Page 500 of 744 FirstFirst ... 400450490496497498499500501502503504510550600 ... LastLast
Results 7,486 to 7,500 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    He's more likely to flood NYC. In the comics, he's done that before (quite often... for a while it was like his go-to for a lazy Sunday afternoon. )

In any case, if he attacks the US, it's not exactly Wakanda's problem. It might be an _Avengers_ problem (assuming the Richards family has not yet been introduced) but last time I checked, T'challa wasn't actually a member of the team in the movies. He's treated more like an an ally.
    If this were to hypothetically take place in an Avengers movie then yeah... it absolutely 100% would be in NY. Everything BIG happens in NY. But if hypothetically this were to take place in a BP movie, then they MIGHT wanna avoid NY just so it doesn't turn into an Avengers movie. Oakland would make it a Wakandan problem in addition an obvious US one, and possibly make it personal for him if someone he cares about like Shuri is there. If anything that major happens in NY, you start wondering where all the other super heroes are.

That doesn't make it PERSONAL, though. The premise that "Black Panther battles Namor because Atlantis accidentally killed some Wakandans while attacking the US" sounds _incredibly_ forced. It reminds me of a Rob Liefeld TV interview I saw once where he "created" a couple of new characters on the spot, and then said something along the lines of: "Now we need to find an excuse for them to fight.".
    T'chaka only got involved in CW because some wakandan's got blown up *shrug*
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Incredible Member

Unless Achebe is some how manipulating Namor im with it .if not keep him away from BP2 give me moses magnum

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    Unless Achebe is some how manipulating Namor im with it .if not keep him away from BP2 give me moses magnum
    That is the worst case scenario though.

That means you have to jip screen time of Achebe or any of T'challa's supporting characters (okoye, shuri, mbaku, nakia, ramonda, w'kabi, ross) just to spend all that time making Namor a character.... just to go "lol it was a mistake!" and move on.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I'm assuming, if they go with Wakanda fighting Atlantis, they'd likely work something like the Serpent Crown in the mix. Wakanda has something Namor wants, Atlantis has something that Wakanda doesn't think they should have. I don't know. They're creative people and could figure it out if they went that route, which I'm not sure they should.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I'm assuming, if they go with Wakanda fighting Atlantis, they'd likely work something like the Serpent Crown in the mix. Wakanda has something Namor wants, Atlantis has something that Wakanda doesn't think they should have. I don't know. They're creative people and could figure it out if they went that route, which I'm not sure they should.
    Potentially they could link this all to the Gods I suppose, Egyptian ones in particular. Bast obviously is the god of Wakanda. Moon Knight is coming out, which potentially introduces Khonshu. Serpent Crown is obviously linked to the Elder God Set rather than the Egyptian God Seth... but it wouldn't be the biggest retcon in the world if they took out the "h" at the end of his name.

Course, that would necessitate the MCU acknowledging that there are in fact gods. So far we just have Asgardians, who are really just avanced long lived aliens. Maybe the Eternals will start the ball rolling with real gods.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    T'chaka only got involved in CW because some wakandan's got blown up *shrug*
    I'm pretty sure the fact that one of them was his FATHER just might have influenced his behavior.

So, unless Ramonda happens to be visiting Oakland at that time...

I'm pretty sure the fact that one of them was his FATHER just might have influenced his behavior.

Shuri wouldn't be a stretch. We saw her in Oakland in the last movie.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    "people" only want it because it is the only story they know of with black panther.

He didn't have a solo for what... a decade? once KPoW ended? and hell, if you want arcs wehre Black Panther is actually black panther and not Daredevil, then you have to go back farther.

The only culturally relevant stories for casuals that involve Black Panther are Incursion Storyline and AvX. Ain't no way you can do the incursion story now so they all jump on the AvX story and Namor.

They aren't black panther fans, they aren't namor fans. They are casuals making articles for clicks.

Hell, like I said, they don't even know how it ends lol. There was just a very large thread on r/marvel (which I moderate) with tons of upvotes that was basically summarized as, "lol Wakanda doesn't stand a chance against Atlantis." It took forever before someone pointed out that.. bruh... ATlantis got wrecked. And that is one a MARVEL subreddit with tons of comic fans.
    My wife finally watched BP. She liked it more then any other super hero movie and found it interesting because to her it had an actual plot rather then a bunch of action set pieces, so that's what I want because for the sequel again and I think that's what drew in auntie's and grandmas because it was something to keep their interest rather then joe many explosions and jokes can be crammed in. That's also why I ain't on that namor train. There's nothing but shut off your brain superhero antics which is fine but I like BPs deeper more serious tone

Really the outreach had kinda already set up the client story line, there's an attack, (maybe one of the boys shown at the end of BP) which prompts a trip to Oakland to check on Shuri and find out wtf is going on. In comes Achebe

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Shuri wouldn't be a stretch. We saw her in Oakland in the last movie.
    Shuri's too popular, tho. She's safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Really the outreach had kinda already set up the client story line, there's an attack, (maybe one of the boys shown at the end of BP) which prompts a trip to Oakland to check on Shuri and find out wtf is going on. In comes Achebe
    This is what i hope that the sequel does.

Apart from the aspect of doom, I agree with the rest (Kind Of).

Ultimate Member

I will never understand the desire to see T'Challa throw down with Namor on the big screen.

We only get a limited number of movies with stars this good. Do we really want to throw one of them away on Fish lips and their wasteful (but justified) hatred of one another?

Shuri's too popular, tho. She's safe.
    She's safe from dying (unless they wanba go the Griot route), but getting hospitalized alone would be enough to make this personal.