Page 40 of 744 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090140540 ... LastLast

But what if Ronda was into the brothers pre-marriage...

Not that I "saw" anything BUT...

Ronda is getting better as an actor and she is a huge draw in WWE like Dave Bautista "Drax" in WWF!

Black Swan does not necessarily have to be a great actor but Ronda does smile more than Captain Marvel Brie Larson and interviews much better!

Plus she cares about the source material... Does Coates cosplay at all?

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/12/ron...-see-star-wars

The more people that are into the source material the better instead of people just passing through onto the next gig!

Black Swan: "For Majestic or bust!"
    Get Hectic!

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    Does Coates cosplay at all?
    Well… he's been dressing up as a comic-book writer for almost three years.

What size does Coates wear I will hook him up myself...

https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-33...B&gclsrc=aw.ds
    Get Hectic!

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    T'Challa didn't end up killing Zemo, and was willing to allow Killmonger to live ... so MCU T'Challa isn't above showing mercy.

But the nice thing about Doom is you actually can "kill" him because you can just say it's a Doombot. I imagine that's the biggest change they would have to make if the did some sort of Doom War adaption. They can't just have them walk away from Doom after shutting down the vibranium. That would be too anti-climatic an ending.
    Zemo wanted to die, T'Challa killing him would of given him what he wanted. Erik was misguided in his cage and T'Challas cousin who was wronged by his father. Doom being a "Doom bot" would again take away T'Challas victory while giving doom a slap on the wrist. Again that's the problem, either Doom dies or you've assassinated the mythos. Doom isn't worth that, not even close

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Zemo wanted to die, T'Challa killing him would of given him what he wanted. Erik was misguided in his cage and T'Challas cousin who was wronged by his father. Doom being a "Doom bot" would again take away T'Challas victory while giving doom a slap on the wrist. Again that's the problem, either Doom dies or you've assassinated the mythos. Doom isn't worth that, not even close
    Dooms not really going to die. We all know that. Heck, I'm doubtful Killmonger and Klaw will stay dead. If you're a good usable villain, you'll stick around one way or the other.

If Doom ran through all the Avengers like Thanos downtown Wakanda I am cool with that but only in an Avengers team up movie where everybody and they momma get's it brought to them room service style!

A solo movie dragging T'challa through the mud again is from an era gone by best left in the past...
    Get Hectic!

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    If Doom ran through all the Avengers like Thanos downtown Wakanda I am cool with that but only in an Avengers team up movie where everybody and they momma get's it brought to them room service style!

A solo movie dragging T'challa through the mud again is from an era gone by best left in the past...
    In the BP movie Tchalla did lose to Killmonger. He was dethroned and nearly killed. So its possible for a hero to get dragged through the mud provided they win in the end.

It's funny that people bring up Doom abd then say adapt Doomwar as of it were some great amazing story m it was complete ass and Coogler would have T'Challa out Erik's Dagger in dooms gut for good measure. And no, he would not be merciful, this whole "well he spared Zemo and Erik" argument doesn't work because there were reasons for that. He was gonna straight up murder Klaw in public with people ready to KimoyoTube that iisht, remember the threat to the black order?

Now think long and hard, why on Earth would T'Challa spare Doom I'd we got an adaption of Doom war, or better yet, why would people think Coogler or Feige would be dumb enough to let him survive or "Doom bot" him? Like rumble and MoS said, we are saving you guy's from the harsh reality of what would actually happen to Doom

What I don't understand is why people think an MCU movie is going to "adapt" any comics story.

At the very most, the movies are inspired by the comics, but the movies are neither reliant on, nor beholden to, their similarly-named antecedents.
    Last edited by DigiCom; 01-17-2019 at 05:38 PM.

It's funny that people bring up Doom abd then say adapt Doomwar as of it were some great amazing story m it was complete ass and Coogler would have T'Challa out Erik's Dagger in dooms gut for good measure. And no, he would not be merciful, this whole "well he spared Zemo and Erik" argument doesn't work because there were reasons for that. He was gonna straight up murder Klaw in public with people ready to KimoyoTube that iisht, remember the threat to the black order?

Now think long and hard, why on Earth would T'Challa spare Doom I'd we got an adaption of Doom war, or better yet, why would people think Coogler or Feige would be dumb enough to let him survive or "Doom bot" him? Like rumble and MoS said, we are saving you guy's from the harsh reality of what would actually happen to Doom
    Yes, he was going to straight up murder Klaw ... and then he decided not to. Just like he decided not to murder Zemo.

There were reasons for all of that, and if hypothetically speaking a similar situation were to occur where he opted not to kill Doom there probably would be reasons for that too.

Point being Tchallas not Punisher. Hes certaibly willing to kill bad guys, but hes also chosen not to. A writer can go either way.

Thrown off of a waterfall is not the same as getting dragged through the mud because the water would rinse it off by default...

Get Hectic!

Doom would die. T'Challa would Murk him, Doom fanboys would cry, claim it was a Doom bot, hope for this triumphant twist... Then Cry some more when Doom bae is actually dead then BP fans would be like

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Dooms not really going to die. We all know that. Heck, I'm doubtful Killmonger and Klaw will stay dead. If you're a good usable villain, you'll stick around one way or the other.
    Frankly, I'm confident they will stay dead.

Movies are epics in hour form. They had their climaxes, they had their time in the sun and moved their franchises forward. They may get some form of legacy, but that's it.

I dunno why everyone wants Doom next. Nothing about Latveria has been established, Doom's time on the big screen has been underwhelming 3 times now. Just making him credible would take time away from T'Challa

Even if we get a good Doom, that should be a climax to his three movies. Panther 3, not Panther 2.

Astonishing Member

The underlined is what I think a lot of people are failing to understand. IF we get Doom in a BP movie, there has to be an expectation that he will conform to the needs of T'Challa's narrative which may not exactly work in his favor. (Especially if we don't want to see the travesty that was comics Doomwar replicated on the big screen lol.) As a villain that's to be expected since obviously they have to be rooted against and ultimately get defeated, but I doubt people will get the lionized, sympathetic Doom that many comic fans seem to love.

IF Doom gets to be a BP villain there's a possibility he'd be irredeemably colonialist-minded, envy Wakanda, and self-deluded into thinking the struggling people of Latveria love him. Basically Klaw, who definitely had a racial chip on his shoulders, but with the power to actually contest Wakanda. That's not to suggest he'd be a bad villain, since I think it'd be interesting to see Wakanda fight a outside threat that basically confirms their fears that the outside world is still out to steal their resources. Would be great set up for BP3 as well.

I wouldn't be hurt by that type of portrayal since it'd essentially be a heavy spin on the Supremacists with a dose of megalomania and magic, but the fandom would explode at the fact Doom would be identified that way in the public eye. It's probably best for Doom's characterization that he be an Avengers or FF villain where the parts of his character that would be most relevant to a BP film aren't magnified.

Better yet, if people want a Doomwar movie for the "spectacle" then why not make it a straight Avengers film? They could adapt it heavily so the likes of Doctor Strange and Captain Marvel can get involved while allowing T'Challa to lead the Avengers and ultimately kill Doom after he's built up. Same concept with an Atlantis-Wakanda War. That's a good hook for a FF movie and with all the crap that IP has produced this decade it'd be great for all characters involved . Namor's causing trouble for humanity, a T'Challa-led Wakanda is the 1st line of defense and the FF are in the middle or something trying to prevent a world war. T'Challa and Namor's forces can skirmish or whatever but the focus and W end up going to the FF, since it's their movie.
    Last edited by chief12d; 01-17-2019 at 07:31 PM.