Page 480 of 744 FirstFirst ... 380430470476477478479480481482483484490530580 ... LastLast
Results 7,186 to 7,200 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Is there a reason people are preemptively freaking out about China, or did I miss something?
    Not freaking out, just being proactive.

Maybe I did freak out if I have invested money in it.
    Last edited by Dboi654; 08-26-2019 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I mean, when you here the super powered polymatch warrior genius king is gone from a country, you immediately abort all plans to try and destroy it, right? lololol

Yeah, it's horrible. Nothing but a bunch of soft scientists and philosophers now.
    I mentioned it last week, but I don't like Acunas' backgrounds either. Looks more like something out of Blade Runner than Wakanda.

BP 15 preview if you care.

https://www.adventuresinpoortaste.co...-panther-15-2/

Nice set up for a perfectly peaceful Wakanda to turn to hell because tchalla comes home

Woot!

Oh, and storm
    So NuKillmonger will follow with his army. Wakanda is going to get wrecked and T'Challa will be blamed cuz everything suddenly became perfect without him. Towards the end NuKillmonger will ascend to god status then get oneshotted by Storm fueled by Wakandan prayer again and everyone will praise her for saving them again while T'Challa continues to not be the hero of the series titled Black Panther.

On another note did Coates even bother addressing what happened with the Originators? Was Klaw responsible for the portals or was it the Adversary? Were they even real or just fakes like the ones made by Klaw in #18?

Popeyes chicken sandwich got that vibranium

they coming for the crown watch out Chick-Fil-A
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post

On another note did Coates even bother addressing what happened with the Originators? Was Klaw responsible for the portals or was it the Adversary? Were they even real or just fakes like the ones made by Klaw in #18?
    I took it as only the last one was fake, klaw taking advantage of the situation. hence why t'challa realized something was wrong and different quickly.

Adversary or whatever QDJ possessed ass was opening portals.

i think
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Isn't popeyes owned by a white lady?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Isn't popeyes owned by a white lady?
    Yup and she used to be the president of KFC

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Except this is the MCU we're talking about. Ragnarok came four years after The Dark World. In the Multiverse of Madness is coming five years after Doctor Strange. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3 is coming four years (most likely) after Vol 2. This happens and will continue to happen the more projects Marvel Studios makes and the more priorities start to shift. The only reason something like the Spider-Man films were going to have a sequel every two years was because it was mandated by Sony.

And are you forgetting that The Dark Knight Rises came out four years after The Dark Knight, the first superhero movie to gross over a billion dollars?

And how is Coogler's schedule not a legitimate concern? The guy is highly sought after. What do you want him to do? Pull out of all of his projects just so he can work on BP2? He said himself that he and his team are taking their time with the movie. It isn't coming in four years because Marvel doesn't care about it. They do, and they've clearly given Ryan enough time and respect to he can deliver.

What's your worry? That after four years people will forget about Black Panther? If you do all I have to say is that's on you, because that's not going to happen, especially if Marvel and Coogler have something big planned for the film and all indications point to that being a high possibility.
    What are these projects Coogler is working on outside of Space Jam 2 (thats already in production)? He's producing a movie with Lakeith Stanfield and Daniel Kaluuya, but again he's not writing or directing. Like with Creed II. He didn't show up to the set giving orders.

Nolan made Inception in between TDK and TDKR. I'd love it if Coogler made another film between BP movies, but thats not the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Three years isn't a "rush". Yea Ragnarok came first and isn't waiting 4 years for a 4th...sequel. I know bowing down to any morsels tossed our way is the new norm but 4 years for a sequel that big isn't the norm. Cooglers schedule isn't a legitimate reason. Nor is budget concerns. If their true concern is waiting for mutants to be available for use then that's weak. Franchise doesn't need them.
    For some reason Marvel hasn't leaked video of Coogler talking at D23. However, I believe someone tweeted that Boseman's schedule was busy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pumbaa View Post
    Attachment 86160Attachment 86161Attachment 86162

Sao Paulo (Brazil), Mumbai (India) or Cape Town (South Africa)

Visually, i think it could be cool if there was an action scene that starts in some James Bond style 5-star hotel and then moves into the City of God style slums. It could highlight how the very wealthy often live right across the street from the extremely poor, which obviously ties into Wakanda's place in Africa and the themes Ryan Coogler has already touched on in the first movie.

But mainly just visually seeing a continuous long take that starts in the lap of luxury and within seconds we're in dirt poor conditions (and maybe heading back and forth) could be a cool visual metaphor.
    Here's the thing..

Is this actual on set location. Or is this making Atlanta look like South Korea? Remember Marvel didn't even let Coogler shoot footage there. Just 2nd unit. If he's still filming most of the stuff in the states...eh
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 08-26-2019 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    What are these projects Coogler is working on outside of Space Jam 2 (thats already in production)? He's producing a movie with Lakeith Stanfield and Daniel Kaluuya, but again he's not writing or directing. Like with Creed II. He didn't show up to the set giving orders.

Nolan made Inception in between TDK and TDKR. I'd love it if Coogler made another film between BP movies, but thats not the case.

For some reason Marvel hasn't leaked video of Coogler talking at D23. However, I believe someone tweeted that Boseman's schedule was busy.

Here's the thing..

Is this actual on set location. Or is this making Atlanta look like South Korea? Remember Marvel didn't even let Coogler shoot footage there. Just 2nd unit. If he's still filming most of the stuff in the states...eh
    On top of the CGI of Wakanda and other visual effects, filming outside various locations might prove to be expensive especially with tax involved with production and other government regulations that would increase cost. However I won't mind Marvel putting some effort in to filming in different to make it more authentic.

Nice set up for a perfectly peaceful Wakanda to turn to hell because tchalla comes home

Woot!

Oh, and storm
    I'm bothered that "peace" cones when tchalla is away, he is back to bitching about being King and mopey, and this prosperity is due the orishas™ who STILL have not been shown to do anything.. 41 freaking issues into this bast damn series and these gods who are responsible for Wakandan success (since heaven forbid Coates acknowledge Wakandans are unique and special own their own) have not made any sort of appearance. But we are supposed to believe they are so great? T'Challa said it Best

Last edited by Ezyo1000; 08-26-2019 at 03:00 PM.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B

[QUOTE=Dboi654;4533511
    On top of the CGI of Wakanda and other visual effects, filming outside various locations might prove to be expensive especially with tax involved with production and other government regulations that would increase cost. However I won't mind Marvel putting some effort in to filming in different to make it more authentic.
    Yea all I'm saying is I wouldn't get my hopes up on shooting locations. Sure they're can be a a few great wide shots taken. However, everything else will feel closed in instead of lived in. Thats the drawback of not filming on those locations.

The car chase was fun. However, the Korea shots felt different than Coogler's style. If 2022 is the release then goal should be a much longer production time. If they start filming may 2021 then we run the risk of something like that happening again.

IW/Endgame had lots of CGI shots that I thought was real locations. However, those films had time.

I hope BP starts shooting mid to late 2020. Gives them more than enough time to craft CGI and shoot on location....if they are truly going all in.

[QUOTE=Klaue's Mixtape;4533555][QUOTE=B

Yea all I'm saying is I wouldn't get my hopes up on shooting locations. Sure they're can be a a few great wide shots taken. However, everything else will feel closed in instead of lived in. Thats the drawback of not filming on those locations.

The car chase was fun. However, the Korea shots felt different than Coogler's style. If 2022 is the release then goal should be a much longer production time. If they start filming may 2021 then we run the risk of something like that happening again.

IW/Endgame had lots of CGI shots that I thought was real locations. However, those films had time.

I hope BP starts shooting mid to late 2020. Gives them more than enough time to craft CGI and shoot on location....if they are truly going all in.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately based on reports, no. Martin Freeman already confirmed it.

However a January 2021 production start for a May 2022 release would be feasible.

Woot!

Oh, and storm
    Acuna's art is good and all but T'Challa and Storm look like cast members from Real Housewives of Atlanta.

They look very off.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post

Him and MBJ are working on the movie about the atlanta school test scandal.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I mentioned it last week, but I don't like Acunas' backgrounds either. Looks more like something out of Blade Runner than Wakanda.
    I like the visuals of Blade Runner as a fan of the cyberpunk genre, but Wakanda shouldn't look like that until 2099 or something like that. Come to think of it, who else is wondering what Wakanda might look like in Marvel 2099, especially with the 2099 event coming this November?
    The spider is always on the hunt.