Page 5 of 744 FirstFirst 1234567891555105505 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    The clear difference is one show was ran by someone (Mr. Thorne) who viewed T'Challa as more capable than previous show runners. Same reason why Captain America (or Batman) will have a similar degree of strong character protection across multiple shows, whether solo or team-oriented; those show runners had their bias of hierarchy, whether personal or from the powers that be. This also occurs in the team books as well, of course.
    I don't know if I'd go for "more capable" then previous showrunners since past shows had T'Challa clean the clocks of the entire team when he first met them and be their most effective member (EMH) while past seasons of Assemble had him still be as uber-competent as ever.

I don't know if Cap is really a character I'd say have any character protection on these shows unless you're under the thought process that Cap should be outclassed by anyone he's on a team on. I'd say Cap is handled as fairly as any other character in terms of portrayal, although maybe he's not as prone to plot-induced stupidity and inconsistent characteirzation as certain other characters (Cough)Iron Man, Hawkeye (Cough).
    And of course now that BP has his elite-level popularity, it's now in the best interest of many to cater to the character in general. Hence Aaron's current Avengers run and likely any future Avengers cartoons and movies in the next MCU phase.
    I'm sure Black Panther will continue to be a main member of Avengers team's moving forward, although I suspect his appearances will not all be exactly like his depiction in the current cartoon unless they have him as the leader (which necessitates him getting more screentime and lead character status compared to other team members).
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Can’t wait for the new season of BP quest. But am I the only one thinking that Black Widow could be Zanda in disguise? There has to be a reason why she was so quick to blame T’Challa about what happened to Cap.
    It being Zanda in disguise is the only way it makes sense how she could so badly misinterpret what happened to Cap.
    However, BP not needing Cap's "ok" to go back to Wakanda (and not being indecisive about it) shouldn't be dependent on BP having a solo cartoon. lmao. Cap gets character protection on every platform because he has white american guys who go-to-bat for him on all platforms, just like the Russos do in the movies.
    Characterization is probably a factor too. EMH T'Challa was a very zen and humble individual, who was a king and Avenger very early into his career, so I think how he reacted or played into the team would be different from Redjack's Panther who was a king longer and had a different dynamic with the team and has more of an edge to him.

Although contrast that to the Secret Invasion arc where he had a longer tenure as both king and Avenger and then basically abandoned the team for Wakanda once the Skrulls were revealed.

Killmonger was dope and Marvel Knights was great

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I hope not! Don't ruin Zanda's breakout moment!
    Zanda is a national treasure as is lol
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

Quote Originally Posted by Montez View Post
    Panther had a pretty good showing in Marvel Knights..
    spoilers:
    Stalemates Punisher, Daredevil, and Elektra 3 on 1? among other badassery
    end of spoilers

I told yall this was a BP mini

BPvsDP started off hot and cooled down a bit (still scorching)

Marvel Knights started off like paint drying but then turned into fireworks

I forget what my projected rankings were for these upcoming BP minis a few months back but Marvel Knights may sneak into first at the finish line!
    Black Panther vs Thor

I'm loving the art on the BP/DP mini!! If there is ever another BP mini or ongoing...can this guy do it please?

Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by ArsonoptiX View Post
    So...IF we got a new Panther series...what would people want to see? I'd kill to see BP's from history and a real focus on the Panthers of the 21st century because WWI and WWII could be woven in. Combine that with some Golden/Silver age characters (the already mentioned Namor/Cap for examples) and how the world would be rather dumbfounded about these Black dudes just wrecking shop would be comics gold.
    Actually, my idea is almost the exact opposite. I'd want to see the book avoid looking back, and instead focus on really leaning into that Afro-futuristic James Bond vibe. As part of this, I'd like a solid moritorium on using any of the usual BP rogues (no Killmonger, no Klaw, etc) and instead get a globe-spanning adventure where T'Challa, aided by his sister and M'baku (because why not?) have to confront a Machiavellian mastermind who MIGHT just be as good a strategist as BP himself.

Villains I wouldn't like to see: HYDRA, Red Skull, Doom, AIM, Fenris or Baron Zemo (assuming he's evil this week).

I rather like the idea of a new Mandarin, someone who really embodies 21st-century China. But it may be a bit too on the nose.

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    Actually, my idea is almost the exact opposite. I'd want to see the book avoid looking back, and instead focus on really leaning into that Afro-futuristic James Bond vibe. As part of this, I'd like a solid moritorium on using any of the usual BP rogues (no Killmonger, no Klaw, etc) and instead get a globe-spanning adventure where T'Challa, aided by his sister and M'baku (because why not?) have to confront a Machiavellian mastermind who MIGHT just be as good a strategist as BP himself.

Villains I wouldn't like to see: HYDRA, Red Skull, Doom, AIM, Fenris or Baron Zemo (assuming he's evil this week).

I rather like the idea of a new Mandarin, someone who really embodies 21st-century China. But it may be a bit too on the nose.
    What about the 10 Rings (introduced in Ironheart 1)?

I agree with staying away from the BP rogues...I always enjoy a good T'challa /Namor chess match but that one needs to either be totally resolved or done away with for a good while.
    I like the Winter Guard tension wouldn't mind them showing up.

Or hell, make some new adversaries. Going with the spy vibe I'm sure lots of nations would be on alarm so there is lots of potential for conflict from lots of places and new organizations could be utilized. So the question: super villains or more "real world" foes to help sell the super agent vibe.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    You're a rumbles board guy, so i ask you this: [spoilers]

spoilers:
    If T'Challa w/o suit can stalemate DD, Punisher, and Elektra... and DD > Bullseye > Elektra... but Bullseye>>>>Killmonger (without chicken pox), Knight, King, token hispanic guy (RIP)... then, by virtuate of ABC theory, does that then mean T'Challa >>> Killmonger??
    end of spoilers

Black Panther vs Thor

And if that is the case, then the addition of chicken pox >>>>>> the addition of a BP habit?
    Black Panther vs Thor

The EMH showrunners protecting Cap from being owned compared to the rest of the Avengers during EMH Panther's intro/showcase was obvious. So was having that garbage introduction fight between BP and Cap in Ultimate Avengers 2, which was far more egregious. And, of course, EMH BP needing Cap's "ok" to go back to Wakanda, like Steve is the down white guy that makes it ok to do something lol.

But of course when ppl are indoctrinated into this for so long they see it as normalized/acceptable happenstance. Its even worse with the d-riding Batman gets (because he's batman!). As a result, when BP gets something approaching preferential treatment in whatever medium, ppl get uncomfortable because they're not used to seeing such perks given to a character that looks like T'Challa (he's OP!!!!), and have to look for a reason to justify it other than accepting it as the character, like they accept with others. Not unlike how they never think of how a token black person in a sea of ___ faces feels until they find themselves as the one token ___ guy in a sea of black faces.

So certain details in Panther Quest, like seeing Cap place his hand on BP's shoulder and BP looking at it in disgust before Cap takes his hand off (and later, when Shuri keeps her hand there), or BP boldly telling an irate Thor "Wakanda tech is a match for anything" are the subtle things that elevate BP's characterization; it's clear to folks, especially black folks, that whoever is behind the scenes is well aware of the noble negro/magical negro tropes and isn't playing that noise here.
    Black Panther vs Thor

You're a rumbles board guy, so i ask you this: [spoilers]

spoilers:
    If T'Challa w/o suit can stalemate DD, Punisher, and Elektra... and DD > Bullseye > Elektra... but Bullseye>>>>Killmonger (without chicken pox), Knight, King, token hispanic guy (RIP)... then, by virtuate of ABC theory, does that then mean T'Challa >>> Killmonger??
    end of spoilers

Weird thing about Rumbles (at least on this forum) is none of that stuff really matters unless it happens A LOT.

All that matters is top end feats.

But, it is good to see at least one writer finally realized T'challa should whoop those dudes ass like that... even without the kitty suit.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

The EMH showrunners protecting Cap from being owned compared to the rest of the Avengers during EMH Panther's intro/showcase was obvious. So was having that garbage introduction fight between BP and Cap in Ultimate Avengers 2, which was far more egregious. And, of course, EMH BP needing Cap's "ok" to go back to Wakanda, like Steve is the down white guy that makes it ok to do something lol.

But of course when ppl are indoctrinated into this for so long they see it as normalized/acceptable happenstance. Its even worse with the d-riding Batman gets (because he's batman!). As a result, when BP gets something approaching preferential treatment in whatever medium, ppl get uncomfortable because they're not used to seeing such perks given to a character that looks like T'Challa (he's OP!!!!), and have to look for a reason to justify it other than accepting it as the character, like they accept with others. Not unlike how they never think of how a token black person in a sea of ___ faces feels until they find themselves as the one token ___ guy in a sea of black faces.

So certain details in Panther Quest, like seeing Cap place his hand on BP's shoulder and BP looking at it in disgust before Cap takes his hand off (and later, when Shuri keeps her hand there), or BP boldly telling an irate Thor "Wakanda tech is a match for anything" are the subtle things that elevate BP's characterization; it's clear to folks, especially black folks, that whoever is behind the scenes is well aware of the noble negro/magical negro tropes and isn't playing that noise here.
    Unfans still need that reminder that BP is badass despite what's happening in the solo.

Sometimes, BP fans need that reminder too after 2 years of Bland Panther. Ugh.

Can we reboot the comic too?
    Ahhhahahaahaahhahaahaaha....😂 . (walks away content)

[COLOR="#000080"]Unfans still need that reminder that BP is badass despite what's happening in the solo.

Sometimes, BP fans need that reminder too after 2 years of Bland Panther. Ugh.[
    /COLOR]
    Let this thread serve as Bast's chapel then; whenever a BP fan feels like they're losing their way, the path back to salvation is just a few clicks (or a saved tab) away.
    Black Panther vs Thor