Page 491 of 744 FirstFirst ... 391441481487488489490491492493494495501541591 ... LastLast
Results 7,351 to 7,365 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    So, what is the theory about symbiote anyway?

Did is somehow absorb nukillmongers consciousness? Are we gonna find out how it didn't get blown to bits or is that off panel too? Is it gonna find regular killmongers body and resurrect him?
    I was thinking about that this morning. When Venom was with Gargan he was a murder machine, but Gargan himself didnt seem that crazy going by his Thunderbolt days. Now the symbiote is mellow after his time with Flash I guess. It might be that the emperor was so fearful and angry towards Tchalla, that is will carry over to whoever it possesses next. Or it's just a temporary host until it gets normal killmongers body.

Also gotta see if the symbiote keep the portion of Bast power the it took. Because if that plot line gets dropped issue #6 goes from a 7 to a 4 for wasting time. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Also gotta see if the symbiote keep the portion of Bast power the it took. Because if that plot line gets dropped issue #6 goes from a 7 to a 4 for wasting time. Lol
    I imagine it will, just so that it can be enough of a plot device to somehow resurrect the 616 Killmonger. I ASSUME that's endgame here.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I am going to hope against hope that T'challa defeating God Mode Symbiote Killmonger (somehow lol) releases that power back to Bast and she returns, forever grateful (or a sassy ******* lol). At worse, it can be Coates continuing to put the pieces back together so the next writer can take over a year ish from now with everything ready.

at least Coates has refrained from killing off people so far.

Current hopeful against hope head canon theory is that the remaining power Bast has, she gives to T'challa to upgrade and fight God Mode Symbiote Killmonger. Like a Pokemon Megaevolution lol

Or a strong lecture might work. Storm, Ayo. Aneka, and Shuri can probably take him out.
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 08-29-2019 at 07:52 AM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I am going to hope against hope that T'challa defeating God Mode Symbiote Killmonger (somehow lol) releases that power back to Bast and she returns, forever grateful (or a sassy ******* lol). At worse, it can be Coates continuing to put the pieces back together so the next writer can take over a year ish from now with everything ready.

Current hopeful against hope head canon theory is that the remaining power Bast has, she gives to T'challa to upgrade and fight God Mode Symbiote Killmonger. Like a Pokemon Megaevolution lol

Or a strong lecture might work. Storm, Ayo. Aneka, and Shuri can probably take him out.
    Nice thing about this Killmonger is that it's one T'Challa can flat out beat, without having to worry about ending the 616 Killmongers undefeated streak.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    He DID show the army trying to quell the rebellion ... that's what was happening when he went to gave Tetu in the south. But because his forces were stretched thin they could not adequately protect the people in the north. The Doras ended up doing that. That's issue 3 in s nutshell.
    No... It's not. Issue 3 doesn't show any of that. T'Challa didn't take "His forces" to the south to face tetu. He took 4 guys. Which he has the robed guys, the Wakandan army, and the HZ at his disposal. He didn't show the army stretched thin. And the people who were attacked were the ones aneka and ayo freed. It wasn't the entire north section of wakanda. If you think that issue 3 showed any of that then I better start calling you Mr. Fantastic

Honestly, I'm sick of this whole "pray to people for dumbass god power boost" nonsense that Coates have weaved into the mythos. O don't want no one praying to Storm, T'Challa or bast granting him her power. Dude took on TBG and won while he himself was diminished in power, beat mephisto, took on symbiods, Thanos, outsmarted Galactus, god doom, overpowered the Tiger god... Just give me THAT T'Challa, the one who fights above his weight class consistently and wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    No... It's not. Issue 3 doesn't show any of that. T'Challa didn't take "His forces" to the south to face tetu. He took 4 guys. Which he has the robed guys, the Wakandan army, and the HZ at his disposal. He didn't show the army stretched thin. And the people who were attacked were the ones aneka and ayo freed. It wasn't the entire north section of wakanda. If you think that issue 3 showed any of that then I better start calling you Mr. Fantastic
    Yeah, but the point is that the people in the North were attacked and no one was there to help them. You have to remember that this is being told within the narrative that the army is being stretched thin. We're told the army is stretched thin, these people are attacked, and they are saying no one came to help. It all fits together. It's not that T'Challa had forces there who just happened to be looking in the wrong direction when the people in the North were attacked. The point of the scene was that things were slipping through the cracks, and the Doras were filling in those cracks. They formed their rebellion by servicing the people who weren't getting the help they needed. That's why we're being shown these people in the first place. They weren't just randomly thrown in for the heck of it.

Oh BTW, T'challa is now represents Midgard on the Asguardians congress of worlds or whatever

so add that title to the list lol

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Oh BTW, T'challa is now represents Midgard on the Asguardians congress of worlds or whatever

so add that title to the list lol
    Thor solo?

Read the third issue of Coates run. T'Challa took his forces south, leaving the north unprotected. I think by definition that qualifies as your army being stretched too thin.
    He DID show the army trying to quell the rebellion ... that's what was happening when he went to gave Tetu in the south. But because his forces were stretched thin they could not adequately protect the people in the north. The Doras ended up doing that. That's issue 3 in s nutshell.
    Yeah, but the point is that the people in the North were attacked and no one was there to help them. You have to remember that this is being told within the narrative that the army is being stretched thin. We're told the army is stretched thin, these people are attacked, and they are saying no one came to help. It all fits together. It's not that T'Challa had forces there who just happened to be looking in the wrong direction when the people in the North were attacked. The point of the scene was that things were slipping through the cracks, and the Doras were filling in those cracks. They formed their rebellion by servicing the people who weren't getting the help they needed. That's why we're being shown these people in the first place. They weren't just randomly thrown in for the heck of it.
    Find me ONE PANEL showing the Wakandan army... not a squad of HZ, not two guys in black robes with spears.. doing ANYTHING in season 1. Hell, even in issue #11, the supposed final battle against Tetu, the army seemed composed of a handful of GI: JOE-looking greenshirts that ran screaming from a handful of unarmed guys with glowing green eyes. If we believe Coates, the sole extent of the Wakandan military are about a dozen guys who couldn't fight off a Boy Scout troop.

A far cry from this:

The thing is, particularly in that first arc, Coates wanted to tell a specific story, but didn't want to put in the work to justify any of it.

We were TOLD that the army was stretched thin. We were TOLD that things were so bad outside the city that warlords were able to carve out their own little pleasure treehouses. We were TOLD that M'baku's brother was villainous enough to justify killing.

Told. Told. Told.

But when the time came to actually CONFRONT any of it, the payoff was always frighteningly easy. Zenzi's mind-control (or whatever it was... he kept redefining it) was defeated by a Wakandan TED Talk. The unrest in Wakanda... just sort of went away. The Jabari... lost their sovereignty so the Midnight Angels could steal a homeland. And since then, all they've done is show up when the battle is over.

But wait! He's told a generic space opera story! That's SO groundbreaking! I love the epic battles... that we were TOLD about. "D

Remind me, who is the chick with Panthers on leash?????

Madam Slay?

Okoye in the Dora uniform that she and Nakia wore a few times

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    Find me ONE PANEL showing the Wakandan army... not a squad of HZ, not two guys in black robes with spears.. doing ANYTHING in season 1. Hell, even in issue #11, the supposed final battle against Tetu, the army seemed composed of a handful of GI: JOE-looking greenshirts that ran screaming from a handful of unarmed guys with glowing green eyes. If we believe Coates, the sole extent of the Wakandan military are about a dozen guys who couldn't fight off a Boy Scout troop.

A far cry from this:

The thing is, particularly in that first arc, Coates wanted to tell a specific story, but didn't want to put in the work to justify any of it.

We were TOLD that the army was stretched thin. We were TOLD that things were so bad outside the city that warlords were able to carve out their own little pleasure treehouses. We were TOLD that M'baku's brother was villainous enough to justify killing.

Told. Told. Told.

But when the time came to actually CONFRONT any of it, the payoff was always frighteningly easy. Zenzi's mind-control (or whatever it was... he kept redefining it) was defeated by a Wakandan TED Talk. The unrest in Wakanda... just sort of went away. The Jabari... lost their sovereignty so the Midnight Angels could steal a homeland. And since then, all they've done is show up when the battle is over.

But wait! He's told a generic space opera story! That's SO groundbreaking! I love the epic battles... that we were TOLD about. "D
    THe show comes from SEEING the actual tree houses, and seeing M'Baku attacking people with a giant metal ape suit. We're not just told this stuff, it's a part of the story.

And mind control is broken by passionate speeches in comic books (and fiction in general) all the time.

Did the unrest in Wakanda lessened when people got what they wanted. The actual rebellions were forcibly put down, the Doras got the freedom they wanted, and the people were now allowed to elect their leadership. Giving everyone what they ask for is a pretty easy way of ending unrest.