Page 489 of 744 FirstFirst ... 389439479485486487488489490491492493499539589 ... LastLast
Results 7,321 to 7,335 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    If by "forces" you mean "four Hatut Zeraze" yes.

The fact is, Coates has NEVER shown Wakanda's military strength. Even when he did a splash page with tanks & planes (at the end of issue #10) the battle that followed had only a dozen soldiers or so (who ran from guys with spears!) "A nation unleashed", indeed.
    Yeah, Coates first arc definately suffered from lacking scale. Not sure if thats his fault, or the artist or both. Do think that's handled somewhat better in this arc though.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Read the third issue of Coates run. T'Challa took his forces south, leaving the north unprotected. I think by definition that qualifies as your army being stretched too thin.
    The issue where tchalla and FOUR HZ go against tetu and zenzi? He didn't take an entire force. Like I said, there is talk of the army being stretched thin, but it's never shown. It's off panel how they are so stretched for man power. Read it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    The issue where tchalla and FOUR HZ go against tetu and zenzi? He didn't take an entire force. Like I said, there is talk of the army being stretched thin, but it's never shown. It's off panel how they are so stretched for man power. Read it again.
    The way you show his forces being stretched too thin is basically by showing everything that slipped through the cracks. Which is what we got. We got the North being attacked with no one coming to their aid. It wasn't that the Jabari overcame the Wakandan military in the north to terrorize those woman... it's that they got zero support from the government while it was happening. The govenment at the time simply couldn't do what it ideally needed to. Hence the Doras picking up the slack.

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    He’s ready to take that step with Nakia because that’s who he’s become familiar with. While Storm face and presence haunts him, he clearly says he doesn’t know her name. Nakia represents the tangible. He can touch her. He knows she’s real. Storm was nothing more than a powerful memory that he couldn’t escape. It doesn’t makes sense for Coates to build Storm into this legendary being called the Hadari Yao, only to smash it all to bits. RotBP clearly illustrates that she is tied to his lands and his people. Coates didn’t even write that, but he made it clear.
    It's pretty obvious. He should not of done that with Storm. Not only in doing that did he throw T'Challa and Wakanda under the bus for a cheap ass pull at the very end of the arc, but it's something that nowhere else even acknowledges even happened. Hell actually I take that back, I think in an xbook they took a pot shot at that. BP isn't the book to be focusing and giving all these feats to characters who don't even belong to the mythos. So far feats have been given to Eden Storm and freaking Thunderball. Also rise was done by Evan narcisse and he was making all the continuity consolidated over the years

The way you show his forces being stretched too thin is basically by showing everything that slipped through the cracks. Which is what we got. We got the North being attacked with no one coming to their aid. It wasn't that the Jabari overcame the Wakandan military in the north to terrorize those woman... it's that they got zero support from the government while it was happening. The govenment at the time simply couldn't do what it ideally needed to. Hence the Doras picking up the slack.
    how you show it is by having on panel, the army all over the place. What we got was twitter posts and later in the arc a mention of it. He basically decided "wakanda is in turmoil and low on manpower without doing the work of showing it. What he did was lazy writing

He’s ready to take that step with Nakia because that’s who he’s become familiar with. While Storm face and presence haunts him, he clearly says he doesn’t know her name. Nakia represents the tangible. He can touch her. He knows she’s real. Storm was nothing more than a powerful memory that he couldn’t escape. It doesn’t makes sense for Coates to build Storm into this legendary being called the Hadari Yao, only to smash it all to bits. RotBP clearly illustrates that she is tied to his lands and his people. Coates didn’t even write that, but he made it clear.
    How did that happen? I remember him running into her while he was hunting the Hyena clan near Kenya. Then they went there separate ways after. Or am I misremembering something?

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    how you show it is by having on panel, the army all over the place. What we got was twitter posts and later in the arc a mention of it. He basically decided "wakanda is in turmoil and low on manpower without doing the work of showing it. What he did was lazy writing
    Showing the army all over the place effectively means that they're NOT short staffed because they have an army all over the place. It's situations where there is ZERO government assistance that you're really short handed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    That's what I said. She was holding back. He was ready to go. All she had to do was channel Floetry and "Say Yes".

Nothing on panel to confirm, but I think it started before he to his multiyear vacation on Hoth. Because there's no reason to tell her about living with her after the war if something hadn't already been going on and they called it off. But he planted that last seed for later. lol
    Regardless of what truly happened between them, I do not see a happily ever after for them. In issue #5, she optimistically claimed that it was not too late for them to have a future once he is whole again. However, with the current issue, where T'Challa, who has all of is memories back, was going to apologize for not further being willing to entertain this fantasy of being with her. In my perspective, this was his newfound decision or a response to what she once said. T'Challa was basically saying that he is no longer not playing with a full deck and that Nakia is regrettably not a priority card to play for the future direction of his life unlike his family, his kingdom and Storm.

HeÂ’s ready to take that step with Nakia because thatÂ’s who heÂ’s become familiar with. While Storm face and presence haunts him, he clearly says he doesnÂ’t know her name. Nakia represents the tangible. He can touch her. He knows sheÂ’s real. Storm was nothing more than a powerful memory that he couldnÂ’t escape. It doesnÂ’t makes sense for Coates to build Storm into this legendary being called the Hadari Yao, only to smash it all to bits. RotBP clearly illustrates that she is tied to his lands and his people. Coates didnÂ’t even write that, but he made it clear.
    Indeed. The author clearly has an high opinion of her and it shows when he listed some of Black Panther's accomplisments, only one was not a combat feat/outmaneuvering feat and it was having Ororo Munroe beside him on the throne.

Quote Originally Posted by XJlock View Post
    Regardless of what truly happened between them, I do not see a happily ever after for them. In issue #5, she optimistically claimed that it was not too late for them to have a future once he is whole again. However, with the current issue, where T'Challa, who has all of is memories back, was going to apologize for not further being willing to entertain this fantasy of being with her. In my perspective, this was his newfound decision or a response to what she once said. T'Challa was basically saying that he is no longer not playing with a full deck and that Nakia is regrettably not a priority card to play for the future direction of his life unlike his family, his kingdom and Storm.

Indeed. The author clearly has an high opinion of her and it shows when he listed some of Black Panther's accomplisments, only one was not a combat feat/outmaneuvering feat and it was having Ororo Munroe beside him on the throne.

That's not even a feat. That just Coates wanting to write a solo bias. How is that an accomplishment. Lol.

That's not even a feat. That just Coates wanting to write a solo bias. How is that an accomplishment. Lol.
    I think plenty of guys in the MU would argue managing to snag Storm is a heck of a feat.

The real reason that it is an accomplisment is more likely what you said. Storywise, I believe those responsible for this compilation were just grateful with a trace of bias for what she had done recently for the country. Other than that, I was perplexed when I read this specific part back then.
    Last edited by XJlock; 08-28-2019 at 09:16 PM.

I think plenty of guys in the MU would argue managing to snag Storm is a heck of a feat.
    I'll say this for BKiss. Wolverine didnt even think about her when he died. What your talking about is a feat guys talk about when they go out drinking.

"Feats" is a strange way to measure the quality of a book.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    "Feats" is a strange way to measure the quality of a book.
    Same way we've been doing it for decades. Characters need feats so I can win arguments against other fandoms.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Here's an example of what I'm talking about, though it's from season 1:

"We began in hunger--hunger for our own freedom. Then that freedom hungered for the freedom of others. Then that greater freedom hungered for a home."

Who the hell talks like this in a conversation? This is the kind of stuff you see in poetry or in a novel narration, not a conversation. And I wouldn't have so much of a problem if EVERYONE didn't talk like that. Wakandans are warriors, not poets and philosophers.

Everybody in Coates book sounds like they're reading a short story they wrote for a literature workshop. Even in this issue Storm uses "for" instead of because, which is more formal and proper. I get Storm thinks of herself as a goddess but even she doesn't talk like that.
    "Wakandans are warriors, not poets and philosophers"

Says who? The most advanced civilization on earth that doesnt have a war hungry country and warriors that are for self defense is going to be more prone to intellectual discussion than not. They arent a bunch of football players.
    Last edited by RDMXV; 08-29-2019 at 12:17 AM.