Page 483 of 744 FirstFirst ... 383433473479480481482483484485486487493533583 ... LastLast
Results 7,231 to 7,245 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    Some folks just gotta find something to complain about.

I actually read the 2099 books when they first came out. They were basically the 2099 equivalent of Mandalorians, a nation of mercenaries hired for their "genius in the arts of violence". And ALL the mercs took a sacred herb that was "once only taken by the Panther Kings… that widens our eyes, makes stone of our fists and builds storms in our muscles"

(It should be mentioned that these issues came out years before the Priest run even started.)
    Wasn't complaining but oh well

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That's interesting. Most of my 2099 reading experience was limited to Spider-Man, I must admit. Branching out more these days, though.
    You want Doom 2099, then. In particular the Ellis issues, from #25-39, although Wakanda first appears in issue #11. They've been collected: https://www.amazon.com/Doom-2099-Com.../dp/0785167544

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    Wasn't complaining but oh well
    Sorry, Brother Dboi. It's a reflex action these days. *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    "We're are the real X-Men?" is still one of my favorite lines. lol
    The banter between him and cage were my all time favorites. When he unintentionally blow key dissed Danny in regards to Shang chi.. that was great

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Eh.. I think the T'Challa in the current arc is fairly bad @$$. Though I suppose bad ass can be subjective.
    badass compared to S 1&2? Sure. Badass compared to what we are used to (like JAS avengers, the mk knight mini, rise, previous runs etc)? Not even close

Eh.. I think the T'Challa in the current arc is fairly bad @$$. Though I suppose bad ass can be subjective.
    No, Its more like they talk about him like he is one. He has a few scenes here and there, but it doesn't have that comic book in your face style.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    You want Doom 2099, then. In particular the Ellis issues, from #25-39, although Wakanda first appears in issue #11. They've been collected: https://www.amazon.com/Doom-2099-Com.../dp/0785167544

Sorry, Brother Dboi. It's a reflex action these days. *shrug*
    Thanks for the recommendation. I've heard great stuff about Doom 2099, especially the Warren Ellis issues, and I also like X-Men 2099 and Ghost Rider 2099.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

No, Its more like they talk about him like he is one. He has a few scenes here and there, but it doesn't have that comic book in your face style.
    He's about as in your face as you're gonna get from a cockpit of a space ship. Again though, I suppose it can be subjective.

He's about as in your face as you're gonna get from a cockpit of a space ship. Again though, I suppose it can be subjective.
    Exactly, they should have gotten those guys who make the TIE fighter music video to make it really pop. lol

Exactly, they should have gotten those guys who make the TIE fighter music video to make it really pop. lol
    Paul "OtaKing" Johnson. He's still animating. I believe he's even worked on the Doctor Who reconstructions.

I think what cville is getting at is the fact that they talk him up (tell not show just like the orishas) then show him killing fodder. 15 issues in and he has yet to: even meet N'Jadaka face to face, fight any sort of credible villain be it an established one or a made up one (seriously Coates does a Wakandans in space with a brand new cast and can't be bothered to come up with some strong goons to do do his bidding). Usually if a empire is going to be so dangerous it's going to have a few key players doing the ground work (like say the black order) and being the hand of whoever is in charge, we got nothing.

So when he isn't moping he's being talked up like this legendary warrior, and shown beating up goons or beating up current and former allies... Real badass

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    (seriously Coates does a Wakandans in space with a brand new cast and can't be bothered to come up with some strong goons to do do his bidding). :
    Underated point lol.

Like the wolf thing in Hudlin's run in the arena. Does that thing have any history? nope. Just looks cool, you can feel hes a threat, and it looks cool when he gets his neck snapped.

Coates could have brought in made up beasts in the various fights (seriously, that is a scifi staple. good fodder + a few bigger goon fodder). Or hell, it is an alt reality "future" type story, dude could have brought in other comic people.

Look at aaron's future stories with King Thor. Dude brings in Phoenix Forces and super Doom and Galactus and Necrosword, Loki, ect.

cape comics are fun fantasy bullshit.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

No major feats from BP in Avengers besides the napalm blast from the preview.

spoilers:
    Wakanadan Hulkbuster makes an appearance when it gets possessed but doesn't do much
    end of spoilers

In BP

spoilers:
    T'Challa makes a "galactic bridge"

T'Challa hooks up with Storm

More moping T'Challa

NuKillmonger is said to be dead

The Orisha returned to their followers

Bast is MIA

Eden and Shuri are likely to become a couple by the end of the arc

T'Challa and Eden plan on leaving to fight the empire

NuKillmonger symbiote attacks and swallows some dude at the end
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by KingNomarch; 08-28-2019 at 05:05 AM.

I think Eden and Shuri were confirmed to be a couple in Shuri 1

Is there any idea of the timeline yet? I won't get to read this until later
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I think Eden and Shuri were confirmed to be a couple in Shuri 1

Is there any idea of the timeline yet? I won't get to read this until later
    T'Challa and Eden discussed it, they're just as confused as us.

The BP section of Marvel Comics #1000 was just T'Challa giving a interview that looks like it's set shortly after he revealed Wakanda to the world.