Page 461 of 744 FirstFirst ... 361411451457458459460461462463464465471511561 ... LastLast
Results 6,901 to 6,915 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    He should have never had her replace T'Challa, that wasn't a smart decision that only makes it worse for the replacement in the end. From the start more should've been done to distinguish herself from her brother like making her a magic user from the beginning and she should've have had connections to other heroes that were her own and not because other heroes needed her brother and their resources .
    Once she took the throne, her story really only had 2 natural choices:

- keep the title forever and off shoot T'challa into something else. 1% chance of happening

- take the title back and give it back to t'challa and send her to limbo land. 99% chance of happening

The movie, frankly, saved her character from limbo land where BP supporting characters go to die.

Ross doesn't really have a presence in the comics. His last appearance was the BP annual and before that he basically had cameos with little to no interactions with T'Challa.
    Don and Priest used and developed a range of supporting characters (zuri, w'kabi, okoye, nakia, ross, hunter, monica, qdj, vibraxas, ect) that, you know... supported the main hero in various wise to build the mythos and every other since has decided they knew better than the previous writer and threw them in the garbage to make their own characters. Rinse and repeat.

It is telling those two actually wrote comics as a living instead of a "sure i'll try" side gig.

(I'll give Liss a minor pass since he was given a hells kitchen isolated Tc'halla and even then... he brought in Storm, brought in the relationship with falcon and luke, and then brought in Shuri when he got the chance)
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    He should have never had her replace T'Challa, that wasn't a smart decision that only makes it worse for the replacement in the end. From the start more should've been done to distinguish herself from her brother like making her a magic user from the beginning and she should've have had connections to other heroes that were her own and not because other heroes needed her brother and their resources .

Ross doesn't really have a presence in the comics. His last appearance was the BP annual and before that he basically had cameos with little to no interactions with T'Challa.
    At the time it made sense, hell Hudlin has even said I. Interviews that her taking over was to complete her arc but more so to keep Marvel from putting her in limbo. He did that want her to just disappear. Now given what we know about Hudlin's ru. He could of easily turned her into the white wolf, but really she should of had a clear difined role that wasn't to become BP because we all knew it wouldn't be permanent. So I get why he did it hell his reasons are similar to why Priest used Ross. Difference is that Ross poo purpose is served and he doesn't need to show up again really where Shuri is permanent however from the start she should of had a path not leading to the throne.

Is Coates still butchering the character? I stopped keeping up years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Guardian of Good View Post
    Is Coates still butchering the character? I stopped keeping up years ago.
    I would actually say he hasn't even been writing the character until last two issues at best in regards to volume 8.

If you take away a characters supporting cast, take away his rogue gallery, take away the setting, take away his costume, take away his memories (which changes how the character acts), take away his tech, give new powers (catching stuff that turns to spears? weird premonition thing that may or may not just be art representing his think ahead brain?)....

is it really the same character at this point?

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Lion King just knocked BP out of the top 10 WW gross

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Expected but annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Expected but annoying.
    Those lists outside the top what.... 4 seem to move so fast, all that really matters is getting there when the movie comes out

the 700 domestic is a much bigger deal

Not surprising but still upsetting that a lazy soulless remake made that much money.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

New Cannon Buster's anime dropped on Netflix for North America. I just started episode 1 but I recommedn checking it out
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Not surprising but still upsetting that a lazy soulless remake made that much money.
    No one can explain to me how Titanic and Avatar made the money they did.

BP dropping out isn't bothersome to me. Once Star Wars comes out in December, there will be a lot of movie that will drop a spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    No one can explain to me how Titanic and Avatar made the money they did.

Avatar was a 3D, mo cap special effects spectacle with Cameron's name attached

Titanic was..... i have no idea mane lol

Avatar was a 3D, mo cap special effects spectacle with Cameron's name attached

Titanic was..... i have no idea mane lol
    Honestly, when I saw Avatar, all I saw was "white man saves Blue people."

This has played out in various movies throughout the years. Maybe it was having Cameron's name attached.

I would actually say he hasn't even been writing the character until last two issues at best in regards to volume 8.

If you take away a characters supporting cast, take away his rogue gallery, take away the setting, take away his costume, take away his memories (which changes how the character acts), take away his tech, give new powers (catching stuff that turns to spears? weird premonition thing that may or may not just be art representing his think ahead brain?)....

is it really the same character at this point?
    It's funny, he took everything away and made his own pet characters and really showed how much he is lacking in terms being able to develop characters. The most developed characters have been Bast, Nakia, and T'Challa.

Bast is probably the best of the 3 and that's simply because of her troll attitude and there was never any development from her, she is basically a blank slate. Nakia comes second because she started out good then fell off once Coates decided to have T'Challa pawning for Storm again, and now she is just there (like how zenzi ended up) and T'Challa? Back to work is me, I don't want to be King backpedaling nonsense.

With a ton of x men stuff, and Spidey stuff (NJadakas power upgrade instead of being original) makes for a not so much anything related to BP but in name only
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 08-18-2019 at 12:32 PM.