Page 429 of 744 FirstFirst ... 329379419425426427428429430431432433439479529 ... LastLast
Results 6,421 to 6,435 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by XJlock View Post
    Although he may potentially die on the battlefield in the future, I would not mind if Chadwick Boseman would be willing to portray him in his older years as an experienced long lasting monarch, who survived the threats that came before.

Makes for a good potential What If, if nothing else.

And poor Stark... he rarely ever seems to have a good day in BP centric stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    I知 pretty sure she値l do a good job as Storm however my only problem with this is that she is Nigerian, I rather a Kenyan actresses. But that痴 just my opinion, I値l still support if she is chosen though!

I'd like to see Wakanda being a major reason that society is still relatively normal after what should have been a cataclysmic event: The Blip.

For the most part other than PTSD it appears society as a whole didn't crumble and devolve. They sort of touched on that with Widow's Nu-SHIELD operation, but I'd like to see something that states Wakanda provided free or severely reduced infrastructure and help fund peacekeeping efforts.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Joe Robert Cole's film debut is in post production. Its based in Oakland. Hopefully he has time to connect with Coogler on the script as well.

Quote Originally Posted by stormstan View Post
    I知 pretty sure she値l do a good job as Storm however my only problem with this is that she is Nigerian, I rather a Kenyan actresses. But that痴 just my opinion, I値l still support if she is chosen though!
    Yea I don't see her as Storm. I do amire anyone shooting their shot for a role they want. However, if they do go with a female villain (Princess Zanda or even a Madam Slay) I think she'd be a great choice. She's really good on American Gods.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Russos nearly had T'Challa taking a goddamn knee for Stark in Endgame lmaooooo

https://twitter.com/usatodaylife/sta...87642736893953

Russos know how to end a film. It stays with the audience. Thats why they are loved so much.

I have questions about how they get to said endings, but they figured it out a long time ago. A great ending goes a long way with audience/fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post

This didn’t bother me at all.

Chloe Zhao is shooting Eternals on FILM, Eternals is having sets being built being one (of the few marvel movies to do so (the majority have been shot on digital and use green screen) this is a huge deal. She’s being allowed creative control and she loves shooting on actual sets
    https://twitter.com/eternals2020/sta...68138717265920

Well this is interesting...

If I'm Coogler I'm pushing for the same. Fruitvale Station was wonderfully shot on film.

The new panavision dxl2 or red camera could be used especially if you want to give it a more epic/grand feel with a cinematographic process of Ultra Panavision 70.

I might have vomited
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Taking a knee is part of this nutritious breakfast...

Wakanda.

Awkward.

Like really really awkward.

King T'challa: "How long has he been like that?"

General Okoye: "Ever since he arrived."

King T'challa: "Intel says he played for the Niners not the Raiders which is in Oakland so I don't get the connection."

General Okoye: "Yes, but Oakland is just across the bridge from San Francisco so he kind of knew Erik Stevens personally."

King T'challa: "Gosh Darn Dang Doo Hickey Outreach Program!"

Looks menacingly at Nakia.

Nakia: "Hey, I just work here I didn't expect all of this."

King T'challa looks back down at the visitor who has been kneeling on one knee for many days beneath the Wakandan flag.

King T'challa: "DUDE... Aren't you taking this a bit too far I mean America is west of here!"

Colin Kaepernick: "After what happened to my boy Killmonger I aint standing for your flag!"

King T'challa: "Black Militants... DAYUM!!!"
    Get Hectic!

T'challa didn't even really know Stark. I don't think they talked a single sentence despite being on the same "team" for CW.

T'hcalla would be more likely to take a knee for the 100's of Wakandans that died fighting Thanos than Stark. To T'challa.. Stark just acted like a soldier lol

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Maybe I'm being to apprehensive, but I don't see how you can do everything you're talking about here in one movie while T'Challa is still the focus. It's very very ambitious, and while there's nothing wrong with that, it's putting too much movie in a movie (something the Aquaman film had a problem with). You suddenly have to throw in lots and lots of exposition to get people up to speed, and you lose character development because of that. This sort of thing you're describing works in comics or a TV series where you have more than enough time to tell all those plot threads, not in a 2-3 hour film.

What Coogler has shown me at least in the first film is that he sees T'Challa and Wakanda as a beacon of hope that can be used to help and make the world a better place. I don't see you can fully realise that idea if you're putting Wakanda at war with yet another secret advanced nation. All you're doing is emphasising why Wakanda is a global instrument of war, not of peace.

What I want (and what I think Coogler should do) is go in the direction of showing Wakanda actually start to make changes in a world (being the MCU world) that we know now has issues of systematic oppression, especially for the black diaspora. Think about how bold that is for a second. Part of what made the first film connect with so many of us was the wish fulfillment. Killmonger's dream is something many recognise as violent, but the idea behind irt (fighting back against centuries of ongoing oppression) is something many people WISH they could do. That's why the character became a huge deal, because as fictional as he was, several of his lines played on people's real emotions. I still think that little speech N'Jobu gave to T'Chaka in his apartment is the boldest scene in the entire MCU, because it was, as they say, "real ****."

The sequel needs to come with that same energy, or I guarantee you it will not have the same reverence as the first film. You talk about politics, and I say this is the kind of politics the sequel should zero in on. I admit being the pointman of all superhero politics sounds appealing, but you have to put him on that level first, which is what the sequel needs to do first by establishing and discussing Wakanda as the new world superpower running things people don't expect, in ways that speak truth to the audience, in ways they WISH things could be in the real world. Like Killmonger said, "Wakanda has the tools to liberate them all" but this time it's science, information, education, poverty reduction, aid, refugee programs, and social outreach. How do world governments feel about that? How does that change the dynamics of who's on top and who's at the bottom? How does that shake up the status quo? That's the sort of thing the sequel should address because no film has ever gone there before.

Also, Coogler needs to keep pulling on that, "it is hard for a good man to be a great king" thread that he started as well. If T'challa simply opens up Wakanda and everythign is great for everyone... not such a hard decision afterall. Need to see some of the pros and consequences for what he has done.

or just go full superhero lolol. I'm easy to please.

Quote Originally Posted by XJlock View Post
    Although he may potentially die on the battlefield in the future, I would not mind if Chadwick Boseman would be willing to portray him in his older years as an experienced long lasting monarch, who survived the threats that came before.
    You can easily age T'chadwick into the same role T'challa had... king but not Black Panther.

Shuri is what... 16? years younger in the MCU?

You are only in your physical prime for so long, even with that Lebron James HSH regimen. T'challa would eventually phase out of being Black Panther just like his dad did and start enjoying pizza and gummy bears and get that T'chaka gut lol.

I would much rather go that route than death for T'challa. Let him still be king, pulling strings, doing king ****... and let Shuri or an heir take up the Mantle.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    T'challa didn't even really know Stark. I don't think they talked a single sentence despite being on the same "team" for CW.

T'hcalla would be more likely to take a knee for the 100's of Wakandans that died fighting Thanos than Stark. To T'challa.. Stark just acted like a soldier lol
    A soldier that save the galaxy and the world including Wakandans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    The new panavision dxl2 or red camera could be used especially if you want to give it a more epic/grand feel with a cinematographic process of Ultra Panavision 70.
    Red Camera worked great for GOTG2.

I'm cool with digital. However, I want those Blade Runner 2049 type visuals if they are going to use it. I thought Logan pulled off a cinematic look well despite being digital as well.

I do love comicbook movies shot in film. Wonder Woman was just solid, but that look is going to age well. Iron Man has held up extremly well imo.
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 07-26-2019 at 04:45 PM.