Page 407 of 744 FirstFirst ... 307357397403404405406407408409410411417457507 ... LastLast
Results 6,091 to 6,105 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I didn't have a problem with the fight with Skull. He had Cap's body and gives Steve a good fight in H2H. Red Zone was one of the better characterizations of BP imo.

And if anyone thinks that BP only won because of Skull being distracted by birds, well everyone can think what they want.
    It is a team book. They were giving Falcon something to do.

Plus, while being punched, T'challa is talking the whole time about underestimating someone... then panel cuts immediately to Falcon, another black guy.

You could easily read into it that T'challa knew what Sam was doing. Or not.

Either way, all anyone remembers is the next page... the one where T'challa removes Skulls jaw from his face lol

Like you and I said... can anyone name a better combat moment where T'challa wins than that?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

T'Challa nearly taking off Skull's jaw barely makes up for the beating he took and how easily he was being handled in the beginning of their fight. He should've beaten him without the need of Sam interfering because it makes it look like he only won because Sam stepped in.

T'Challa taking out the super skrull easily outclasses that, he didn't need anyone to interfere in that fight. T'Challa vs Killmonger in the Iron Man annual where unlike McGregor's run he doesn't get manhandled and curbed by Erik. Although not a straight up fight or a win but when he fought Kraven during Liss' run, T'Challa without his abilities or resources holds off Kraven and maintains a good distance between the two while being impaired by a neural toxin and it was only after civilians were in danger he gets distracted and hit with more toxin.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    T'Challa nearly taking off Skull's jaw barely makes up for the beating he took and how easily he was being handled in the beginning of their fight. He should've beaten him without the need of Sam interfering because it makes it look like he only won because Sam stepped in.

T'Challa taking out the super skrull easily outclasses that, he didn't need anyone to interfere in that fight. T'Challa vs Killmonger in the Iron Man annual where unlike McGregor's run he doesn't get manhandled and curbed by Erik. Although not a straight up fight or a win but when he fought Kraven during Liss' run, T'Challa without his abilities or resources holds off Kraven and maintains a good distance between the two while being impaired by a neural toxin and it was only after civilians were in danger he gets distracted and hit with more toxin.
    Because it's a team book, I can in principal buy the idea of having Falcon assist his teamate.

I just wish they somehow buffed Skull or nerfed T'Challa to accomplish that. Red Skull was already the underdog in that he wasn't as skilled a fighter as T'Challa and wasn't wearing a protective suit like T'Challa was. Having Sam's birds provide assistance on top of that does sort of make for a somewhat below expectations performance.

But I get what he was doing. Villains HAVE to be written as threats. Johns went for drama, and he suceeded ... I just wish they did more to justify it. The exectuion was somewhat lacking. Though again, this one nit pick aside it was a cool story.

The fight vs the Skrulls was great and we all loved it.

But honestly the Skrulls were Red Shirts in SWaD. It was great no doubt about it but nobody can name one of the Skrulls that was in the story without going back to read it.

Breaking the Red Skulls jaw was memorable not only because of the moment but also because of who it was. The Red S. got his punches in and drew blood but in the end winded up out cold with a broken jaw courtesy of BP.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    It is a team book. They were giving Falcon something to do.

Plus, while being punched, T'challa is talking the whole time about underestimating someone... then panel cuts immediately to Falcon, another black guy.

You could easily read into it that T'challa knew what Sam was doing. Or not.

Either way, all anyone remembers is the next page... the one where T'challa removes Skulls jaw from his face lol

Like you and I said... can anyone name a better combat moment where T'challa wins than that?
    What about when he disassembled the Superskrull in See Wakanda and Die!! That's gotta be #1, or at least 1b!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    The fight vs the Skrulls was great and we all loved it.

But honestly the Skrulls were Red Shirts in SWaD. It was great no doubt about it but nobody can name one of the Skrulls that was in the story without going back to read it.

Breaking the Red Skulls jaw was memorable not only because of the moment but also because of who it was. The Red S. got his punches in and drew blood but in the end winded up out cold with a broken jaw courtesy of BP.
    I take the Skrull fight over the fight with Red Skull any day of the week. T'Challa was almost a joke in his fight against Skull and needed Falcon of all characters to win is a huge no.

Is the rest of that Avengers run worth reading or was Red Zone the only Tchalla thing worth looking at?

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

More proof the Russos know how to use Boseman as a lead....j/k....

looks great though.

I take the Skrull fight over the fight with Red Skull any day of the week. T'Challa was almost a joke in his fight against Skull and needed Falcon of all characters to win is a huge no.
    You do know that both Steve and Bucky as Captain America needed Falcon to win fights at times.

But to each his own I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Is the rest of that Avengers run worth reading or was Red Zone the only Tchalla thing worth looking at?
    If you just want BP, leave it at Red Zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    That's probably only the really T'Challa centric arc. Though Johns does write a very Priest-like T'Challa. The one that doesn't really completely trust anyone else (except maybe Steve), and the one that no one else completely trusts (except maybe Steve). That's kinda fun.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    What about when he disassembled the Superskrull in See Wakanda and Die!! That's gotta be #1, or at least 1b!!
    Me and Marvel both mentioned the Super Skrulls. It is my personal favorite (both story and combat moment)

I was asking people to name any other moment that comes close. The list is... thin.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I mean the kraven thing is fine, but do you actually remember a moment or panel from it?

I'd say the Priest Kraven fight is more iconic than the Liss one.

As much as I love that moment from Red Zone, I still haven't forgiven Johns for that poor showing against Red Skull.
    Your grievance is understandable, since if I recall correctly, Captain America was doing well against Red Skull before the latter revealed that Falcon was under his possession, thus subsequently letting his guard down and allowing himself to be poisoned.
    Last edited by XJlock; 07-19-2019 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Muad'Dib View Post
    Revenge of the nerds.. ha ha nice Apex, I like these little snippets keep them up! Hell do a team up with flex when he is posting his bits and we got pure Vibranium goodness!