Page 501 of 744 FirstFirst ... 401451491497498499500501502503504505511551601 ... LastLast
Results 7,501 to 7,515 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    Apart from the aspect of doom, I agree with the rest (Kind Of).

[not directed at you, in fact thanks for the link]

Sigh. Its not BP's job to rehab Doom's previous movie portrayals. I swear this is getting silly. First "certain folks" swore BP wasn't going to make money, now since he DID make money suddenly its his job to introduce everyone and their mama.

And I'll say this again...why do the people in love with Namor/Doom showing up act like his other villains don't exist? Like his rogue's gallery was literally Killmonger and that's it, so import away!

Ultimate Member

Frankly, I don't think T'Challa needs to deal with any other kings in his movies, at all.

I did like the fact that T'Challa had/has peers and could interact with them as such (Doom and Namor, obviously), but Marvel's poisoned that well and they aren't needed to set him apart from other hero characters, not in movies

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Crazy how you don't see anyone begging for Doom to show up in a Doctor Strange sequel. The two characters have a whole series together!

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Crazy how you don't see anyone begging for Doom to show up in a Doctor Strange sequel. The two characters have a whole series together!
    Plus isn't Doom something of a sorcerer himself? I remember an old FF storyline where he gave up his knowledge of science for knowledge of sorcery, the cost being the soul of the only woman he ever loved, to a trio of demons. He even had a suit of armor made out of her skin I believe. :/

Doom is a King Like T'Challa, Doom is sorcerer like Doctor Strange, Doom is an inventor like Iron Man etc.

Honestly he could be a villain in any of the three characters mentioned but do I want him for a sequel this soon? No. Still other villains that can be used i.e. Zanda, Achebe, Magnum and M'butu (Seems to be forgotten by everyone)

Maybe in a future avengers movie with Wakanda being the main focus

Like Namor, keep Doom out of Wakanda.

Doom is a King Like T'Challa, Doom is sorcerer like Doctor Strange, Doom is an inventor like Iron Man etc.

Honestly he could be a villain in any of the three characters mentioned but do I want him for a sequel this soon? No. Still other villains that can be used i.e. Zanda, Achebe, Magnum and M'butu (Seems to be forgotten by everyone)

Doom probably should be used as EVERYONE's villain (though if any single franchise should get priority it should of course be the FF). I think he can be like Thanos, show up in a bunch of movies (not necessarily as the primarly antagonist), and essnetially fight everyone in an Avengers movie.

And if they want to make a Secret Wars movie down the line, Doom obviously can play a large role in that.

They certainly match up very very well.

I suppose the difference is with BP we're not really sure who the next bad guy is. So people can at least speculate that it might be Doom or Namor or whatever. But with Strange, I think it's sort of obvious that his next villain is Mordo.

These people just low key wanna see Wakanda get blown up.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    She's safe from dying (unless they wanba go the Griot route), but getting hospitalized alone would be enough to make this personal.
    Eh... Bond needs his Q.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    They certainly match up very very well.

I suppose the difference is with BP we're not really sure who the next bad guy is. So people can at least speculate that it might be Doom or Namor or whatever. But with Strange, I think it's sort of obvious that his next villain is Mordo.
    Didn't they announce the villain would be Nightmare though or is it just speculation?

Yeah, there are still plenty of BP villains they could re-make in the MCU.

Kiber, Madam Slay, Windeagle, Nightshade, Goon Slam Garry, Backhand Barry.

There's your Sinister Six right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    [not directed at you, in fact thanks for the link]

Sigh. Its not BP's job to rehab Doom's previous movie portrayals. I swear this is getting silly. First "certain folks" swore BP wasn't going to make money, now since he DID make money suddenly its his job to introduce everyone and their mama.

And I'll say this again...why do the people in love with Namor/Doom showing up act like his other villains don't exist? Like his rogue's gallery was literally Killmonger and that's it, so import away!
    There's just a lack of wide awareness of BP's villains amongst most people. Assuming there's no truth to any of these rumors, it's just people talking about characters they actually know. Most of these people talking Doom and Namor, I bet they didn't know who Killmonger was either, before the first movie.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Congratulations to this Black Panther Appreciation Thread for making it to over 500 pages!

That said, considering Marvel is now teaming up with Shonen Jump to do manga based on its characters, would you like to see Black Panther in one of those manga, and if so, how do you think it would go?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

I am not sure why there is so much gloom for Namor being in Black Panther 2. There are plenty of Namor vs BP stories (i.e. Rise, Priest Run, Defenders, etc.) that Coogler could pull from. I just hope they flush out Atlantis a bit in Eternals so the whole BP movie is not spent on Atlantis & Namor.