Page 507 of 744 FirstFirst ... 7407457497503504505506507508509510511517557607 ... LastLast
Results 7,591 to 7,605 of 11160
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Scholastic putting out a Shuri book.
    https://www.cbr.com/marvel-scholasti...reader-novels/

Thanks for sharing. Seems pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    This is one of the reasons why I stopped reading X-Men.

That and the systematic removal of prominent Black male mutants.

Second is a good point, too. For a series/franchise that built itself as a metaphor or allegory for persecution and marginalization of minorities in real life . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    My theory is more that there's a crop of new writers who believe that comics must be more "literary", which usually translates to character-driven stories with a lot of "ordinary" plots and introspection. It's all about "trying to understand what makes someone act like a superhero (or king, in the case of BP)" without actually having the characters ACT like heroes (or kings).

Look at the Nolan Bat-films, or the Craig Bonds. 2 or 3 movies showing how the main characters "become" their roles, and in the next film, they are already washed up.

M. Coates is clearly an example of this, as his entire run seems devoted to showing T'Challa in situations (the MA revolt, the Adversary/Orisha thing, the space arc) where he is out of his element and being manipulated by events, not actually driving the plot in any real fashion. T'Challa has had almost NO agency.
    This is why I've always preferred the MCU and frankly cartoons. They haven't fallen into that trap yet. DCEU fell into that damn trap and it blew up in their face until they course corrected.

I mean, I love me some depressed super heroes... when it fits the character. Give me Punisher all day Punishing. Give me Logan and I'll take it.

But not every damn hero is a depressed mess. You can have bad **** happen to characters without turning them into a depressed mess. I definitely don't need to read a depressed mess for 3+ years for a character that that description doesn't even fit.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

"Everybody, everybody! Testify!"

Scholastic putting out a Shuri book.
    https://www.cbr.com/marvel-scholasti...reader-novels/

I mean...

Killmonger goes Ole Ye Negro Spiritual after all that drama he caused in Wakanda!

He brought Captain Marvel and "Electro" along for the ride...

Killmonger: "Waaaaaaaaaade in da wateeeeer..."

King T'challa: "Dayum dude you used to be all pro-black militant and whatnot did I hit you that hard in the second fight?"

Killmonger: "You told Harpo to beat me!"

Winter Soldier: "You may have to deprogram him like you did me... Shuri."

Princess Shuri: "Put him on the table and let's see what we can see... Ah yes, found it."

Shuri pulls a signed contract out of Killmonger's "Vegeta" vest and hands it too T'challa.

King T'challa: "Apparently it is a standard issue Hollywood contract that requires all major black actors that appear in great quality movies to revert back to old negro spirituals to restore balance and order."

Winter Soldier: "That's messed up... Hey who let him in?"

Spike Lee: "Hey T'chadwick I need you to report to the set of Alabama Burns so we can get some principal photography done ASAP."

King T'challa: "Dude hell to the naw."

Spike Lee: "Bring Bucky he is going to play the oppressive slave master and do a reverse chase scene like you did in Civil War."

Winter Soldier: "So now I'm chasing him?"

Spike Lee: "With a whip and some dogs... And Letita I will need you to be like Kizzy Kinte where you pray, cry and hum a lot at the drop of a dime."

Just then General Okoye and Queen Nakia come in and seeing Spike Lee quietly try to dip out the back door before...

Spike Lee: "Hey ladies, I need some background cotton pickers... Lupita you can channel your Twelve Years A Slave role."

Queen Nakia: "Naw, naw I'm with Jordan Peele right now I can't ride with you today on that Spike but thanks anyway."

General Okoye: "Yeah, and I gotta get back to the set of Walking Dead so laters."

Spike Lee: "Colored folks be too proud sometimes to make money."

Captain Marvel: "C'mon yaw'll... Gone get dat paper!"
    Get Hectic!

When they going to figure it out the MCU costume is a 1000x better then the lame comic one

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    When they going to figure it out the MCU costume is a 1000x better then the lame comic one
    I thought Nnedi's job was to fix that

then she just put everything back where it was in the end.

So bizarre

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Something that I dont think that gets recognized from Liss' underappreciated run is that he gave T'Challa the title "The Most Dangerous Man Alive". T'Challa is need of a story to remind the MU and readers of that fact. I suggest a story that shows off insane contingencies he made over the years for heroes and villains or Hudlin's World War Wakanda. Of course it'd have to be a mini or a new creative team.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    The thing is, in her case I don't think the MCU costume is actually a costume. I think that's just her clothes. So it's not that weird if she has more than 1 outfit.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I thought Nnedi's job was to fix that

then she just put everything back where it was in the end.

So bizarre
    That whole mini was bizarre and ultimately a waste of time. She gave her stupid wings that are redundant because she has her griot power back, she had Shuri as whiny as Coates T'Challa, and the best issues in the mini we're written by someone else. That speaks volumes really

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The thing is, in her case I don't think the MCU costume is actually a costume. I think that's just her clothes. So it's not that weird if she has more than 1 outfit.
    Well considering she wore it in the finals battle and EVERYONE was dressed for combat.. pretty safe to say that those aren't her street clothes

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Something that I dont think that gets recognized from Liss' underappreciated run is that he gave T'Challa the title "The Most Dangerous Man Alive". T'Challa is need of a story to remind the MU and readers of that fact. I suggest a story that shows off insane contingencies he made over the years for heroes and villains or Hudlin's World War Wakanda. Of course it'd have to be a mini or a new creative team.
    We're gonna have a long wait for that in the solo. Legacy issue is at #187. I don't see Coates leaving without reaching 200 so that's a least another year.

Best bet is like you mentioned, a mini/maxi series with a different creative team. And I'd prefer that it would be in-continuity.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    So this is something I've been playing around in my head for some time. My line of thinking was more "Greatest Warrior on Earth" and more of T'Challa rediscovering who he is and what his purpose is in the world. It's based on a lot of things, like KotD, Liss' run, some MCU concepts and pretty much any bit of BP lore you can think of.

The first part is T'Challa having noticed he has been many things--king, Avenger, vigilante, world destroyer--he wants to find out who he really is again, so he goes on a spiritual journey quest in the Ancestral Plane or whatever you want to call it. In it he has to beat past Black Panthers in selected challenges, like a fight, a hunt, a race, a game, a riddle, an experiment, or a debate. This is inspired by how KotD apparently states T'Challa has the knowledge and strengths of past BPs, but let's actually see how that happened. He'll have to relive Wakanda's most fateful moments, face their greatest minds and warriors, or faced with choices that are meant to reshape his character. Further more he'll face other challenges that will either see to Wakanda's end or their continued survival. If T'Challa wins all the challenges then he's shown mastery over every element that is expected of him as king. The whole thing can be a test of sorts organised by Bast, and she'll be the final boss. When he wins over her in whatever way he's supposed to, Bast then declares to the cosmos that T'Challa is her champion, the greatest warrior on Earth, and to T'Challa's surprise he will be representing Earth (or just Wakanda) in a cosmic game organised by several deities--known to Earth or alien--in which their champions must all face each other, one way or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    So this is something I've been playing around in my head for some time. My line of thinking was more "Greatest Warrior on Earth" and more of T'Challa rediscovering who he is and what his purpose is in the world. It's based on a lot of things, like KotD, Liss' run, some MCU concepts and pretty much any bit of BP lore you can think of.

The first part is T'Challa having noticed he has been many things--king, Avenger, vigilante, world destroyer--he wants to find out who he really is again, so he goes on a spiritual journey quest in the Ancestral Plane or whatever you want to call it. In it he has to beat past Black Panthers in selected challenges, like a fight, a hunt, a race, a game, a riddle, an experiment, or a debate. This is inspired by how KotD apparently states T'Challa has the knowledge and strengths of past BPs, but let's actually see how that happened. He'll have to relive Wakanda's most fateful moments, face their greatest minds and warriors, or faced with choices that are meant to reshape his character. Further more he'll face other challenges that will either see to Wakanda's end or their continued survival. If T'Challa wins all the challenges then he's shown mastery over every element that is expected of him as king. The whole thing can be a test of sorts organised by Bast, and she'll be the final boss. When he wins over her in whatever way he's supposed to, Bast then declares to the cosmos that T'Challa is her champion, the greatest warrior on Earth, and to T'Challa's surprise he will be representing Earth (or just Wakanda) in a cosmic game organised by several deities--known to Earth or alien--in which their champions must all face each other, one way or the other.
    Can't have that, sounds too fun.