something different? Highlight his Ninja skills, his speed, make him use the force push hadoken/Kamehaha wave/Golden city smash. Take the stuff he has and make a spectacle out of it. That's how you do something different. Not make up random isht that isn't him
    I still think you can add some things to him without necessarily changing who he is. He is the richest hero in the mu who comes from the most advanced nation so there are things you can do while keeping the character's core features and not changing who he is even if you do it in a subtle way.
    Last edited by Dboi654; 06-29-2019 at 03:24 AM.

I still think you can add some things to him without necessarily changing who he is. He is the richest hero in the mu who comes from the most advanced nation so there are things you can do while keeping the character's core features and not changing who he is even if you do it in a subtle way.
    What I mentioned above is literally doing just that..

A simple button masher game isn't the best place to do something like that though. An RPG or something like that sure... but in a game where you've got a small handful of moves, you really are going to focus on their recognizable signature abilities.

Again, magic and tech based characters can do a LOT... if Strange had everything at his disposal he could literally have 100 moves to pull off. But obviously that's going to need to be streamlined so he's got 2-4 movies like everyone else.

it'd be nice to summon a giant panther (Bast?) as a super-stunt. an idea for a future game.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    it'd be nice to summon a giant panther (Bast?) as a super-stunt. an idea for a future game.
    I'm not sure we'd see a movie like that in Ultimate Alliance. But that could be a super in MvC games. Charge up that meter, and a giant panther shows up. It's more likely to happen if we see it in the movies. I'm not sure Bast would show up, but a giant mechanical panther might be fun.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'm not sure we'd see a movie like that in Ultimate Alliance. But that could be a super in MvC games. Charge up that meter, and a giant panther shows up. It's more likely to happen if we see it in the movies. I'm not sure Bast would show up, but a giant mechanical panther might be fun.
    Like Black Panther's Hulkbuster that showed up during Amadeus Cho's run as the Hulk?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Like Black Panther's Hulkbuster that showed up during Amadeus Cho's run as the Hulk?
    After Thanos showed up at his doorstep, it probably wouldn't be a bad idea for Shuri to whip up some sort of Hulkbusting suit in the event an Hulk level threat shows up at his door. I don't think we'd see it in a BP movie, but maybe an Avengers movie down the line. And if of course could be Panther shaped rather than Hulk shaped... but a heavy suit of some sort would be the general idea.

I think every comic book smart guy with the means should have a Hulk busting suit somewhere in there closent in the event they need it.

After Thanos showed up at his doorstep, it probably wouldn't be a bad idea for Shuri to whip up some sort of Hulkbusting suit in the event an Hulk level threat shows up at his door. I don't think we'd see it in a BP movie, but maybe an Avengers movie down the line. And if of course could be Panther shaped rather than Hulk shaped... but a heavy suit of some sort would be the general idea.

I think every comic book smart guy with the means should have a Hulk busting suit somewhere in there closent in the event they need it.
    Could work. Come to think of it, didn't Peter Parker once tell Mary Jane during the JMS run, after they'd gotten back together, that there was a way he could kill the Hulk, if he really had to do so? Granted, in light of the Hulk being immortal, it wouldn't keep him dead, but it might put him down long enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Could work. Come to think of it, didn't Peter Parker once tell Mary Jane during the JMS run, after they'd gotten back together, that there was a way he could kill the Hulk, if he really had to do so? Granted, in light of the Hulk being immortal, it wouldn't keep him dead, but it might put him down long enough.
    As much heat as Batman back in the day got for coming up with ways to beat the Justice League, honestly I think most super heroes DO in fact come up with strategies to beat each other if they ever have to. Because they all know they fight each other sooner or later, whether it's due to mind control or misunderstandings or whatever.

And certainly that's true of T'Challa, as we saw in BP vs DP. He had strategies to fight all the Avengers, if need be. Hulk included (though it wasn't a Hulkbuster suit like we saw against Cho).

As much heat as Batman back in the day got for coming up with ways to beat the Justice League, honestly I think most super heroes DO in fact come up with strategies to beat each other if they ever have to. Because they all know they fight each other sooner or later, whether it's due to mind control or misunderstandings or whatever.

And certainly that's true of T'Challa, as we saw in BP vs DP. He had strategies to fight all the Avengers, if need be. Hulk included (though it wasn't a Hulkbuster suit like we saw against Cho).
    It's an occupational hazard of being a superhero, whenever you have the very real possibility of any of your supposed allies/teammates/comrades being mind-controlled, possessed, or body-jacked by a supervillain or supernatural force of evil. Also, having read Black Panther vs. Deadpool, I am still amused to this day that Deadpool was the missing piece to complete the immortality-granting star cells Black Panther was researching.