Page 4 of 744 FirstFirst 123456781454104504 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I’ll have to check it out. I hope it’s as good as Avengers: EMH was.
    It is definitely the best-written of all the currently-running Marvel cartoons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    However, the devil is in the details and subtleties. Pantherjack would never be indecisive and need Cap's permission to go back to Wakanda if his country was attacked by an invading alien empire. Dr. Doom ain't besting Pantherjack in a hand 2 hand exchange either. Nor is Vision getting as far as he did into the vibranium mines without Pantherjack (or just his Wakandan defenses) coming up with the right contingencies.
    I think the clear difference is that one instance has Black Panther in a team context (EMH, Avengers Assemble), while the other has him in a solo context with the team tacked on (Panther's Quest), so the dynamic and handling of T'Challa is going to be demonstrably different because the latter is obviously going to better serve and cater to that one individual character since it's their solo cartoon.

I did like EMH Panther's costume with the purple accents and the way they handled the daggers was really cool and unique visually.
    The only thing I've heard ppl criticize BP Quest for is not the story, characters, or action but the art direction; which is a common complaint ppl have had with Marvel's animated shows for 10 years now. Even when citing EMH, which has become teflon over time it seems, people forget that the show came out in 2010 around the time of Young Justice season 1; the shows were being compared, with a main talking point being the superior animation in YJ.
    I definitely think the weakest part of Black Panther's Quest is the animation. In general it just looks more generic and cheap then it should be, only looking marginally more better then Marvel's Spider-Man, which isn't saying much (just hop on over to that show's thread to see all the complaints about the animation).

And a lot of the character redesigns just haven't won me over to be honest, outside T'Challa and Shuri. Actually, I think the Black Panther characters are the ones who generally look the best, design-wise, compared to the Avengers characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I think the clear difference is that one instance has Black Panther in a team context (EMH, Avengers Assemble), while the other has him in a solo context with the team tacked on (Panther's Quest), so the dynamic and handling of T'Challa is going to be demonstrably different because the latter is obviously going to better serve and cater to that one individual character since it's their solo cartoon.
    The clear difference is one show was ran by someone (Mr. Thorne) who viewed T'Challa as more capable than previous show runners. Same reason why Captain America (or Batman) will have a similar degree of strong character protection across multiple shows, whether solo or team-oriented; those show runners had their bias of hierarchy, whether personal or from the powers that be. This also occurs in the team books as well, of course.

And of course now that BP has his elite-level popularity, it's now in the best interest of many to cater to the character in general. Hence Aaron's current Avengers run and likely any future Avengers cartoons and movies in the next MCU phase.

Not that breaking down the reasons why in anyway changes that Pantherjack >>> EMH Panther >>>>>>>> Ultimate Avengers 2 Panther
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I consolidated both our titles into one jabare if that's cool with you
    of course bro. It was my bad for missing your post anyway. You put it first so its up t you.

I just got back from Egypt and my body clock is still off so I blame it on that
    The J-man

Pantherjack is superior to EMH Panther.

Which isn't to say EMH Panther wasn't solid (he was) but after that crappy "Ultimate Avengers 2" animated film, the bar was set low for BP's next animated Avengers appearance . Basically he simply had to not suck next go around and it'd be a step up, and EMH Panther did not suck.

However, the devil is in the details and subtleties. Pantherjack would never be indecisive and need Cap's permission to go back to Wakanda if his country was attacked by an invading alien empire. Dr. Doom ain't besting Pantherjack in a hand 2 hand exchange either. Nor is Vision getting as far as he did into the vibranium mines without Pantherjack (or just his Wakandan defenses) coming up with the right contingencies.
    This is true.. your right, Pantherjack is on point with his decisions, as we saw in The Last Avenger even when making the tough choices that will destroy years long relationships, he does so without hesitation for the good of Wakanda.. I forgot about those.. other things EMH Panther was shackled with

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    of course bro. It was my bad for missing your post anyway. You put it first so its up t you.

I just got back from Egypt and my body clock is still off so I blame it on that
    No worries, I added your stuff into the title as well because I liked how you presented it

I did like EMH Panther's costume with the purple accents and the way they handled the daggers was really cool and unique visually.

I definitely think the weakest part of Black Panther's Quest is the animation. In general it just looks more generic and cheap then it should be, only looking marginally more better then Marvel's Spider-Man, which isn't saying much (just hop on over to that show's thread to see all the complaints about the animation).

And a lot of the character redesigns just haven't won me over to be honest, outside T'Challa and Shuri. Actually, I think the Black Panther characters are the ones who generally look the best, design-wise, compared to the Avengers characters.
    Overall I find marvels animation rather disappointing in comparrison to DC's stuff. I thought when Disney (arguably the greatest animation company in human history) bought marvel, that might improve but that doesn't seem to be the case. Not that the animation is terrible, but it usually pales in comparrison to the competition.

I kinda also think another Issue is that Disney bis catering hard to kids bin their shows and not young adults. Like then Justice league cartoons or the Og Teen Titans or young justice. If Disney went there I could see them upping the animation to look less like it was designed for
    a young child

I think a few people are missing this thread because BP or T’Challa aren’t at the front of the title. MOS just made another thread too haha. Will get it. Year just started and people already slippin
    The J-man

Can’t wait for the new season of BP quest. But am I the only one thinking that Black Widow could be Zanda in disguise? There has to be a reason why she was so quick to blame T’Challa about what happened to Cap.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    This is true.. your right, Pantherjack is on point with his decisions, as we saw in The Last Avenger even when making the tough choices that will destroy years long relationships, he does so without hesitation for the good of Wakanda.. I forgot about those.. other things EMH Panther was shackled with
    Yup, it's why i say the devil is in the details and subtleties. Because I knew some ppl would think "oh well you just say that because BP kicked Thor's ass" and then cry about how it's BPs show and wakandan lasers

However, BP not needing Cap's "ok" to go back to Wakanda (and not being indecisive about it) shouldn't be dependent on BP having a solo cartoon. lmao. Cap gets character protection on every platform because he has white american guys who go-to-bat for him on all platforms, just like the Russos do in the movies.

Solo or team show, BP now has someone going to bat for him in Mr. Thorne, whose ouchea lookin like prime Ken Griffey Jr in the 90s
    Last edited by Rumble; 01-02-2019 at 10:46 AM.
    Black Panther vs Thor

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Happy New Year Guys!

That is one slick cover....

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Can’t wait for the new season of BP quest. But am I the only one thinking that Black Widow could be Zanda in disguise? There has to be a reason why she was so quick to blame T’Challa about what happened to Cap.
    I do think Black Widow is Zanda with the okie doke. A lot of this drama with her could've been avoided if T'Challa had been more open minded to being her love slave.

So he kinda brought this upon himself, fair or not
    Black Panther vs Thor

BANNED

Panther had a pretty good showing in Marvel Knights..

So...IF we got a new Panther series...what would people want to see? I'd kill to see BP's from history and a real focus on the Panthers of the 21st century because WWI and WWII could be woven in. Combine that with some Golden/Silver age characters (the already mentioned Namor/Cap for examples) and how the world would be rather dumbfounded about these Black dudes just wrecking shop would be comics gold.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I hope not! Don't ruin Zanda's breakout moment!