Page 390 of 744 FirstFirst ... 290340380386387388389390391392393394400440490 ... LastLast
Results 5,836 to 5,850 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    I love how the Russos get praise for everything, but no one ever considers that:

- Feige WANTED Boseman from the very beginning.
    - Chadwick has been giving a great performance SINCE DAY ONE.
    - Markus and McFeely actually write T'Challa's lines.

I also love this idea of the Russos loving T'Challa more than Coogler when they put him in two of the MCU's biggest battles and he never got an important kill or fight. It was Okoye that had the battle with Proxima and later killed Corvus Glaive (you know, the guy that almost killed his sister).

Whatever love the Russos had for T'Challa ended after Civil War. Everything else that has made T'Challa a loved character came from Coogler after that.
    They did give him somewhat of a good sequence in endgame (even though it involved the farce push) so they will get a semi-pass for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    only speech Denzel gave a standing ovation for too
    Not only that, he was holding back tears, you can see him visibly hold back a sniffle when he gives the let he who has watered line.. that was an absolutely wonderful tribute to Denzel and it shows how much respect Chadwick has for him and how he changed his life

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    1.3 billion doesn't mean one cannot have suggestions for how the sequel should be at least from a technical and story perspective.
    Pretty sure they already know what works and what needs improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Pretty sure they already know what works and what needs improvement.
    Talking about the audience members/viewers as well and not just the people that worked on the film.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Talking about the audience members/viewers as well and not just the people that worked on the film.
    I'm glad Coogler isn't talking to audience members/viewers.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

They did give him somewhat of a good sequence in endgame (even though it involved the farce push) so they will get a semi-pass for that.
    Nothing wrong with the force push.

And taking out fodder isn't the same as actually fighting an enemy with a name or Thanos lol.

I CANNOT wait for the next Avengers director to actually put T'Challa in the spotlight.

I'm glad Coogler isn't talking to audience members/viewers.
    Still has to listen to them and not just do his own thing. Take people's criticism in to account and come up with something that would shut down those criticisms and please most.

I.e. I thought Homecoming was okay but felt like the action was not the best and you could barely see what was going on imo plus I wasn't fully engaged with it. Far from Home corrected those things and had some really good action sequences, a very good follow up villain and a good cliffhanger to opens the door for what is to come fo this character.

Listen to the people who are going to watch your movie rather than ignoring them. Obviously not everything has to be taken in to account but you get the idea.
    Last edited by Dboi654; 07-04-2019 at 10:54 AM.

And taking out fodder isn't the same as actually fighting an enemy with a name or Thanos lol.

I CANNOT wait for the next Avengers director to actually put T'Challa in the spotlight.
    Except for the fact that it is been used all the time and it's getting repetitive for me. Some would like that but it's starting to wear off for me. You can still keep it only if you can bring in new things.

Plus it was obvious the bigger heads forced which of the dusted got the "mini action sequences"

It wasn't director caused.

If I remember correctly, the "gauntlet run" scene was T'challa (biggest solo) to Spider-Man (most popular hero ever) to Captain Marvel (biggest marvel female) followed by the all female fanwank scene (not hating, i dont' mind fanwanking).

I mean, come on, that was pure "shit we probably shouldn't have dusted the newest most popular characters" stuff lol. They don't get credit for that, at all. They probably didn't even direct that massive late scene, probably the "action crew."

Also remember... BP doing anything noticeable in CW was only because they thought they missed out of spider-man. He was the emergency back up only.

And I am not a Russo hater at all. TWS is #2 on my list, CW, IW, and EG were dope as hell. They are really good at what they do.

but this new "russos were better for tchalla" narrative is lame.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Still has to listen to them and not just do his own thing. Take people's criticism in to account and come up with something that would shut down those criticisms and please most.

I.e. I thought Homecoming was okay but felt like the action was not the best and you could barely see what was going on imo plus I wasn't fully engaged with it. Far from Home corrected those things and had some really good action sequences, a very good follow up villain and a good cliffhanger to opens the door for what is to come fo this character.

Listen to the people who are going to watch your movie rather than ignoring them. Obviously not everything has to be taken in to account but you get the idea.
    Eh... I don't think trying to cater to the audience whims is necessarily a good idea because in the end you can't make everyone happy. But if you earned over a billion dollars, then frankly you did a good enough job that you made more than enough people happy to the point where you probably don't have to worry about it.

You're going to get criticism no matter what... that's just the nature of the beast.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Eh... I don't think trying to cater to the audience whims is necessarily a good idea because in the end you can't make everyone happy. But if you earned over a billion dollars, then frankly you did a good enough job that you made more than enough people happy to the point where you probably don't have to worry about it.

You're going to get criticism no matter what... that's just the nature of the beast.
    Which is why I said obviously not everything has to be taken in to consideration. Just some of the things that audiences, reviewers and others have spoken about the most.

You can't please everyone at the end of the day but you can use the criticisms from the previous movie and use it as a template in making a good or even better sequel.
    Last edited by Dboi654; 07-04-2019 at 12:34 PM.

The movie did 1.3B and 700 mil domestic.. a feat that took engame to do no other marvel movie, or DC movie was able to do it. 4 movies in domestic history.. and BP was the 3rd.. this movie had 'pleased' most as the vocal ones making these suggestions are the minority.

Again,I'm pretty sure Coogler and co know where improvements need to be made and these calls made by the audience wouldn't shut down criticism, they would either complain about the same things or flip their tune and say the thing they originally b**chef about, they loved and wonder why they changed it.

Ultimate Member

You can't listen top everybody. Because not EVERYONE has your best interests.

Some folks (including a certain person who said this movie was going to put Disney out of business) want Panther to beat up any white person he saw and every black female to be background fodder.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

I mean its gotta listen to some of the audience. Otherwise, why isn't Black Panther mentioned like Winter Soldier, Endgame, Infinity War, Guardians in the comic book community.

Winter Soldier was/is a slam dunk top 3 MCU film (I've only seen people put Endgame or Infinity War over it recently).

Unlike Logan that distances itself clearly from comic books.....Black Panther embraces it. Thus it opens itself up for criticism when it doesn't nail those comic book elements.

I don't want the Russos working on BP. However, I do want a Black Panther film to get love like all the Russo Bros films from fans.

This forum is truly an outlier. Which is why I love it. Which is also why I hate to bring the outside perspective, but why I hope they leave no stone unturned in the sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    I mean its gotta listen to some of the audience. Otherwise, why isn't Black Panther mentioned like Winter Soldier, Endgame, Infinity War, Guardians in the comic book community.

Winter Soldier was/is a slam dunk top 3 MCU film (I've only seen people put Endgame or Infinity War over it recently).

Unlike Logan that distances itself clearly from comic books.....Black Panther embraces it. Thus it opens itself up for criticism when it doesn't nail those comic book elements.

I don't want the Russos working on BP. However, I do want a Black Panther film to get love like all the Russo Bros films from fans.

This forum is truly an outlier. Which is why I love it. Which is also why I hate to bring the outside perspective, but why I hope they leave no stone unturned in the sequel.
    Who says BP films don't get all the love Rsso Bros films get from fans? It's a billion plus dolloar Oscar nominated film. It's hard to get more love than that. Yeah, there are some people who aren't going to like it, but you can say that about pretty much anything. Look hard enough and I'm sure you'll find people on Reddit complaining about oxygen being in earths atmosphere. In the end it doesn't mean anything.