Page 438 of 744 FirstFirst ... 338388428434435436437438439440441442448488538 ... LastLast
Results 6,556 to 6,570 of 11160

I mean Baron Zemo is still walking around free. He’s even gonna appear in Falcon and Bucky
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I mean Baron Zemo is still walking around free. He’s even gonna appear in Falcon and Bucky

He has to break out or be freed. He's still in custody

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    He has to break out or be freed. He's still in custody
    If he's in Falcon and Bucky though, it's a decent bet he will break out at one point.

Hunting Zemo alone could be a justifable story for a BP movie, since he has a very personal stake in seeing Zemo be brought to justice. Though Zemo on paper is a stretch as a credible threat. Yeah, he screwed over the Avengers pretty badly but honestly a large part of that was sheer luck.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I mean, I am an incredibly selfish T'challa fan.

I'd drown 10,000 red shirt wakandans if it means T'challa gets to decapitate Namor all by himself lol

I still fine it unlikely. To go from such a political movie to Namor seems a bit extreme for Coogler, unless he just wants to flex some sci-fi action chops.

I don't see Coogler pulling a Doom War **** because... he's black lol
    It's really not an issue of Wakandans dying(we saw that in Infinity War). Just want to see any villain(Thanos excluded of course) that attacks Wakandan get a severe curbstomp at the end. Don't see that a lot.

I think Coog can do it right and give it justice, just worry some suit is gonna step in and muddy isht up.

I mean, I am an incredibly selfish T'challa fan.

I'd drown 10,000 red shirt wakandans if it means T'challa gets to decapitate Namor all by himself lol

I still fine it unlikely. To go from such a political movie to Namor seems a bit extreme for Coogler, unless he just wants to flex some sci-fi action chops.

I don't see Coogler pulling a Doom War **** because... he's black lol
    Hey MoS.. Coates is Black too and he had easily done the more damage to BP and the mythos then any other writer to date... Not to say Coogler would punk Tchalla, dude came in with mad respect for T'Challa and the mythos. BUT we are experiencing the damage a Black writer can do unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Hey MoS.. Coates is Black too and he had easily done the more damage to BP and the mythos then any other writer to date... Not to say Coogler would punk Tchalla, dude came in with mad respect for T'Challa and the mythos. BUT we are experiencing the damage a Black writer can do unfortunately
    Especially if the plan is for Namor to appear in future movies. If he is in it, I can see the flood happening or at least the threat of the flood as the cliffhanger last minute save.

Serious damage. Major damage. Hopefully to end soon.

Coogler made black Panther the movie though in all its glory.

Coates first page ever I do believe was T'challa bloodied on his due to getting hit by his own people lol

I'll be optimistic until Coogler crushes my soul
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    It's really not an issue of Wakandans dying(we saw that in Infinity War). Just want to see any villain(Thanos excluded of course) that attacks Wakandan get a severe curbstomp at the end. Don't see that a lot.

I think Coog can do it right and give it justice, just worry some suit is gonna step in and muddy isht up.
    Both Gunn, Whedon, and Russos got extra freedom after there first movie did great. I can't imagine Coogler, who did even better AND actually doesn't need the MCU like the other three, wouldn't get the same freedom on his second go around.

So, until Coogler starts dropping scary hints in interviews ala Coates, imma be optimistic everything is going to be fine.

I just can't see him going from what he did in Black Panther and turn around and bring out T'chumpa all to prop up a character Marvel Studios doesn't even own outright.

They can't even make any extra money off Namor. He has barely a fan base and they can't do solo movies without paying universal. If they aren't gonna shell out the money for a much more popular Hulk, I just can't see them giving as **** about Namor.

Storm or any other mutant they have control over is more of a threat to "steal" the movie because there is potential crazy money to be made. Namor isn't that. Especially nto with Aquanbro running around and stealing Namor's niche.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member

Both Gunn, Whedon, and Russos got extra freedom after there first movie did great. I can't imagine Coogler, who did even better AND actually doesn't need the MCU like the other three, wouldn't get the same freedom on his second go around.

So, until Coogler starts dropping scary hints in interviews ala Coates, imma be optimistic everything is going to be fine.

I just can't see him going from what he did in Black Panther and turn around and bring out T'chumpa all to prop up a character Marvel Studios doesn't even own outright.

They can't even make any extra money off Namor. He has barely a fan base and they can't do solo movies without paying universal. If they aren't gonna shell out the money for a much more popular Hulk, I just can't see them giving as **** about Namor.

Storm or any other mutant they have control over is more of a threat to "steal" the movie because there is potential crazy money to be made. Namor isn't that. Especially nto with Aquanbro running around and stealing Namor's niche.
    Yea, it probably took some convincing, but I'm pretty sure Coogler wants to use Namor as the villain and has a plan for him without chumping out T'Challa. It's not like the only way to make him formidable is to have him flood Wakanda, which is interestingly why a lot of people seem to want him as the villain. And the chances of him and Atlantis dominating the worldbuilding/narrative are low if you consider that Atlantis might get an origin in Eternals or something.

Iirc the Atlanteans were originally slaves of the Deviants and if they work that into the movie you've already done half the exposition so a BP sequel doesn't have to. Namor might end up becoming a Loki or Hulk type character who floats across films, but for the most part I don't think the MCU is gonna prioritize him and whatever arc he gets over established solo characters.

At the end of the day, the MCU is going bolder than ever and Namor is apparently the new scope of villain they feel T'Challa could be taking on. While I still think a repurposed Achebe with a more Winter Soldier vibe builds on the first film better, Namor is undeniably a big step T'Challa could use to be a major character with influence going forward.

If they did bring Namor in, they should do something where he's being manipulated by Achebe behind the scenes.

You get the two villains(one quasi-villain).

One for the action and one for the mind games/strategy.

Coogler made black Panther the movie though in all its glory.

Coates first page ever I do believe was T'challa bloodied on his due to getting hit by his own people lol

I'll be optimistic until Coogler crushes my soul
    oh no I'm not saying you can't be optimistic. I'm optimistic as well. It was more so to your point that Coogler wouldn't do it because he is black. But Coates os the prime example of how much more dangerous it is to have a Black writer doing this type of damage that would get a white writer burned like a Salem witch.

As for the rumor though. Meh, I doubt it. No other hero has used outside rogues as their main villains. Especially in their 2nd movie. I doubt Tchalla will be the exception

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Yea, it probably took some convincing, but I'm pretty sure Coogler wants to use Namor as the villain and has a plan for him without chumping out T'Challa. It's not like the only way to make him formidable is to have him flood Wakanda, which is interestingly why a lot of people seem to want him as the villain. And the chances of him and Atlantis dominating the worldbuilding/narrative are low if you consider that Atlantis might get an origin in Eternals or something.

Iirc the Atlanteans were originally slaves of the Deviants and if they work that into the movie you've already done half the exposition so a BP sequel doesn't have to. Namor might end up becoming a Loki or Hulk type character who floats across films, but for the most part I don't think the MCU is gonna prioritize him and whatever arc he gets over established solo characters.

At the end of the day, the MCU is going bolder than ever and Namor is apparently the new scope of villain they feel T'Challa could be taking on. While I still think a repurposed Achebe with a more Winter Soldier vibe builds on the first film better, Namor is undeniably a big step T'Challa could use to be a major character with influence going forward.
    You know these are just rumours right? Just because these people are clamoring it as fact on YouTube and Facebook doesn't mean it's true. Hell they claimed that storm was in the sequel based on some 4chan isht.

So no, I don't believe this for a second, it's way too early in development to start claiming who the villain is

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post

Regardless of who the villain is, be in Namor or Doom or Achebe or whoever, no one is likely going to look like a chump.

Coogler proved more than capable of making both the hero and villain look good in the first BP film. And that is very much possible. BP wins in the end, but Killmonger certainly isn't made to look bad by any means. He got some degree of sucess, but lost when it really counted like all antagonists do.

For what it's worth, I do think Namor would be fun. But there are a lot of viable options and it's probably too soon to really say.

If Namor ever shows up in a BP movie someday, instead of doing Wakanda vs Atlantis in their first appearance together (which would be dumb), I'd rather much see elements of Rise issue #2 adapted instead.