Page 482 of 744 FirstFirst ... 382432472478479480481482483484485486492532582 ... LastLast
Results 7,216 to 7,230 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    The thing that gets me is, if he wanted to take T'challa towards that, "I don't really want to be king anymore, I want to go do scientist stuff..." he should have had the constitutional council thing have actually teeth, and then sent T'challa exploring.

The book would be more Fantastic Four esque... t'challa being a heroic explorer type. Hell, Eden is perfect for that to drag around lol

Instead, he just doubled down on depression
    But that would have got in the way of building up Storm. Lol.

BANNED

Tech--Shuri (Surih) WWO

The Black Panther and The Dora Milaje

The Royal Black Panther

2018 W.W.O. sketch designs

WWO BP fans will have to wait for "Reluctant Gods" The Final Chapter. 2022 BP Movie? still got Milestone pages ready tho!

Man, when is the last time T'challa smiled in his solo? Or was like... happy? At all?

Yeah, his life kinda sucks, but that is true of all comic super heroes.

Dude got his sister back and did they even smile? hug? dap?

Dude reconciled with his ancestors... did he even fist pump?

Got his girl back and did he do anything but mope and be depressed around her?

Doras back... nope.

Dude is just in a perpetually state of pouty face. Acts like he got 192K in student loans, AC is on the fritz, got 4 kids to feed, wife keeps coming home later and later, and works at a job with a boss that won't get off his ass with a 2 hour commute in a busted up Honda Civic

solo comic T'challa just has none of the regal swagger at all.
    I'd be sad too if Coates wrote my life like this:

I used to run a successful company, best in the world but now the IRS is on my butt. Expenses are high, revenue is flat and everyone blames me.

The board is trying to push me out after I saved the company from almost falling into bankruptcy.

My sister disappeared, joined a cult and came back wearing a bird's nest and smelled like chronic.

Some old dudes and I mean real OG's show up and say that my company belongs to them and they want it back.

My ride or die chick left me and comes back months later after hanging with some weird hippies. She smelled like dog.

I went drinking with some buddies, woke up in some strange country and I didn't know who or where I was.

Some people started going on about some Kunta Kinte isht and I was like wtf? Where the hell am I?

Not to mention that I wrote a screenplay that was made into a highly successful movie.

But the guy writing my biography is frakking it up!

Yeah, I'm not too happy right now.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I'm looking at Avengers, recent Marvel events and Agents of Wakanda. The solo series doesn't add up. Especially with all the Storm appearances when she's off doing X-men stuff
    shes is her red costume which aligns to the costume she is wearing in the current xmen books. its canon.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I think that it's fair to say that there is no chance of Coates even getting yanked off of Black Panther books with Captain America doing okay! Is that weird?

Man, when is the last time T'challa smiled in his solo? Or was like... happy? At all?

Yeah, his life kinda sucks, but that is true of all comic super heroes.

Dude got his sister back and did they even smile? hug? dap?

Dude reconciled with his ancestors... did he even fist pump?

Got his girl back and did he do anything but mope and be depressed around her?

Doras back... nope.

Dude is just in a perpetually state of pouty face. Acts like he got 192K in student loans, AC is on the fritz, got 4 kids to feed, wife keeps coming home later and later, and works at a job with a boss that won't get off his ass with a 2 hour commute in a busted up Honda Civic

solo comic T'challa just has none of the regal swagger at all.
    Hudlin was the last person. He smiled, he laughed, he made deadpan jokes. Dude was legitimately happy, and still a badass.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Muad'Dib View Post
    Tech--Shuri (Surih) WWO

The Black Panther and The Dora Milaje

The Royal Black Panther

2018 W.W.O. sketch designs

WWO BP fans will have to wait for "Reluctant Gods" The Final Chapter. 2022 BP Movie? still got Milestone pages ready tho!
    My man... That Royal panther art is legit fire. Thats the isht I want to see more of

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Hudlin was the last person. He smiled, he laughed, he made deadpan jokes. Dude was legitimately happy, and still a badass.
    "We're are the real X-Men?" is still one of my favorite lines. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I think he joked with his sister a bit in Kingpin of Wakanda lol.

Brooded in the earlier arcs though
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    By 2099, I'd imagine Wakanda left Earth the took the Vb mound with them.
    And that could maybe lead to a better Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda than the one we ended up with. Could even frame it as a commentary on black American northern migration in the early 20th century, when they were fleeing from an extremely inhospitable South.

Coates is trying to do brooding Tchalla like Priest did, but that only works for him Batman and Trowa Barton if the character is badass at the same time. Coates Tchalla just has clinical depression.
    Like Daredevil, then? Funny enough, this has me flashing back to when T'Challa was patrolling Hell's Kitchen after Shadowland. Didn't like the circumstances of how that came about, but it was a pretty respectable run.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Is there a reason people are preemptively freaking out about China, or did I miss something?
    Some folks just gotta find something to complain about.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yeah, I remember that one, but that was Marvel Knights 2099. I'm talking about the original Marvel 2099 line from the 90s, and with Marvel 2099 returning this coming November, I'm thinking of Wakanda as the one lone holdout against the megacorps dominating the world in that era, having built (or rebuilt) itself into an Afrofuturistic post-cyberpunk borderline techno-utopia compared to the cyberpunk techno-dystopia the rest of the world is trapped in by megacorps like Alchemax. Naturally, Alchemax and the other megacorps want to finally break that stronghold, and colonize Wakanda and claim its abundance for themselves, the exacy reason Wakanda kept itself isolated for so long in the past. Cue the rise of the Black Panther to once more defend and champion Wakanda, but should it be a descendant of T'Challa or Shuri, or should it be, like with most of the other 2099 protagonists, a whole new character in the 2099 Panther Habit without any previous ties to the Black Panther legacy?
    I actually read the 2099 books when they first came out. They were basically the 2099 equivalent of Mandalorians, a nation of mercenaries hired for their "genius in the arts of violence". And ALL the mercs took a sacred herb that was "once only taken by the Panther Kings… that widens our eyes, makes stone of our fists and builds storms in our muscles"

(It should be mentioned that these issues came out years before the Priest run even started.)

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    Some folks just gotta find something to complain about.

I actually read the 2099 books when they first came out. They were basically the 2099 equivalent of Mandalorians, a nation of mercenaries hired for their "genius in the arts of violence". And ALL the mercs took a sacred herb that was "once only taken by the Panther Kings… that widens our eyes, makes stone of our fists and builds storms in our muscles"

(It should be mentioned that these issues came out years before the Priest run even started.)
    That's interesting. Most of my 2099 reading experience was limited to Spider-Man, I must admit. Branching out more these days, though.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I think he joked with his sister a bit in Kingpin of Wakanda lol.

Brooded in the earlier arcs though
    He and Luke had a good rapport in Bad Mutha. And he had some light romantic and laughter moments with Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    I think that it's fair to say that there is no chance of Coates even getting yanked off of Black Panther books with Captain America doing okay! Is that weird?
    Even without Captain America, odds are they probably wouldn't consider yanking him off the book unless he was consistantly below 20k. And even then I'm not sure it's likely, if his online and trade sales are solid.

I think he's off the book when he's done.

Coates is trying to do brooding Tchalla like Priest did, but that only works for him Batman and Trowa Barton if the character is badass at the same time. Coates Tchalla just has clinical depression.
    Eh.. I think the T'Challa in the current arc is fairly bad @$$. Though I suppose bad ass can be subjective.