Page 432 of 744 FirstFirst ... 332382422428429430431432433434435436442482532 ... LastLast
Results 6,466 to 6,480 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I was gonna do multiple lists... something like...

New Reader guide (done it just needs updated for Rise)
    Essential- barebones solo stuff
    Comprehensive- essential + team up books + gillis
    Fanatics only- comprehensive + stuff like the rest of McGregor. Kirby, guest appearances, AvX, Shuri runs, Flag miniect.
    TBP guide- for people who read non-digital.
    Shouldn't New Avengers and FF be in the Comprehensive list instead of the Essential?

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Shouldn't New Avengers and FF be in the Comprehensive list instead of the Essential?
    I personally think New Avengers is essential. Otherwise you go from Liss run to Coates and there is a .... lot missed. It is such a huge gap I think you need NA. You would open Coates up and suddenly Shuri is gone, Namor is a bad guy, what is an incursion, tchalla has his powers back, wakanda is a mess, ect

Plus, unlike Red Zone or New F4 or Ultimates... T'challa (and Wakanda) actually goes through some rather large character arcs in New Avengers.

When you say FF, which do you mean? New F4 or the repowered arc or origin?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I personally think New Avengers is essential. Otherwise you go from Liss run to Coates and there is a .... lot missed. It is such a huge gap I think you need NA. You would open Coates up and suddenly Shuri is gone, Namor is a bad guy, what is an incursion, tchalla has his powers back, wakanda is a mess, ect

Plus, unlike Red Zone or New F4 or Ultimates... T'challa (and Wakanda) actually goes through some rather large character arcs in New Avengers.

When you say FF, which do you mean? New F4 or the repowered arc or origin?
    You said Essential was for barebones solos, so was wondering why FF and New Avengers made the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    You said Essential was for barebones solos, so was wondering why FF and New Avengers made the list.
    Guess better statement would be barebones character stuff

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post

Not going to lie... The parallels are pretty on point there... You may have to ask for some credit atleast!

thanks again! asked already! will ask again-- for H.E.F. (S.I., Ture, RedJack, Muad'Dib & a few others) collab project... RH as QB.
    or not! we keep moving. we keep moving...

The Cosby "HEY,HEY, HEY" Days! THE BROWN HORNET. The animated series Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids (from 1979) featured the First Black Inter-Galactic Hero.

R.I.P. DON. love, peace & ...

SOUL POWER
    Last edited by Paul Muad'Dib; 07-30-2019 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Muad'Dib View Post
    thanks again! asked already! will ask again-- for H.E.F. (S.I., Ture, RedJack, Muad'Dib & a few others) collab project... RH as QB.
    or not! we keep moving. we keep moving...

The Cosby "HEY,HEY, HEY" Days! THE BROWN HORNET. The animated series Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids (from 1979) featured the First Black Inter-Galactic Hero.

R.I.P. DON. love, peace & ...

SOUL POWER
    Yes! Keep it up! This is what the BP forum needs more of! Flex where you at?!

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Someone said that T'Challa had better fight choreo in CW than his own movie and uhhh....yeah, I gotta agree on that one ��
    https://twitter.com/stevie_mat/statu...99432107646981
    Because Gui Dasilva-Greene was the choreographer stunt double (fun fact: he based part of T'Challa's fighting style on Yamcha's Wolf Fang Fist from Dragonball).

This is his proof-of-concept for BP that ultimately was passed over for something else.

https://twitter.com/MrBenibo/status/1156004394699124737
    Marvel Studios really has kind of declawed my guy T’Challa, in more ways than one. �� #ReclawTChalla
    https://twitter.com/OnScreenHeroics/...09521519411205

Emphasis in BP's film was establishing the character and action beats were second, conversely, by the time the BP showed up in CIVIL WAR Cap had been thoroughly established so they could focus on action more. Think about how dope Cap's sequel fighting was vs the first film.
    I’ve heard this argument & I reject the premise. Who says that in order to have a character focused movie you have to have sub-par fight/stunt coordination? No one is asking for more fighting, but that the choreography is better executed. That excuse is grabbing at straws imo.

I'm asserting this as I've spoken with the fight coordinators and personally know the guy in BP's suit during action scenes in CIVIL WAR. It was more or less a completely different team working on those scenes for him. I imagine Coogler didn't focus on fights in the solo outing.
    I reject the premise no matter who espouses it. If Coogler and co. felt like the action/fight choreo wasn’t that important for a solo outing, I disagree, and I hope they do indeed reevaluate for the sequel.
    I also reject that half baked assertion because it also denies that action beats are a crucial part of the damn movie. Hell two of the most crucial scenes in the film not just to the plot but to establishing Wakandan lore and culture are action scenes. Both at the waterfall
    https://twitter.com/OnScreenHeroics/...21002281951232

Hopefully there is a healthy balance between Civil War and the opening fight in BP (I think the Waterfall fights are all time great, but don't want to see depowered T'Challa anymore)
    and
    The issue is the quick cutting style that the Russos used to make Black Panther such a star in Civil War...is not Coogler's strength. Long takes and the camera close is what he's great at.

Obviously they really need to limit the CGI on the suit. However, I think Coogler has to go back to a gritty, but maybe speed up the tempo for the fights.

Perfect world we get the acrobatics of Daniel Graham, but the pure physicality of Gui.
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 07-30-2019 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    https://twitter.com/stevie_mat/statu...99432107646981

https://twitter.com/MrBenibo/status/1156004394699124737

https://twitter.com/OnScreenHeroics/...09521519411205

https://twitter.com/OnScreenHeroics/...21002281951232

Hopefully there is a healthy balance between Civil War and the opening fight in BP (I think the Waterfall fights are all time great, but don't want to see depowered T'Challa anymore)
    and
    The issue is the quick cutting style that the Russos used to make Black Panther such a star in Civil War...is not Coogler's strength. Long takes and the camera close is what he's great at.

Obviously they really need to limit the CGI on the suit. However, I think Coogler has to go back to a gritty, but maybe speed up the tempo for the fights.

The Russo's did a terribe job in his fight scenes. There were too many quick cuts especially in his first and the shaky cam didn't help and despite being the only one fighting serious he was 1-5 by the end of the movie where he only managed to beat the Yamcha of the Avengers. Ryan needs to ignore the CW mess and expand on what he's done, in one scene he made far more menacing, skilled, smarter, and stronger BP than what the Russo's done in three movies.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    The Russo's did a terribe job in his fight scenes. There were too many quick cuts especially in his first and the shaky cam didn't help and despite being the only one fighting serious he was 1-5 by the end of the movie where he only managed to beat the Yamcha of the Avengers. Ryan needs to ignore the CW mess and expand on what he's done, in one scene he made far more menacing, skilled, smarter, and stronger BP than what the Russo's done in three movies.
    I think the opening BP fight is the best BP fight on screen to date.

However, Coogler's decision to go away from the martial arts T'Challa for the rest of the movie is whats hurting it in other peoples eyes (that and the CGI fight at the end. The fight at the end was decent its just the CGI was off)

Seeing T'Challa mow through the Avengers with just his hands is more captivating. T'Challa needs to do more of those spinning kicks and throwing hands like in CW.

If you watched Gui's audition video it wasn't a lot of quick cutting. It was a lot of dynamic fighting without all the cuts. They need to capture that style and still have the acrobatics as well.

I'd just bring Daniel and Gui back for the sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    I think the opening BP fight is the best BP fight on screen to date.

However, Coogler's decision to go away from the martial arts T'Challa for the rest of the movie is whats hurting it in other peoples eyes (that and the CGI fight at the end. The fight at the end was decent its just the CGI was off)

Seeing T'Challa mow through the Avengers with just his hands is more captivating. T'Challa needs to do more of those spinning kicks and throwing hands like in CW.

If you watched Gui's audition video it wasn't a lot of quick cutting. It was a lot of dynamic fighting without all the cuts. They need to capture that style and still have the acrobatics as well.

I'd just bring Daniel and Gui back for the sequel.
    Ryan didn't stray away from any martial arts, most if not all his fights were won using h2h and skill.

What Avengers did he mow down? I must've missed those scenes, he fought only 3 Avengers and didn't mow down any of them. He couldn't get pass Cap despite Cap holding back and T'Challa had WM backing him, Ryan's BP would've gotten passed him without help. He got stopped by Black Widow very easily with no effort on her part and finally his only win in CW which is extremely disappointing was against Hawkeye who was able to restrain him. That's not including getting thrown away by Wanda or being completely helpless against Ant-Man and needing to get rescued by WM and Spider-Man. T'Challa took more Ls in CW than any other hero in any other MCU film.

T'Challa in CW should've been like Bucky in TWS who was straight savage by giving Cap that business and going through people left and right.

The action scene that had problems was the third act specifically when they started fighting on the tracks because the unfinished cgi. Why Marvel decided to redo most of Ryan's practical effects with cgi idk but we know he can do action scenes which he proved with Creed and BP. If he wants to do something for the sequel he can get the guys from John Wick.
    Last edited by KingNomarch; 07-30-2019 at 06:02 PM.

Ryan didn't stray away from any martial arts, most if not all his fights were won using h2h and skill.

What Avengers did he mow down? I must've missed those scenes, he fought only 3 Avengers and didn't mow down any of them. He couldn't get pass Cap despite Cap holding back and T'Challa had WM backing him, Ryan's BP would've gotten passed him without help. He got stopped by Black Widow very easily with no effort on her part and finally his only win in CW which is extremely disappointing was against Hawkeye who was able to restrain him. That's not including getting thrown away by Wanda or being completely helpless against Ant-Man and needing to get rescued by WM and Spider-Man. T'Challa took more Ls in CW than any other hero in any other MCU film.

T'Challa in CW should've been like Bucky in TWS who was straight savage by giving Cap that business and going through people left and right.

The action scene that had problems was the third act specifically when they started fighting on the tracks because the unfinished cgi. Why Marvel decided to redo most of Ryan's practical effects with cgi idk but we know he can do action scenes which he proved with Creed and BP. If he wants to do something for the sequel he can get the guys from John Wick.

People in here dissect Black Panther's fight scenes to death. Every single frame is judged with a fine tooth comb and criticized. Or just purely make stuff up like "no martial arts" lol. Bast almighty

Then turn around and give a mild glance at Civil Wars fight scenes and act like Russos are a god.

It is weird. Almost like some sort of agenda. Maybe. Hmm.

Coogler and Russos have completely different action styles. What I liked about BP is that all the action scenes were different outside the two tribal fights.

(I'm not even hating on Russos. I really liked CW and all their movies. But the Bast damn things aren't perfect action wise)

I like the Russos but there are a lot of things they done wrong that people seem to ignore.

This book isn't even worth talking about.

Same issues as the other 13. No plot advancement, pretty art. You can basically summarize this up as "Acuna space battle that ends on another cliffhanger" and y'all and probably imagine exactly what happens.

T'challa is barely in the book.

In isolation, issue is "fine." In combination with the rest of hte story, it is more of the same.

Yea I'll never know why they went with CGI models over the practical suits/actors. In the B roll footage it looked good as is.

I also think in hindsight they may have been better off rolling with whatever original fight footage/cgi they had before the reshoot. That was obviously rushed.

If anything the hope is Coogler does something thats never been seen before. Those John Wick guys keep fighting creative ways to get action done.