Page 502 of 744 FirstFirst ... 2402452492498499500501502503504505506512552602 ... LastLast
Results 7,516 to 7,530 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Doom probably should be used as EVERYONE's villain (though if any single franchise should get priority it should of course be the FF). I think he can be like Thanos, show up in a bunch of movies (not necessarily as the primarly antagonist), and essnetially fight everyone in an Avengers movie.

And if they want to make a Secret Wars movie down the line, Doom obviously can play a large role in that.

Honestly? I don't think Doom is that big of a character that he needs to be an avengers level threat ESPECIALLY in the cinematic universe. His plot armor is why he is so dangerous, and very much he is just overblown. I'd rather see Kang, or superskrulls. Villains who are very dangerous and not just because writer's have raging hard-ons for them that they have to handwave Everytime he gets beat

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Congratulations to this Black Panther Appreciation Thread for making it to over 500 pages!

That said, considering Marvel is now teaming up with Shonen Jump to do manga based on its characters, would you like to see Black Panther in one of those manga, and if so, how do you think it would go?
    My man.. HELL YEAH he should be in there. Manga do a damn good job with character development and having a manga of BP? Iiiisht we talk about wanting feats.. manga put superhero comics to shame in terms of feats

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    There's just a lack of wide awareness of BP's villains amongst most people. Assuming there's no truth to any of these rumors, it's just people talking about characters they actually know. Most of these people talking Doom and Namor, I bet they didn't know who Killmonger was either, before the first movie.
    BP really hit all his major villains in the first movie (Klaw, M'Baku, Killmonger). So assuming the sequel doens't reuse anyone, there's no really obvious choices left from his rogues gallery. I think they hit all the ones that most BP fans would say they HAD to use. You're sort of left with the C listers... which isn't necessarily a bad thing. But you're not going to get a whole lot of discussion outside the really really hardcore fan base on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Congratulations to this Black Panther Appreciation Thread for making it to over 500 pages!

That said, considering Marvel is now teaming up with Shonen Jump to do manga based on its characters, would you like to see Black Panther in one of those manga, and if so, how do you think it would go?
    You have an article for that?

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Honestly? I don't think Doom is that big of a character that he needs to be an avengers level threat ESPECIALLY in the cinematic universe. His plot armor is why he is so dangerous, and very much he is just overblown. I'd rather see Kang, or superskrulls. Villains who are very dangerous and not just because writer's have raging hard-ons for them that they have to handwave Everytime he gets beat

My man.. HELL YEAH he should be in there. Manga do a damn good job with character development and having a manga of BP? Iiiisht we talk about wanting feats.. manga put superhero comics to shame in terms of feats
    He's an "evil" Reed Richards and Dr. Strange all rolled up in one. Even ONE of those aspects can credibly make him one of the most dangerous men on the planet... but he's both. So I think he's a viable Avengers level threat. But certainly a step down from Thanos unless he can get his hands on some sort of plot device.

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    Didn't they announce the villain would be Nightmare though or is it just speculation?
    I don't know. I assumed it would be Mordo given how the first movie ended, but maybe Mordo ends up sort of like Loki. He arguably wasn't flat out evil or anything in the first movie, so they might need a real villain like Nightmare. It would make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    I am not sure why there is so much gloom for Namor being in Black Panther 2. There are plenty of Namor vs BP stories (i.e. Rise, Priest Run, Defenders, etc.) that Coogler could pull from. I just hope they flush out Atlantis a bit in Eternals so the whole BP movie is not spent on Atlantis & Namor.
    I like Namor but I don't want him in a BP movie. Save him for the FF movie.

Big question is what are people looking for in a BP movie with Namor as the villain? What's the beef that these two would be enemies in the MCU?

We just saw Wakanda attacked in Avengers: Infinity and then the "civil war" in BP's own movie so we don't need another attack on Wakanda for the second movie.

I'd really like to see a female villain in the next movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    You have an article for that?
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/09...a-shonen-jump/

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    So C.B impersonates a Japanese person and they're letting him do the promotion? Lol.

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I like Namor but I don't want him in a BP movie. Save him for the FF movie.

Big question is what are people looking for in a BP movie with Namor as the villain? What's the beef that these two would be enemies in the MCU?

We just saw Wakanda attacked in Avengers: Infinity and then the "civil war" in BP's own movie so we don't need another attack on Wakanda for the second movie.

I'd really like to see a female villain in the next movie.
    Well...personally, I wouldn't use Namor for the second film because we just had a Wakandan war movie with Infinity War & Endgame. But, 2022 is a long way from now and by then we might be ready for another Wakandan war movie. I do enjoy the Namor vs BP story lines in the comics (except when BP fought Namor in Hickman's New Avengers - didn't think care for that fight).

Wakanda & Atlantis are 2 hidden kingdoms that would make for a good political movie.

He's an "evil" Reed Richards and Dr. Strange all rolled up in one. Even ONE of those aspects can credibly make him one of the most dangerous men on the planet... but he's both. So I think he's a viable Avengers level threat. But certainly a step down from Thanos unless he can get his hands on some sort of plot device.
    That doesn't work the same in the mcu. Again he is very much overblown in the comic's and he isn't at all special in the movie verse. You don't go from ishty Used FF villain to avengers level threat just because he is a familiar name.

Well...personally, I wouldn't use Namor for the second film because we just had a Wakandan war movie with Infinity War & Endgame. But, 2022 is a long way from now and by then we might be ready for another Wakandan war movie. I do enjoy the Namor vs BP story lines in the comics (except when BP fought Namor in Hickman's New Avengers - didn't think care for that fight).

Wakanda & Atlantis are 2 hidden kingdoms that would make for a good political movie.
    But what would be the reason for them fighting in the MCU? Namor being a hothead?

And like you mentioned, Namor and Atlantis would have to already be introduced so that they wouldn't waste screen time in the BP movie.

That would take time.

But what would be the reason for them fighting in the MCU? Namor being a hothead?

And like you mentioned, Namor and Atlantis would have to already be introduced so that they wouldn't waste screen time in the BP movie.

That would take time.
    Atlantis is part of the Eternals mythos, so that would be a great place to introduce Atlantis & Namor.

You could barrow the plot from the Defenders comic when T'Challa & Namor 1st meet as a reaso (i.e Atlantis smuggling Wakandan weapons) and blend it with Strum Un Drag

Atlantis is part of the Eternals mythos, so that would be a great place to introduce Atlantis & Namor.

You could barrow the plot from the Defenders comic when T'Challa & Namor 1st meet as a reaso (i.e Atlantis smuggling Wakandan weapons) and blend it with Strum Un Drag
    That brings the fight back to Wakanda which we want to avoid in the 2nd movie.

I just don't see any scenario where having Namor in a BP movie benefits BP.

Both Namor and Doom should be saved for the FF. Especially Doom. Without Reed Richards there as contrast, Doom is nothing.

BP really hit all his major villains in the first movie (Klaw, M'Baku, Killmonger). So assuming the sequel doens't reuse anyone, there's no really obvious choices left from his rogues gallery. I think they hit all the ones that most BP fans would say they HAD to use. You're sort of left with the C listers... which isn't necessarily a bad thing. But you're not going to get a whole lot of discussion outside the really really hardcore fan base on them.
    I'm honestly not sure if Killmonger and M'Baku were far above C-list before the movie, speaking purely in terms of level of awareness.

Marvel has definitely shown willingness to go for obscure characters before – though, the obvious examples I can think of don't inspire confidence. Malekith, Whiplash, Kaecilius, Taserface...

That brings the fight back to Wakanda which we want to avoid in the 2nd movie.

I just don't see any scenario where having Namor in a BP movie benefits BP.
    The fight, IMHO, should be in Atlantis & Wakanda. If they did a Namor tidal wave, it could give Coogler a chance to show of some Wakadan tech to counter it (i.e. Infinity War)