Page 393 of 744 FirstFirst ... 293343383389390391392393394395396397403443493 ... LastLast
Results 5,881 to 5,895 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Why in the world can't we in this ancient thread separate the measuring of success between From a "comics quality "perspective vs a "random non-marvel fans loved it because it was truly a beautiful and talented product" perspective.
    From the latter perspective I fully support any successful "thing" labeled Wakanda/Black Panther2 that Marvel let's Coogler do.
    Because fans here are complaining that this isn't the best comic book movie and say they want T'Challa to be as big as Batman, Spiderman, wolverine etc. Yet ignore the fact that every movie he has been in has grossed 1B, including his own.. No other hero can say they have been in that many 1B dollar movies including their debut. No other hero can boast a 700M domestic gross, hell only 3 other movies in North America history can even claim that and it took the final movie in a 10 year storyline to do what BP did in his first solo.. let that sink in.. that's why some of us here aren't worried about what the comic community thinks because there isn't any guarantee what comic nerds wanted would of been as successful. I would more so lean towards not.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Because fans here are complaining that this isn't the best comic book movie and say they want T'Challa to be as big as Batman, Spiderman, wolverine etc. Yet ignore the fact that every movie he has been in has grossed 1B, including his own.. No other hero can say they have been in that many 1B dollar movies including their debut. No other hero can boast a 700M domestic gross, hell only 3 other movies in North America history can even claim that and it took the final movie in a 10 year storyline to do what BP did in his first solo.. let that sink in.. that's why some of us here aren't worried about what the comic community thinks because there isn't any guarantee what comic nerds wanted would of been as successful. I would more so lean towards not.
    In fact if Marvel went by what some fans wanted there's a possibility T'Challa wouldn't have gotten a movie at all lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    I would also like to see a Black Panther & Iron Man as well
    To add, i would like to see him team with Cap again, Strange, Hudlins Cage, Moon Knight, and a REAL world's finest moment with BM. Have that tension between them that Ewing teased. I also wouldn't mind the Ultimates teaming up again.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    In fact if Marvel went by what some fans wanted there's a possibility T'Challa wouldn't have gotten a movie at all lol.
    Or it would of been nothing but tie ins to try and add Storm, FF Namor, Doom (like what people are saying they want for the sequel) or that WS, Cap and crew would show up and help, how the DM should start the seeds for Coates horrible run.. the list goes on. I'm glad Coogler did what he did. Could he make some minor tidbit changes that I would like? Sure, but I'm not about to act like me, Ezyo1000 on a random comic board, has more knowledge of what would work in a career I do not partake in, yet because I am part of the customer base I should be listened to.

Coogler will come correct, that much I know for sure

Astonishing Member

I'm up for a couple BP team-ups:

Moon Knight to deal with some Egyptian gods, the old Cage to deal with some heavy street level stuff, Blue Marvel for some cosmic mayhem, and Wolverine to deal with the Hand. T'Challa's pretty versatile so even though I prefer him to be a bit guarded when it comes to the Western superhero community, it'd be great to see him keep developing a handful of close friendships with great stories attached to them.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I think it only happens if a bigger writer is writing BP. Especially a writer that actually awknowledges what is going on in the greater MU. Coates really doesn't do that, he stays in his own world.

So, if like.... Aaron, Spencer, Cates, Hickman, or whatever takes a BP book, we could probably expect it to end in an event somewhere down the line.

But Coates has a 5 year, isolated plan, so nothing is really going to change in that regard.
    I think the formula to having a big cross over event is to essentially be the Avengers writer. Most company wide events tend to stem from them, ie Bendis, Hickman, Aaron. That's not always the case, but that's your safest bet.

So it would likely take the Avengers writer wanting to do an event and wanting to focus on BP which would give you the best odds of a big BP centric event happening. Given Aaron writers the Avengers and seems to like BP well enough, it's a possibility.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yes I think so

We should get a couple Team ups:

T'Challa and Thor

Tchalla and miles (time for lil homie to tell him Thanks and get the VB upgrade)

Tchalla and Namor

Hudlin's throw back to Black steel

Also YES to letting Hudlin come in and write his WWW ( basically retell his version of Doom war)
    I love that idea especially, and I would also throw in a team-up between their respective patron deities, Bast (Black Panthers) and Anansi (Spiders).
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Hey, did anyone in the group collect the Killmonger mini-series? If so, was it as good as Rise of the Black Panther? I am looking for something to satisfy my BP itch lol since Coates has not left the book yet. WouldKillmonger be a good read?

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    Hey, did anyone in the group collect the Killmonger mini-series? If so, was it as good as Rise of the Black Panther? I am looking for something to satisfy my BP itch lol since Coates has not left the book yet. WouldKillmonger be a good read?
    I thought it was better. The overall feeling was that it wasn't the story people were looking for, but I enjoyed it. Of the new stuff that is a complete series, I put it second behind BP vs DP.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I love that idea especially, and I would also throw in a team-up between their respective patron deities, Bast (Black Panthers) and Anansi (Spiders).
    Have they tied Miles to Anansi? He is a character within Marvel with a oneshot by Cebulski.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I thought it was better. The overall feeling was that it wasn't the story people were looking for, but I enjoyed it. Of the new stuff that is a complete series, I put it second behind BP vs DP.
    Alright, I will try it out. I didn't read it at first because I felt that the story was just knee-jerk reaction to the movie. Plus I saw that kingpin & bullseye are in it and how can they be tied to Killmonger?

I hope agents of wakanda is good so i have aa ongoing BP series to read.

If Namor is the villain in BP 2, I would love to see something like this....

Attachment 84230

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Have they tied Miles to Anansi? He is a character within Marvel with a oneshot by Cebulski.
    If not, they should, although technically Anansi is tied to Miles in the sense that Miles is a Spider-Man and when JMS was establishing the (possible) supernatural roots of how Peter Parker became Spider-Man, the story of Anansi was cited in it. My personal theory is that the cosmic force responsible for empowering all spider-based heroes (and villains) either is Anansi, or Anansi is but one aspect of how that force represents itself when it intervenes in the mortal plane. It wouldn't be the first time Spider-Man's mythos ended up crossing with Black Panther's, given that Morlun, whose thing is hunting those connected to animal totems to feed on their life force, did go after Black Panther (T'Challa or Shuri) once.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    If not, they should, although technically Anansi is tied to Miles in the sense that Miles is a Spider-Man and when JMS was establishing the (possible) supernatural roots of how Peter Parker became Spider-Man, the story of Anansi was cited in it. My personal theory is that the cosmic force responsible for empowering all spider-based heroes (and villains) either is Anansi, or Anansi is but one aspect of how that force represents itself when it intervenes in the mortal plane. It wouldn't be the first time Spider-Man's mythos ended up crossing with Black Panther's, given that Morlun, whose thing is hunting those connected to animal totems to feed on their life force, did go after Black Panther (T'Challa or Shuri) once.
    There's also the fact that Spider-Man is able to eat the heart shaped herb without being poisoned by it. T'Challa seemed to think that the herb could help him during the Other storyline. Could be a simple mistake, but if writers wanted to flesh that out into some sort of connection between Bast and the Spider totems, it's there.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I think it only happens if a bigger writer is writing BP. Especially a writer that actually awknowledges what is going on in the greater MU. Coates really doesn't do that, he stays in his own world.

So, if like.... Aaron, Spencer, Cates, Hickman, or whatever takes a BP book, we could probably expect it to end in an event somewhere down the line.

But Coates has a 5 year, isolated plan, so nothing is really going to change in that regard.
    I don't necessarily know if the writer has to be bigger when taking over the book, but I agree completely it has to be a writer willing to cross over more with the rest of the Marvel Universe. I don't think they have to be completely consistent about it, though, since Aaron's actually not all that great, he just does a lot more than Coates typically does.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?