Page 453 of 744 FirstFirst ... 353403443449450451452453454455456457463503553 ... LastLast
Results 6,781 to 6,795 of 11160
    Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    We're in space and we're not trying to find the source of Vibranium or establishing the real Wakanda's foothold in space.

Most advanced technology not being utilized, no new developments.

Would have loved to see some new dynamics between BP/Wakanda and the other Alpha alien races -Shi'ar, Kree, Skulls, Spartax etc.
    This made me realise how un-Marvel-y this story feels.

I know Marvel comics aren't all that great at the moment for most people but really from even the little I've read this feels like something else entirely in a bad way.

As chief12d said, I don't see this story being remembered or looked back upon fondly years afterwards. It's a shame really, because the fact that a famous AA writer tackling some of the ideas Coates had with BP should have been one for the books.

The fact that no one seems to be rumouring or demanding anything from Coates to be adapted in the MCU might be another indication. I wouldn't say recency is the issue either, because we're only three issues in the House of X/Powers of X event and there are multiple articles and quite a number of people who already want to see it or some ideas from it in the MCU. It's had an impact.

I don't really think anything from Coates has except for some concept stuff like the force push suit and other artistic choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post

I know Marvel comics aren't all that great at the moment for most people but really from even the little I've read this feels like something else entirely in a bad way.

As chief12d said, I don't see this story being remembered or looked back upon fondly years afterwards. It's a shame really, because the fact that a famous AA writer tackling some of the ideas Coates had with BP should have been one for the books.

The fact that no one seems to be rumouring or demanding anything from Coates to be adapted in the MCU might be another indication. I wouldn't say recency is the issue either, because we're only three issues in the House of X/Powers of X event and there are multiple articles and quite a number of people who already want to see it or some ideas from it in the MCU. It's had an impact.

I don't really think anything from Coates has except for some concept stuff like the force push suit and other artistic choices.
    Like I said earlier, it reads like a bad Vertigo or Elsewhere story.

And you're right about nothing memorable happening. This thing could have been over and done in about six issues.

Twice as long and still no idea where this is going.

Coates did give us Goon Slam Gary.

Armless Tiger-Man and Goon Slam Gary. I see undefeated tag-team champions.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post

Just to add:

I'm enjoying Avengers, Iron Man(proof that if you're patient, you'll be rewarded with a new writer who will make you happy) and Captain America(Coates can write a pretty good comic, pretty ironic).

Just waiting for Agents of Wakanda.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Which is kind of weird because he really could have dug into the slave analogy if he wanted to.

Instead he called it a middle passage story which still makes no sense
    Yea I don't see where he was going with that. I guess the whole way the empire strips people of their memories is supposed to represent how the middle passage took Africans from their homelands on ships. So in a sense rather than the empire being the destination it's supposed to be ship that T'Challa is trying to escape. Idk it makes sense kinda but outside that parallel he didn't really capture what the middle passage means as a theme. So that's another point off lol.

I really just would've preferred T'Challa leading expeditions into space, discovering other sources of vibranium, and making outposts there. And along the way he finds the wild, potentially interdimensional origins of vibranium. It's less creatively ambitious than what Coates is going for but it's a natural story to tell and fits much easier with the ideas he's trying to explore. Like others have said, it was a missed opportunity to weave T'Challa into the cosmic landscape of the MU. The metal that powers his entire nation comes from space with other sources Wakanda could control and he still hasn't had any meaningful interactions with cosmic superpowers or characters.

But besides that I will say the worldbuilding has been superb as far as the idea of a Wakandan space empire and the aliens it conquered. If Coogler wanted to adapt it and let it be the end of his trilogy I wouldn't be mad because I know he'd make it work. It's T'Challa as a straight up explorer and warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Like I said earlier, it reads like a bad Vertigo or Elsewhere story.

And you're right about nothing memorable happening. This thing could have been over and done in about six issues.

Twice as long and still no idea where this is going.

Coates did give us Goon Slam Gary.

Armless Tiger-Man and Goon Slam Gary. I see undefeated tag-team champions.
    Bruh

How is armless tiger man gonna tag

Thats a low blow lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

great now Flex has y'all talking about Armless too.

Bast give me strength
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Yea I don't see where he was going with that. I guess the whole way the empire strips people of their memories is supposed to represent how the middle passage took Africans from their homelands on ships. So in a sense rather than the empire being the destination it's supposed to be ship that T'Challa is trying to escape. Idk it makes sense kinda but outside that parallel he didn't really capture what the middle passage means as a theme. So that's another point off lol.

I really just would've preferred T'Challa leading expeditions into space, discovering other sources of vibranium, and making outposts there. And along the way he finds the wild, potentially interdimensional origins of vibranium. It's less creatively ambitious than what Coates is going for but it's a natural story to tell and fits much easier with the ideas he's trying to explore. Like others have said, it was a missed opportunity to weave T'Challa into the cosmic landscape of the MU. The metal that powers his entire nation comes from space with other sources Wakanda could control and he still hasn't had any meaningful interactions with cosmic superpowers or characters.

But besides that I will say the worldbuilding has been superb as far as the idea of a Wakandan space empire and the aliens it conquered. If Coogler wanted to adapt it and let it be the end of his trilogy I wouldn't be mad because I know he'd make it work. It's T'Challa as a straight up explorer and warrior.
    The one nice thing about all this not being an alternatie timeline or alternate reality or anything like that, is that all that world buidling doens't necessarily have to go to waist. That galactic empire exists in the present 616 timeline apparently, since they can communicate with present day Wakanda. So it's a few aspect of the cosmic landscape if anyone else wants to utilize it. Whether or not anyone will is a question mark, but the Galactic Wakanda space empire exists as a new toy in the cosmic sandbox.

Unless of course Coates somehow destroys the whole thing before the story ends.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Bruh

How is armless tiger man gonna tag

Thats a low blow lol
    Any part of the body can be used for the tag.

Back. Feet. Leg. Butt. Whatever's handy.

The big problem is will there be anyone left for Goon Slam Gary to fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    great now Flex has y'all talking about Armless too.

Bast give me strength
    I love ATM. I even did a short story/solicit about him a few years ago.

Burbank.

Mickey's computer sends off random whirrs and clicks alerting him to key demographics.

Mickey: "Look, Armless Tiger Man is trending on the CBR Black Panther thread... Great, start the money printing machine now!"

Coogler: "Gosh Dang Darnit Doo Hickey Mickey... You know you can't trust social media!"

Mickey: "MindofShadow... Marvell2100... Jabare... They all make mention of Armless Tiger Man... If Majestic and Xpac mention him too I'm green lighting that character all day every day we getting PAID bro!"

Coogler: "You don't even know if they even exist... They could be some old white ladies behind the screen trolling fans hard!"

Mickey: "MindofShadow has a workout room with 45 pound plates... What old white lady is pushing weight like that!"

Coogler: "DUDE... Did you even see him pressing those plates or was it just a random picture showing some weights that may have had cobwebs all over them for lack of use!"

Mickey: "We made 1.3 billion dollars off deez cats I knows my Nigraz go hard for Black Panther!"

Coogler: "Nigraz???"

Mickey: "Yeah, I'm Steamboat Willie up in dis MF... You better ask somebody I'm black too!"

Coogler: "I'm gonna need an ancestry check on that one!"

Mickey: "I might be in line for some reparations if yo boy Coates comes through on that congressional testimony... Minnie get back up on this desk and shake it for Armless Tiger Man!"

Minnie: "Yes daddy!"

Get Hectic!

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    Burbank.

Mickey's computer sends off random whirrs and clicks alerting him to key demographics.

Mickey: "Look, Armless Tiger Man is trending on the CBR Black Panther thread... Great, start the money printing machine now!"

Coogler: "Gosh Dang Darnit Doo Hickey Mickey... You know you can't trust social media!"

Mickey: "MindofShadow... Marvell2100... Jabare... They all make mention of Armless Tiger Man... If Majestic and Xpac mention him too I'm green lighting that character all day every day we getting PAID bro!"

Coogler: "You don't even know if they even exist... They could be some old white ladies behind the screen trolling fans hard!"

Mickey: "MindofShadow has a workout room with 45 pound plates... What old white lady is pushing weight like that!"

Coogler: "DUDE... Did you even see him pressing those plates or was it just a random picture showing some weights that may have had cobwebs all over them for lack of use!"

Mickey: "We made 1.3 billion dollars off deez cats I knows my Nigraz go hard for Black Panther!"

Coogler: "Nigraz???"

Mickey: "Yeah, I'm Steamboat Willie up in dis MF... You better ask somebody I'm black too!"

Coogler: "I'm gonna need an ancestry check on that one!"

Mickey: "I might be in line for some reparations if yo boy Coates comes through on that congressional testimony... Minnie get back up on this desk and shake it for Armless Tiger Man!"

Minnie: "Yes daddy!"

So is it like beetle juice? Say his name 3 times and armless tiger man will appear? Make it happen

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    So is it like beetle juice? Say his name 3 times and armless tiger man will appear? Make it happen
    Heh, I don't buy it.

*stares in mirror*

Armless Tiger Man. Armless Tiger Man. Armless Tiger Man.

See? Nothing ha-

Oh, siht!

(Did you guys forget he was in Flags of Our Fathers?)
    Last edited by DigiCom; 08-10-2019 at 02:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post

(Did you guys forget he was in Flags of Our Fathers?)
    Nope that is why it is relevant to the thread!

Hey, Coogler broke ground with a nearly all back cast movie!

Time to break ground with a disabled villain!

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Mighty Member

I might actually pick up a copy of a Coates book if he included Armless Tiger Man. Oh, wait.....
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by MouserGrey View Post
    I might actually pick up a copy of a Coates book if he included Armless Tiger Man. Oh, wait.....
    Armless Tiger Man

We need that tourny!

Jaguar/whatever the hell that one god was: Killmonger

Bast- T'challa

Tiger- Armless tiger man

Hyena- Jakarra!

-200 odds on Armless Tiger man coming out the winner!