Page 48 of 744 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898148548 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Speaking of Zanda, I like what Redjack did by giving her abilities to shapeshift and all that. I think if she ever comes back into comics this should definitely follow suit, BUT I would make Zanda more of a mystic. Think of her as that kind of "turns men into beasts" sorceress but she does it more to herself. She uses magic to impersonate people and can turn into animals from time to time (I'd avoid that bit as much as possible to avoid Vixen comparisons). She should also have that martial artist edge to her so she can keep up with Panther, the Dora Milaje etc and I'd make her personality a lot more akin to Princess Azula from The Last Airbender (cunning, ruthless and egotistic), and with a mix of Hela from the MCU (charming and entitled).
    Not that I'm necessarily against giving Zanda the upgrades, but honestly I wonder if it wouldn't simply be easier to just create a brand new character. Her last couple appearances (working at a KFC drive through and coming out on the losing end of a cat fight with Storm in the mall) didn't exactly do Zanda any favors. Not to say she can't be turned around but I almost think starting from scratch is simpler.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Not that I'm necessarily against giving Zanda the upgrades, but honestly I wonder if it wouldn't simply be easier to just create a brand new character. Her last couple appearances (working at a KFC drive through and coming out on the losing end of a cat fight with Storm in the mall) didn't exactly do Zanda any favors. Not to say she can't be turned around but I almost think starting from scratch is simpler.
    Seriously. Why can't T'Challa, or other characters, get a new villain now and then?

Speaking of Zanda, I like what Redjack did by giving her abilities to shapeshift and all that. I think if she ever comes back into comics this should definitely follow suit, BUT I would make Zanda more of a mystic. Think of her as that kind of "turns men into beasts" sorceress but she does it more to herself. She uses magic to impersonate people and can turn into animals from time to time (I'd avoid that bit as much as possible to avoid Vixen comparisons). She should also have that martial artist edge to her so she can keep up with Panther, the Dora Milaje etc and I'd make her personality a lot more akin to Princess Azula from The Last Airbender (cunning, ruthless and egotistic), and with a mix of Hela from the MCU (charming and entitled).
    LOL.

Well. a lot of that is surprisingly close to what I have in my head about Zanda. Not exact but close.

And she's nowhere near as crazy as Azula. Azula's the GOAT.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Seriously. Why can't T'Challa, or other characters, get a new villain now and then?
    Though I'm not against several of his rogues getting upgrades, I DO very much think he needs new villains a bit more in his weight class. A good number of rogues should on paper have difficulty even getting through T'Challa's security, let alone dealing with T'Challa himself. He needs a few more Klaw level guys in there.

Since T'Challa is himself a super smart character, he probably needs at least one rogue who in theory should be his peer in that regard. Not counting Doom, who really shouldn't be considered T'Challa's rogue at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    This might be my new favorite BP panel lol

I'm loving the art in this series!
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

I agree with all of this... tho i wouldn't mind the risk of Vixen comparisons as much since, for one, Zanda having animal powers that has her zippin and zappin into different animals/creatures mid action is simply a no brainer for the cinematic. i.e. T'Challa running, jumping, bouncing and skybiking after her as she keeps on changing animal forms, in-between fighting her h2h and shape-shifting into Okoye/Nakia/Shuri in every twist and turn... that's a crazy set piece waiting to happen that could rival anything we've seen in comic films, including those Fox Quicksilver scenes.

Secondly, (and unfair to Vixen or not) BP's brand name would skyrocket Zanda's popularity to where Vixen would be the one with the pressure of living up to the new household name and national treasure; assuming Vixen would be getting a cinematic appearance soon. That said, I'd keep it mystic and have it be the best of both worlds (human shifting and animal) so that she is uniquely different from the Skulls and Vixen, and has the added the dimension of martial artists, trickery, etc... pretty much what she is in the cartoon. lol

Ideally, she would be the main antagonist for Okoye and Nakia in the movie. Nakia would be the one to punch her in the face for trying to steal her bae.
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    In truth the mods should do something about that type of toxic habitual bp/wakanda bait bashing, but for now we can only do our part by documenting these numerous troll attempts while also keeping things focused on appreciating Bp and Wakanda in this BP Appreciation thread; despite the presence of ppl who come here to instigate anti-BP rhetoric but never to appreciate. We'll put a stop to this BP bashing toxicity soon enough; they can make a separate BP unappreciation thread for all that noise!

Agreed, Mr. Thorne is pulling all the stops. And a lot of these ideas are ripe for the cinematic. I hope Coogler is watching.

Zanda has star power written all over her, and Yemandi might be next!
    Yeah it's very frustrating, but nothing we can do, they will continue to make a presence and we just have to deal, yet I guarantee if we went to threads of characters they appreciated and did the same, the ban hammer would be swift

Honestly, I would take it a step further, given certain conditions are met, Zanda can not only impersonate any person or animal she wants (this is the basic property of the power) but she can also impersonate their power for a time to really drive it home how dangerous she is, though the power would only last a short period of time as she is draining herself due to the strain on her body from certain powers (even though she may be enhanced, if she were to copy say, Luke cages unbreakable skin, that is alot of strain as her base form osnt bullet proof.

But Azula is definitely who I would also base her personality on, ontop of what Redjack established and her attraction to T'Challa

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Though I'm not against several of his rogues getting upgrades, I DO very much think he needs new villains a bit more in his weight class. A good number of rogues should on paper have difficulty even getting through T'Challa's security, let alone dealing with T'Challa himself. He needs a few more Klaw level guys in there.

Since T'Challa is himself a super smart character, he probably needs at least one rogue who in theory should be his peer in that regard. Not counting Doom, who really shouldn't be considered T'Challa's rogue at this point.
    I think T'Challa needs less Klaw level bad guys, and more Deathstroke level ones. Guys good enough to exploit a single flaw in his security, or make one, to get at him and hope their own in a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yeah it's very frustrating, but nothing we can do, they will continue to make a presence and we just have to deal, yet I guarantee if we went to threads of characters they appreciated and did the same, the ban hammer would be swift
    Facts. However, we'll just document all the times those individuals do it here and that way we'll have done our due diligence in presenting the evidence of their bait bashing shenanigans when the time comes. At that point if nothing gets done then we can take it up the chain. We'll combat their toxic trolling so that new BP fans unsuspecting of such lurking cancers wouldn't have their experiences here tampered. I figure they'll be on their best behavior for the time being now tho lol
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

Because she just needs an upgrade just like his other rogues and creating new villains just lead to the Being left in limbo because they aren't established and are forgettable, like, I don't expect to ever see Zenzi or Tetu ever again. Comics just needs to follow up with the Zanda upgrades and she golden

I think T'Challa needs less Klaw level bad guys, and more Deathstroke level ones. Guys good enough to exploit a single flaw in his security, or make one, to get at him and hope their own in a fight.
    He sort of already has that in White Wolf though. And Killmonger to a lesser degree. Though I do think both probably need upgrades to some degree.

It's almost weird to say Killmonger needs an upgrade since he's beaten T'Challa several times. If you buy Priest and Hudlin retconning away some of Killmongers zombie loses, he's never really lost to T'Challa. So on paper Killmonger seems fine. But I still can't help but think Killmonger is the slight underdog when they fight, despite his win loss record.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    I agree with all of this... tho i wouldn't mind the risk of Vixen comparisons as much since, for one, Zanda having animal powers that has her zippin and zappin into different animals/creatures mid action is simply a no brainer for the cinematic. i.e. T'Challa running, jumping, bouncing and skybiking after her as she keeps on changing animal forms, in-between fighting her h2h and shape-shifting into Okoye/Nakia/Shuri in every twist and turn... that's a crazy set piece waiting to happen that could rival anything we've seen in comic films, including those Fox Quicksilver scenes.

Secondly, (and unfair to Vixen or not) BP's brand name would skyrocket Zanda's popularity to where Vixen would be the one with the pressure of living up to the new household name and national treasure; assuming Vixen would be getting a cinematic appearance soon. That said, I'd keep it mystic and have it be the best of both worlds (human shifting and animal) so that she is uniquely different from the Skulls and Vixen, and has the added the dimension of martial artists, trickery, etc... pretty much what she is in the cartoon. lol

Ideally, she would be the main antagonist for Okoye and Nakia in the movie. Nakia would be the one to punch her in the face for trying to steal her bae.
    Dude I like this idea and very true. Zanda is the next Azula waiting to happen. I would l be okay with her being THE top tier H2h fighter over both heroes and villains with her powers being a mix of mystique and beast boy.

And yes I would love to see a mcu set piece of T'Challa fighting Zanda as she shape shifts into Okoye, or Shuri,or Nakia, or to really f with him, his mom, or dad. And if Coogler wanted to give Mbjmonger another small Cameo she could change into him too at some point during the fight.

They could really have a ton of fun with it, especially in her debut scene..

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Because she just needs an upgrade just like his other rogues and creating new villains just lead to the Being left in limbo because they aren't established and are forgettable, like, I don't expect to ever see Zenzi or Tetu ever again. Comics just needs to follow up with the Zanda upgrades and she golden
    You can do BOTH, if you do it well.

Priest for example not only used previously established rogues but created several new ones. Malice, White Wolf, and Achebe were all good additions to his rogues gallery (even though they unfortunately did end up in limbo as the next couple writers in large part ignored them). And in addition to creating new ones and reinventing old ones, he even borrowed a few villains from other franchises like Nightshade and Kraven. That can be interesting too in moderation.

Doesn't have to be A, B, or C. The answer can be all of the above. Get a big a pool of rogues as possible, and it creates more options down the line.

Acebe and White Wolf seem like they'd be prime candidates for the sequels, since they are inherently very political and topical.