Page 452 of 744 FirstFirst ... 352402442448449450451452453454455456462502552 ... LastLast
Results 6,766 to 6,780 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Reddit AMA:
    “I’ve always found the order of the characters that come out of the portal so interesting. Do you guys have a particular explanation on the sequencing? Was there any discussion of having Bucky come out first, making him the first person Steve sees alive?”
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Russo
    “We spent a lot of time in the edit room playing around with the sequencing of the portals. We probably didn’t lock that section of the movie until about a month before the film was in theaters,” he wrote. “We always wanted Sam to be the first one to communicate with Cap via his comm and Sam was last in Wakanda, so logically the first portal that would open would the Wakandan portal. And the first person that would logically walk through a portal from Wakanda would be the king himself, bringing his army once again to the defense of Cap and the world.”
    Real Reason: 700 million domestic
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    They know what they're doing.

This current run almost is the opposite of coates initial start with BP. The action has been very satisfying the majority of the space arc but the dialogue and essentially the core of this run isnt as compelling as the self reflection and constant questioning T'Challa had in the first run. The conversations with the professor (who's name slips my mind) and shuri relearning lost history for example are incomparable moments vs the current arc. I think this run is better off binged because it's just not as "meaty" depth wise which was the shining factor for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    They know what they're doing.
    You are telling me it isn't a coincidence T'challa, Parker, and Carol did the "gauntlet run" ?????

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by RDMXV View Post
    This current run almost is the opposite of coates initial start with BP. The action has been very satisfying the majority of the space arc but the dialogue and essentially the core of this run isnt as compelling as the self reflection and constant questioning T'Challa had in the first run. The conversations with the professor (who's name slips my mind) and shuri relearning lost history for example are incomparable moments vs the current arc. I think this run is better off binged because it's just not as "meaty" depth wise which was the shining factor for me.
    Coates I think picked a somewhat difficult story to tell. Space battle combat (which to a degree is the bread and butter of a space opera) doesn't necessarily translate well in print form (though to the books credit, I think it's actually handling it quite well). And it's harder to get readers to care about dialogue and drama over essentially new characters who readers haven't gotten a whole lot of time to get emotionally invested it. I think even a more experienced comic book writer potentially might struggle with a story like this that went on this long.

That said, I don't think it's that bad. It's slow and drawn out, but the story and action is actually solid.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

You are telling me it isn't a coincidence T'challa, Parker, and Carol did the "gauntlet run" ?????

I never actually thought about that

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post

I never actually thought about that
    Not sure if it means anything or it breaks the pattern, but Hawkeye actually ran it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    It's been like this for awhile now.

But then again, as nothing of worth is going on in the current BP solo, I suppose a bit of stagnation in thread discussion topics, shouldn't be surprising.
    My man.. we were discussing amalgamated Thor, strange, Spidey, moonknight, Cap panther possibly being the strongest panther to date, and if he should come to the 616 as a BP villain for T'Challa (the real one) to square off against and all that positivity got derailed by the same tired complaining and shade throwing about Solo BP vs CW BP.. this thread has actually been discussing various topics (thanks to Avengers and infinity warp) but the same folks want to keep regurgitating the same stuff every other day then claim they don't post much about BP comic wise for fear of being persecuted or some lame fake isht.

Yeah if he did antman or strange numbers we wouldn't of seen all that. Hell of they didn't film IW and EG back to back we would of seen a better battle in IW and Tchalla likely wouldn't of been snapped either and we maybe could of gotten a well deserved BP vs BD on screen battle as well as the gauntlet run

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I'm not sure what sparked this exchange, so iunno who's in the right here because I'm rarely on this thread (tho I'd like to), but you highlight the reason I don't come here often. it seems like, a lot of the time, things I like about BP are getting **** on over here, particularly when it pertains to Coates or his run. While I haven't loved everything on his run (admittedly I drift occasionally), I have been catching up on his Galactic Wakanda story and I'm actually REALLY enjoying it. which surprised me because my only point of reference for it were criticism from this thread.
    For better or for worse, I think negativity is an inherent part of the internet.

Over on the pro-wrestling board, I see the same 2-4 people saying how WWE and RAW sucks week after week, month after month, year after year. Same thing with the BP board. Same people saying how much Coates sucks week after week, month after month, year after year. And I think that's pretty normal. I think a lot of people (unlike me to basically just read/watches and posts about stuff I enjoy), I think some people continue to read/watch stuff they KNOW they don't enjoy so they can go into the internet and rip it.

Board negativity drove me off the BP board during Liss' BP run because I absolutely LOVED it, and the overall negativity was starting to hinder my enjoyment of the book. But I've sort of developed a thicker skin and a better understanding that this sort of thing is pretty normal on social media, and it's sort of the price you pay when you want to play.

Inherently there is nothing wrong with being negative or critical as long as its on topic. Though I suppose I do agree it's a bit unfair for people who are negative about the medium on a regular basis to be critical of others for being negative about it. But it is what is it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RDMXV View Post
    The introspective lens Coates put T'Challa and Wakanda under was the saving grace of his first arc. While I'd argue even that story was drawn out and definitely had some thematic pitfalls, the points about democracy and tech vs spirituality were genuinely cool. Even the way he had T'Challa and the kingdom at large mull over its recent defeats was good even though I didn't like some of the conclusions he reached. He's having trouble bringing that same philosophical edge to this space story, which is strange because he's basically flipping the concept of Wakanda on its head. But on a certain level he already did that with the originators, so it falls flat for me here.

In A Nation Under Our Feet, he explored the conceit of Wakandan civilization and its notion of superiority on the basis of technology. With the Originators he expanded on that by revealing that like most other cultures, the Wakandans owe their prosperity at least in part to displacement and war against another people. Didn't like it at all, but I get what he was going for. But from what I'm seeing, he's rehashing those same themes of colonialism and pride but in the form of futuristic Wakandans rather than the descendants of those wronged by ancient Wakandans. Plus the whole redo of "I don't wanna be king!" from T'Challa which is completely redundant from previous arcs.

This run feels like Coates wanted to be more action-oriented but doesn't really know how to fit in deeper ideas outside the bare minimum. It's a beautiful epic, but it lacks the character work and conceptual depth to keep up interest past the art. It's even more disappointing when you consider that discovering the origin of vibranium should be one of those iconic BP stories but looking back I think fans are gonna look at it as a missed opportunity. I'd personally be down for a future writer side stepping the whole Intergalactic Wakandan Empire in favor of having T'Challa leading Wakanda into the space age.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    The introspective lens Coates put T'Challa and Wakanda under was the saving grace of his first arc. While I'd argue even that story was drawn out and definitely had some thematic pitfalls, the points about democracy and tech vs spirituality were genuinely cool. Even the way he had T'Challa and the kingdom at large mull over its recent defeats was good even though I didn't like some of the conclusions he reached. He's having trouble bringing that same philosophical edge to this space story, which is strange because he's basically flipping the concept of Wakanda on its head. But on a certain level he already did that with the originators, so it falls flat for me here.

In A Nation Under Our Feet, he explored the conceit of Wakandan civilization and its notion of superiority on the basis of technology. With the Originators he expanded on that by revealing that like most other cultures, the Wakandans owe their prosperity at least in part to displacement and war against another people. Didn't like it at all, but I get what he was going for. But from what I'm seeing, he's rehashing those same themes of colonialism and pride but in the form of futuristic Wakandans rather than the descendants of those wronged by ancient Wakandans. Plus the whole redo of "I don't wanna be king!" from T'Challa which is completely redundant from previous arcs.

This run feels like Coates wanted to be more action-oriented but doesn't really know how to fit in deeper ideas outside the bare minimum. It's a beautiful epic, but it lacks the character work and conceptual depth to keep up interest past the art. It's even more disappointing when you consider that discovering the origin of vibranium should be one of those iconic BP stories but looking back I think fans are gonna look at it as a missed opportunity. I'd personally be down for a future writer side stepping the whole Intergalactic Wakandan Empire in favor of having T'Challa leading Wakanda into the space age.
    Which is kind of weird because he really could have dug into the slave analogy if he wanted to.

Instead he called it a middle passage story which still makes no sense

3. about 5 ish posts from various people seemingly bored of the storyline
    *waves* Hiya.

We're in space and we're not trying to find the source of Vibranium or establishing the real Wakanda's foothold in space.

Most advanced technology not being utilized, no new developments.

Would have loved to see some new dynamics between BP/Wakanda and the other Alpha alien races -Shi'ar, Kree, Skulls, Spartax etc.