Page 414 of 744 FirstFirst ... 314364404410411412413414415416417418424464514 ... LastLast
Results 6,196 to 6,210 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    They are pumping out 3 movies a year + tv shows with movie budgets

they aren't going to devote anymore time to the movie than any other movie as soon as they official start production
    They still have to make changes in terms of production/post production to avoid the mistakes that were made previously whether it's a longer shooting schedule or post production. No point in taking years to produce something only for the end product to end up like the previous one. It depends also on how big or small they are going with each movie which means some will require more post production time, some will require less time.

I mean, do some of y'all just love to feel miserable? Always talking like marvel is trying to keep BP down, always looking for the negative tweets, looking at these bs rumor sites (some of which use themselves as their own source) and take what they say as truth, among other created woes to drive yourselves down. Seriously, do you honestly think, that BP is not going to do as good if not better then BP 1? The people know what's at stakes, they set a high standard for themselves and they will deliver. Be patient

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Thinking about it, the further back the release could mean they're building up to something with all of the other movies.

Secret Invasion anyone?

Can you imagine SWaD on the big screen?
    As much as I would love it, I'd rather then wait till BP 3 for Secret invasion, we just had Wakandan CW, IW invasion then Wakanda fighting Thanos army. We need a in-between break before another war.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Morph View Post
    If the Russos were directing it would probably be Namor, maybe Mephisto.

Coogler is most likely doing Achebe or Zenzi and Tetu. He will keep it in house.
    Has any director not kept it in house? It wouldn't make sense to borrow from another franchise when he has plenty of villains to use from his own

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    They still have to make changes in terms of production/post production to avoid the mistakes that were made previously whether it's a longer shooting schedule or post production. No point in taking years to produce something only for the end product to end up like the previous one. It depends also on how big or small they are going with each movie which means some will require more post production time, some will require less time.
    Yea I'm ok with the Black Panther wait.

James Gunn's Suicide Squad which starts shooting in September of this year and is released fall 2021. That is truly taking the time to get things right.

Then lets how Black Panther truly does have time on its side.

Waiting until 2021 to actually shoot the film for a Feb. 2022 release date is still not ideal.

You're basically gambling/banking on Coogler just becoming much more efficient with his time on crafting, staging, and framing big action scene and pre-vis shots.

We all know about the 3rd act issues. Both in terms of CGI and in terms of action. There was a dip from the epic waterfall fight in comparison to the brawl at the end. It seemed as though there wasn't enough time to figure out the geography of the fight. How to truly make it a cool set piece. It was solid, but not what it should have been.

I would hope BP has a really long production to make sure all the fight scenes are on point. No need to rush, but instead plan some really cool action set pieces.

The wait is fine. We just need to know if they'll truly have the time and not just 3 months and some change.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Also the short production time for Coogler on Black Panther is why he never even shot footage in Korea.

Its kind of insane to not have the director personally get footage over there. As cool as the car chase was it did seem like something was missing.

Not to mention if they fail to shoot footage in Africa again.

The sequel is about extending the world and not keeping it closed off. Can't keep passing off Atlanta as Africa because you'd lose the verisimilitude.

Imagine if they found a more visually arresting area location to shoot big battle in Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Can't wait for the shitstorm when the villain is announced.
    I’m eager about drinking tears of Namor and Doom fanboys when it turns out they aren’t the villain of the sequel.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Incredible Member

We know BP2 is coming let's celebrate our fellow melanated\half vampire brethren return to the MCU..
    Last edited by Dariel81; 07-21-2019 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    We know BP2 is coming let's celebrate our fellow melanated brethren return to the MCU..
    We will.

We'll just have to go through roughly 20-30 pages of circular debate(arguing) before we finally unite against a common foe(Unfans) and at the release of the movie.

Soon to be followed by complaints of what wasn't in the movie.

It's a vicious and predictable cycle.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Man some of you don't know the meaning of "appreciation". That's why I rarely come on here now.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Man some of you don't know the meaning of "appreciation". That's why I rarely come on here now.
    lol I hear that. Sometimes I pop in this thread and its like

The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Also the short production time for Coogler on Black Panther is why he never even shot footage in Korea.

Its kind of insane to not have the director personally get footage over there. As cool as the car chase was it did seem like something was missing.

Not to mention if they fail to shoot footage in Africa again.

The sequel is about extending the world and not keeping it closed off. Can't keep passing off Atlanta as Africa because you'd lose the verisimilitude.

Imagine if they found a more visually arresting area location to shoot big battle in Black Panther.
    As much as I love Marvel, they have the habit of shooting almost everything on green screen which kind of removes any sense of authenticity. Hell even the Nick Fury scene where he meets spider-man in his room was all green screen.

And then You look at the new James Bond movie and see how they use real locations like Jamaica and other places to shoot their scenes despite rumoured problems with production.

But when you have to produce multiple movies a year, then you have to resort in to the cheaper way to reduce cost. 1.3 billion won't really change Marvel's mindset in terms of shooting in real places so its best to just appreciate the fact that they are at least developing a sequel and that's fine with me.
    Last edited by Dboi654; 07-21-2019 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I’m eager about drinking tears of Namor and Doom fanboys when it turns out they aren’t the villain of the sequel.
    The Villains are kind of the least of my worries. Whoever they think fits the story best should be added

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    The Villains are kind of the least of my worries. Whoever they think fits the story best should be added
    Yeah, I'm not sure it matters honestly. Since all T'Challa's main villains (Killmonger, M'Baku, Klaw) are already introduced, I'm nor sure there are any villains Coogler NEEDS to use at this point. Coogler can pull out whomever he things will fit, and I'm sure it'll work out just fine.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    We will.

We'll just have to go through roughly 20-30 pages of circular debate(arguing) before we finally unite against a common foe(Unfans) and at the release of the movie.

Soon to be followed by complaints of what wasn't in the movie.

It's a vicious and predictable cycle.
    In all fairness, the other fandoms ain't much better :P

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Morph View Post
    If the Russos were directing it would probably be Namor, maybe Mephisto.

Coogler is most likely doing Achebe or Zenzi and Tetu. He will keep it in house.
    Zenzi and Tetu had potential but Coates failed. I can't remember the last time Tetu was seen or mentioned, maybe in the beginning of season 2 and Zenzi lost all her complexity and just follows Faustus around. I can see Ryan using one of them in a sequel.