Page 494 of 744 FirstFirst ... 394444484490491492493494495496497498504544594 ... LastLast
Results 7,396 to 7,410 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    So....how would we define Shadow Physics and the NoWhere room if it were up to us.

I think some of the tech Hickman used early on in NA could be an extension of Shadow Physics.

Some short range teleportation, some cloaking/chameleon, some energy absorption.

He should already be able to see all spectrums of light and should detect any cloaked figures.

Energy daggers should be able to take any form, from blade to bo-staff to sword to shields.

They should have some disruption abilities.

Limited resistance to magic and safeguards against telepathy.

Vibranium should be an anathema to minor demons, vampires, undead, etc.
    I just think of it as a means of unlimited teleportation. But he could also summon tech to himself because its not organic. So he doesnt have to carry the light saber or Hulk panther around, he would just summon it like in the IDW book. But that's just my theory.

Could also be a step in the the direction of ZPM power source like in Stargate.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Bast should naturally take care of that. Should be built in feature lol. Basts avatar = you get in T'challa's mind, you **** with Bast.

Or the fact that he is connected ot all previous panthers. Should be a mephisto situation. Wanna F with tchalla's mind, you mess with generations of PAnther spirits.

Or hell... all captain america does is go, "derp derp my will power is stronger!" So, just do that. Cap completely stonewalled omega level Quinten Quire for godsake.

But naw, coates gives him tech for it. Because all telepaths give you plenty of time for you to press a button when theywanna mess with your brain lol
    isht JA already took care of that in original sin when Emma tried to get into T'Challas mind and she described it as "A steel bear trap wrapped in barbwire that's on fire" all on his own. No tech, just his own mental defense through his rigorous training

Bast should naturally take care of that. Should be built in feature lol. Basts avatar = you get in T'challa's mind, you **** with Bast.

Or the fact that he is connected ot all previous panthers. Should be a mephisto situation. Wanna F with tchalla's mind, you mess with generations of PAnther spirits.

Or hell... all captain america does is go, "derp derp my will power is stronger!" So, just do that. Cap completely stonewalled omega level Quinten Quire for godsake.

But naw, coates gives him tech for it. Because all telepaths give you plenty of time for you to press a button when theywanna mess with your brain lol
    If only we could trust Bast.....

I'd rather rely on the connection to previous Panthers or have the tech built in so he doesn't need to press any buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    isht JA already took care of that in original sin when Emma tried to get into T'Challas mind and she described it as "A steel bear trap wrapped in barbwire that's on fire" all on his own. No tech, just his own mental defense through his rigorous training
    If only we could trust Bast.....

I'd rather rely on the connection to previous Panthers or have the tech built in so he doesn't need to press any buttons.

Defending against telepathy doesn't actually REQUIRE tech. In fact, it's apparently a standard part of the curriculum at the X-School (whatever it's called these days).

If Sunspot can mount a reasonable psychic defense, T'Challa, who has one of the strongest wills in the Marvel U., should be able to do it without recourse to science, his ancestral lineage, or divine intervention:

That scan reminds me of them continuing to whitewash Sunspot smh. That and his appearance in the main Al Ewing story in Marvel #1000.

So....how would we define Shadow Physics and the NoWhere room if it were up to us.

I think some of the tech Hickman used early on in NA could be an extension of Shadow Physics.

Some short range teleportation, some cloaking/chameleon, some energy absorption.

He should already be able to see all spectrums of light and should detect any cloaked figures.

Energy daggers should be able to take any form, from blade to bo-staff to sword to shields.

They should have some disruption abilities.

Limited resistance to magic and safeguards against telepathy.

Vibranium should be an anathema to minor demons, vampires, undead, etc.
    Didn't he do something similar when Emma frost tried to get into his head?

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    Defending against telepathy doesn't actually REQUIRE tech. In fact, it's apparently a standard part of the curriculum at the X-School (whatever it's called these days).

If Sunspot can mount a reasonable psychic defense, T'Challa, who has one of the strongest wills in the Marvel U., should be able to do it without recourse to science, his ancestral lineage, or divine intervention:

Heh, who's writing him? Zenzi affected him with no problem.

Yeah, T'Challa should have the mental skills and will to resist telepathy. That should be standard no matter what.
    Last edited by Marvell2100; 08-30-2019 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    Didn't he do something similar when Emma frost tried to get into his head?
    Yes, he did. He kicked one of the most powerful telepaths out of his head during Original Sin.

Zenzi apparently is more powerful than Emma.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadey View Post
    That scan reminds me of them continuing to whitewash Sunspot smh. That and his appearance in the main Al Ewing story in Marvel #1000.
    At this rate he'll be Irish in a matter of months.

Given the Shadow King was able to telepathically control Tchalla, anti-telepathy tech is a reasonable precaution.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadey View Post
    That's actually a Ewing scene, specifically from U.S. Avengers #6.

Heh, who's writing him? Zenzi affected him with no problem.

Yeah, T'Challa should have the mental skills and will to resist telepathy. That should be standard no matter what.
    See above.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Given the Shadow King was able to telepathically control Tchalla, anti-telepathy tech is a reasonable precaution.
    Well, Shadow King is pretty much useless as a villain if he can't control the hero. What else could he do, annoy people by singing "'Enry the Eighth" while they are trying to sleep?

At this rate he'll be Irish in a matter of months.
    He's currently dead, although with Hickman running roughshod over continuity over in HoX/PoX, that may no longer be true.

(Which is rather unfortunate, as I really wanted to see what Ewing would do with that "Citizen X" thing.)

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    He's currently dead, although with Hickman running roughshod over continuity over in HoX/PoX, that may no longer be true.

(Which is rather unfortunate, as I really wanted to see what Ewing would do with that "Citizen X" thing.)
    Sunspot died? Geez ... I knew him leaving the Avengers franchise for the X-Men again probably wouldn't do him any favors, but it was worse than I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Sunspot died? Geez ... I knew him leaving the Avengers franchise for the X-Men again probably wouldn't do him any favors, but it was worse than I thought.
    Yeah, he was killed off in the last run before Hickman, along with quite a few others, like Rahne, Strong Guy & Chamber.