Page 43 of 744 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393143543 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    uh oh... we pulling receipts

oh no #metoo gets another one!
    Damn. What a scumbag.

Thread went from people saying "oh Doomwar would be so cool to adapt!"

to

"Bbbut, I'm sure Coogler wouldn't really unearth all those racist misogynist tweets from white supremacist Victor in his afrikan superhero movie about black and female empowerment in the face of white supremacy "

Hahahaha

I love seeing them squirm. We tried to warn them they didn't want this
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Making Doom the raging racist he's been depicted as in some comics isn't the same as not using him well btw. As I've stated before, Klaw clearly had this dichotomy where he respected Wakandan advancements but simultaneously saw them as "savages" because it defied his view of Africans. Didn't make him any less of a fun villain even if we didn't get to see much of him, seeing as it enhanced T'CHALLA's story and created the whole vibe of outsiders not understanding Wakanda and it's king. Doom being made in that same vein but with perhaps more overt expressions coupled with the power to actually threaten Wakanda doesn't take away from his portrayal or make him any less 3 dimensional than if it wasn't included. There's no disrespect in that, especially when it's an avenue ripe for deconstruction in what would ultimately be a Black Panther film.
    Bbbbbut making Doom a raging racist white supremacist european dictator is not using him well!

And if it makes for a great story about defeating raging racist white supremacist european dicators... i still wouldn't accept it!

And even if the depiction is backed by 60 years of comic history... i still wouldn't accept it!
    Black Panther vs Thor

They should make MCU Reed black.

Would make the Doom obsession that much better
    Oh my heavenly Bast....

Make Reed black, keep everyone the same, and watch the shenanigans ensue

Victor would be like: "Susan... you chose HIM!?? HIM!?? Over ME???"

The connotations, the double meanings... it would make for great complex, 3-dimensional, meta storytelling
    Black Panther vs Thor

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    Oh my heavenly Bast....

The connotations, the double meanings... it would make for great complex, 3-dimensional, meta storytelling
    Well....? Have you thought of the optics of a black Reed Richards? A brotha that is already the smartest man in the world aaaaaaaannd has the power to stretch any parts of his body to extreme lengths?????? The amount of national and global envy would be legendary, lol!!!!

Oh my heavenly Bast....

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Well....? Have you thought of the optics of a black Reed Richards? A brotha that is already the smartest man in the world aaaaaaaannd has the power to stretch any parts of his body to extreme lengths?????? The amount of national and global envy would be legendary, lol!!!!
    Someone call Feige, this has to happen.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Well, they've already had a black Johnny Storm. No reason I suppose they can't in theory turn Reed black too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Been reading this current conversation , going back and forth on using Doom and Namor....I'm still saying it's a bad idea. Doom for sure need to debut in a Fantastic Four movie, if the MCU gets far enough to go that route. And using Namor would just be lazy at this point. There would be no real drama for a new king to show up with no history established in the MCU to start some noise with T'Challa.

I said this in the Namor thread before the reboot and I still think it implies...T'Challa has his own villains and is a strong enough character to stand on his own. If T'Challa can not do that in a movie then he deserves to fail. Which won't happen. I hope Coogler is capable enough to use a villain in Marvel's tapestry that is from T'Challa's actual rogues. Then leech off other characters franchises.
    Comment make no sense."I hope Coogler is capable enough to use a villain in Marvel's tapestry that is from T'Challa's actual rogues. Then leech off other characters franchises." Black panther 1 is the highest grossing solo superhero film of all time with all Black panther franchise characters. Most people love every character in this film, that's rare for a solo superhero film. BP 1 had almost nothing to do with the MCU. This is why racist don't like it as much as other MCU films. If Bucky saved the day they would love it. If Cap came to tell Black panther how to lead his people they would love it. That and the main cast is all black.

Quote Originally Posted by goku200 View Post
    Comment make no sense."I hope Coogler is capable enough to use a villain in Marvel's tapestry that is from T'Challa's actual rogues. Then leech off other characters franchises." Black panther 1 is the highest grossing solo superhero film of all time with all Black panther franchise characters. Most people love every character in this film, that's rare for a solo superhero film. BP 1 had almost nothing to do with the MCU. This is why racist don't like it as much as other MCU films. If Bucky saved the day they would love it. If Cap came to tell Black panther how to lead his people they would love it. That and the main cast is all black.
    This has 0 to do with what I said or what I meant. I want BP to use his own stories and his own characters in HIS film.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

"Bbbut, I'm sure Coogler wouldn't really unearth all those racist misogynist tweets from white supremacist Victor in his afrikan superhero movie about black and female empowerment in the face of white supremacy "
    Doom is a Gypsy, and Gypsies are from India. They are south-asians. Doom being a white-supremacist would be ridiculous.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Doom is a Gypsy, and Gypsies are from India. They are south-asians. Doom being a white-supremacist would be ridiculous.
    You don't have to be white to be a white supremacist or ascribe to white supremacy.

Doom at the very least, says some pretty racist things.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

They should make MCU Reed black.

Would make the Doom obsession that much better
    Oh my heavenly Bast....

Y'all have no idea how hard I'm laughing right now. I want this so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    You don't have to be white to be a white supremacist or ascribe to white supremacy.

You pretty much do, unless you are self-hating, which isn't a term I'd ever ascribe to Doom.

Dude has to wear a hat to mow the lawn

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    You pretty much do, unless you are self-hating, which isn't a term I'd ever ascribe to Doom.
    Wait, are we pretending only pure white europeans say racist things about black people?

Doom can be the big bad for Avengers 5: Rise of the Supremacists

Astonishing Member

Outside of that I don't remember him ever being strongly identified as a Gypsy in his previous movies. Could be wrong though cuz it was a while ago. There's no reason to start now lol, especially when it's a way to insulate him from what would obviously be a goldmine for good narratives in a Black Panther movie.

Even if they do choose to identify him as some sort of non-European they could play with that narrative still. Where T'Challa is confident in where he comes from and seeks to better his country Doom's inferiority complex and desire for adoration leads him towards overcompensating with his megalomania. Hell whatever racism he has for Wakanda could be a product of that along with his jealousy that it's a better place to live than Latveria
    Last edited by chief12d; 01-18-2019 at 09:31 AM.