Page 481 of 744 FirstFirst ... 381431471477478479480481482483484485491531581 ... LastLast
Results 7,201 to 7,215 of 11160

Told you this BP run wasn’t cannon
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I like the visuals of Blade Runner as a fan of the cyberpunk genre, but Wakanda shouldn't look like that until 2099 or something like that. Come to think of it, who else is wondering what Wakanda might look like in Marvel 2099, especially with the 2099 event coming this November?
    Don't mention BP 2099. lol. Kirkman wrote a one shot issue and it was Mayberry level insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Told you this BP run wasn’t cannon
    You got some extra information?? Don't get my hopes up. lol

I like the visuals of Blade Runner as a fan of the cyberpunk genre, but Wakanda shouldn't look like that until 2099 or something like that. Come to think of it, who else is wondering what Wakanda might look like in Marvel 2099, especially with the 2099 event coming this November?
    In a story that I do not recommend, called Black Panther 2099, you can see an interpretation of what the capital city of Wakanda looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Don't mention BP 2099. lol. Kirkman wrote a one shot issue and it was Mayberry level insulting.
    Totally agree. I would say it's kind of worse than what Mayberry did.

Unmentionable along with ultimate panther
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    Totally agree. I would say it's kind of worse than what Mayberry did.
    Invincible is still the greatest comic series I've read, but eversence I read BP 2099, I take an extra close look at any Image Skybound books if I pick them up. lol.

"Excellence" being the current one I'm having issues with. lol

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Yeah, I remember that one, but that was Marvel Knights 2099. I'm talking about the original Marvel 2099 line from the 90s, and with Marvel 2099 returning this coming November, I'm thinking of Wakanda as the one lone holdout against the megacorps dominating the world in that era, having built (or rebuilt) itself into an Afrofuturistic post-cyberpunk borderline techno-utopia compared to the cyberpunk techno-dystopia the rest of the world is trapped in by megacorps like Alchemax. Naturally, Alchemax and the other megacorps want to finally break that stronghold, and colonize Wakanda and claim its abundance for themselves, the exacy reason Wakanda kept itself isolated for so long in the past. Cue the rise of the Black Panther to once more defend and champion Wakanda, but should it be a descendant of T'Challa or Shuri, or should it be, like with most of the other 2099 protagonists, a whole new character in the 2099 Panther Habit without any previous ties to the Black Panther legacy?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Yeah, I remember that one, but that was Marvel Knights 2099. I'm talking about the original Marvel 2099 line from the 90s, and with Marvel 2099 returning this coming November, I'm thinking of Wakanda as the one lone holdout against the megacorps dominating the world in that era, having built (or rebuilt) itself into an Afrofuturistic post-cyberpunk borderline techno-utopia compared to the cyberpunk techno-dystopia the rest of the world is trapped in by megacorps like Alchemax. Naturally, Alchemax and the other megacorps want to finally break that stronghold, and colonize Wakanda and claim its abundance for themselves, the exacy reason Wakanda kept itself isolated for so long in the past. Cue the rise of the Black Panther to once more defend and champion Wakanda, but should it be a descendant of T'Challa or Shuri, or should it be, like with most of the other 2099 protagonists, a whole new character in the 2099 Panther Habit without any previous ties to the Black Panther legacy?
    By 2099, I'd imagine Wakanda left Earth the took the Vb mound with them.

You got some extra information?? Don't get my hopes up. lol
    I'm looking at Avengers, recent Marvel events and Agents of Wakanda. The solo series doesn't add up. Especially with all the Storm appearances when she's off doing X-men stuff
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Acuna's art is good and all but T'Challa and Storm look like cast members from Real Housewives of Atlanta.

They look very off.
    His tchalla is boring. He doesn't have the mystery about him like priests and he doesn't have the swagger like hudlins, he's just... Whiny and boring

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Acuna's art is good and all but T'Challa and Storm look like cast members from Real Housewives of Atlanta.

They look very off.
    This art does look like a step down from the space stuff.

It kept too much of the space feel when back on earth.

Agree on Tchalla and Storm.

Sigh

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Man, when is the last time T'challa smiled in his solo? Or was like... happy? At all?

Yeah, his life kinda sucks, but that is true of all comic super heroes.

Dude got his sister back and did they even smile? hug? dap?

Dude reconciled with his ancestors... did he even fist pump?

Got his girl back and did he do anything but mope and be depressed around her?

Doras back... nope.

Dude is just in a perpetually state of pouty face. Acts like he got 192K in student loans, AC is on the fritz, got 4 kids to feed, wife keeps coming home later and later, and works at a job with a boss that won't get off his ass with a 2 hour commute in a busted up Honda Civic

solo comic T'challa just has none of the regal swagger at all.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Man, when is the last time T'challa smiled in his solo? Or was like... happy? At all?

Yeah, his life kinda sucks, but that is true of all comic super heroes.

Dude got his sister back and did they even smile? hug? dap?

Dude reconciled with his ancestors... did he even fist pump?

Got his girl back and did he do anything but mope and be depressed around her?

Doras back... nope.

Dude is just in a perpetually state of pouty face. Acts like he got 192K in student loans, AC is on the fritz, got 4 kids to feed, wife keeps coming home later and later, and works at a job with a boss that won't get off his ass with a 2 hour commute in a busted up Honda Civic

solo comic T'challa just has none of the regal swagger at all.
    Coates is trying to do brooding Tchalla like Priest did, but that only works for him Batman and Trowa Barton if the character is badass at the same time. Coates Tchalla just has clinical depression.

Coates is trying to do brooding Tchalla like Priest did, but that only works for him Batman and Trowa Barton if the character is badass at the same time. Coates Tchalla just has clinical depression.
    The thing that gets me is, if he wanted to take T'challa towards that, "I don't really want to be king anymore, I want to go do scientist stuff..." he should have had the constitutional council thing have actually teeth, and then sent T'challa exploring.

The book would be more Fantastic Four esque... t'challa being a heroic explorer type. Hell, Eden is perfect for that to drag around lol

Instead, he just doubled down on depression