Page 517 of 744 FirstFirst ... 17417467507513514515516517518519520521527567617 ... LastLast
Results 7,741 to 7,755 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    I'm not knocking the brute force approach. It's good to release anger. It feels good too. No one should let it fester. Those explosions have their place. Is that the sum of what it means for T'Challa to flex true big dick energy? From the discussion here it would seem that his scene with Black Widow would classify. By my understanding of things, though, most wouldn't consider his scene with Thunderball in the same light. I question why that is? The answers I've received weren't acceptable and made no sense.

That whole second season seemed quite Pan-Africanist in its approach, did it not?
    I wouldn't consider it. The scenes that as you say "big dick energy" that others are providing are adversarial in nature. Tchalla is fighting, intimidating, or embarrassing someone.

I classify your example as "positive uplifting" energy, but it slightly falls short because what does Thunderball bring to the table that a Wakandan scientist doesn't? I haven't read it in a long time, but I just remember him pressing a button.

Coates technically did pan Africanism if that just means black people from different countries are in one place, but the story wasn't very good imo.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    context yes. So he is in a cellar, not Wakanda, big deal, still doesn't explain away Shuri calling him, a Black man, a slave of Wakanda.

And what are you even talking about? No one had said he had to flex a specific way. It's simply they the scans you provided, given the context of the story, one doesn't show Franklin doing anything T'Challa or his supporting cast couldn't do. And also wakanda is saved by out of franchise help, to the point where the title character and his cast are thrown under the bus to elevate others, that falls into the problem with showing Black people are competent.

And there has yet to be any thing said that leads to black men having to flex "a certain way" to not be considered soft. This whole series has portrayed Black men as uncaring, inept, misogynistic and weak, and put Black men vs black women while also showcasing the most racist stereotypes of Black people, all by a Black man who appears to have a very negative view of black people given what we have seen
    Your entire perception of events is interesting to me. I speak to T'Challa flexing intellectually because he was. Your interpretation of Shuri calling him a slave proves it imo. She calls Eliot what T'Challa quite eloquently revealed to him and subsequently persuaded him out of. In the context of the story, Dr. Eliot Franklin presented HIMSELF as the "black Bruce Banner". He's already hired muscle (the brute) alongside Piledriver. All of this was in rolled up in a plan to overthrow the Wakandan power structure. But you don't see how he was a slave in everything but name? Right down to his thinking? Shuri spit it to him harshly while T'Challa said it to him in a way the eased his sensibilities. I'm curios why you and others were offended by Shuri stating what should be obvious to everyone?

And T'Challa happened to stumble across a black scientist that he studied back when he went to school in America and he shouldn't use that to his advantage?

That last paragraph seems like absolutely bonk. But I'm willing to leverage with you. Rather than calling your assertions outright lies, I ask that we weigh the treatment Coates has given her character and her narrative both individually and in regards to T'Challa, his family, his people and the world around them. How does her relationship with T'Challa hold any weight of uncaring, inept, misogynistic, weak, or put black men vs black women? How does that relationship reflect a disgust or distaste for black people?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I wouldn't consider it. The scenes that as you say "big dick energy" that others are providing are adversarial in nature. Tchalla is fighting, intimidating, or embarrassing someone.

I classify your example as "positive uplifting" energy, but it slightly falls short because what does Thunderball bring to the table that a Wakandan scientist doesn't? I haven't read it in a long time, but I just remember him pressing a button.

Coates technically did pan Africanism if that just means black people from different countries are in one place, but the story wasn't very good imo.
    You just said you wouldn't consider it. Granted, I did call it "big dick energy" in reply to a post that didn't mention it. Here's the thing, Cville, I specifically asked: "why is it that other minorities can do other stuff with a lil black swag and people say "big dick energy", but black men have to flex in a certain way or he's too soft?"

Was I supposed to take your response another way or can I say your answer is quite honestly exactly what I expected?

You just said you wouldn't consider it. Granted, I did call it "big dick energy" in reply to a post that didn't mention it. Here's the thing, Cville, I specifically asked: "why is it that other minorities can do other stuff with a lil black swag and people say "big dick energy", but black men have to flex in a certain way or he's too soft?"

Was I supposed to take your response another way or can I say your answer is quite honestly exactly what I expected?
    I asked for you to give me an example so I'd know what you were talking about. A few post back.

Your entire perception of events is interesting to me. I speak to T'Challa flexing intellectually because he was. Your interpretation of Shuri calling him a slave proves it imo. She calls Eliot what T'Challa quite eloquently revealed to him and subsequently persuaded him out of. In the context of the story, Dr. Eliot Franklin presented HIMSELF as the "black Bruce Banner". He's already hired muscle (the brute) alongside Piledriver. All of this was in rolled up in a plan to overthrow the Wakandan power structure. But you don't see how he was a slave in everything but name? Right down to his thinking? Shuri spit it to him harshly while T'Challa said it to him in a way the eased his sensibilities. I'm curios why you and others were offended by Shuri stating what should be obvious to everyone?

And T'Challa happened to stumble across a black scientist that he studied back when he went to school in America and he shouldn't use that to his advantage?

That last paragraph seems like absolutely bonk. But I'm willing to leverage with you. Rather than calling your assertions outright lies, I ask that we weigh the treatment Coates has given her character and her narrative both individually and in regards to T'Challa, his family, his people and the world around them. How does her relationship with T'Challa hold any weight of uncaring, inept, misogynistic, weak, or put black men vs black women? How does that relationship reflect a disgust or distaste for black people?
    Shuri said he is a slave to Wakanda. This isn't some hidden meaning, some deeper subtext. She straight up said he is a slave to Wakanda. Just like she straight up told an old lady and a Young girl who were held captive in rape treehouses and assaulted, that they should of been left to be raped and killed so the golden city could stand. This completely goes against not only T'Challa and Wakandas view on their people, but shuris as well. And so for Shuri to be calling a black man a slave, on top of everything else that happens on the story and series, speaks of a different situation then what you allude to.

As for the paragraph, read issue 12 in s1, re-read the issues l of the scan you posted, entire season 1 is about what I said. The real underlying message

BANNED

I asked for you to give me an example so I'd know what you were talking about. A few post back.
    I already gave you my answer. Every single scan I posted today are instances where I personally his big dick energy is on full display because he's out thinking the people around him many times over. It clear he thinks of himself as the smartest man in any room that he enters. He could give Tony, Reed, Beast, Doom, Namor and whomever else hell of he decided to go full on narcissist. But he's a good man and it's hard for a good man to be king.

My question now becomes outside of the attributes you've personally described, what others can you come up with that you'd consider big dick energy worthy?

I already gave you my answer. Every single scan I posted today are instances where I personally his big dick energy is on full display because he's out thinking the people around him many times over. It clear he thinks of himself as the smartest man in any room that he enters. He could give Tony, Reed, Beast, Doom, Namor and whomever else hell of he decided to go full on narcissist. But he's a good man and it's hard for a good man to be king.

My question now becomes outside of the attributes you've personally described, what others can you come up with that you'd consider big dick energy worthy?
    You say the underlined above, yet we get him praising Maximus for being able to do what he couldn't do (figure out how to reverse the living death) and praise Doom for his nanites and use them while claiming he is a scientist at heart, and also the part where in order to access his ancestors and the djahlia using science he needed outside help. Doesn't portray that attitude. However look at Priest, Hudlin, McDuffie, and liss and the underlined above you will find plenty of

We've miscommunicated. This was your question.

"why is it that other minorities can do other stuff with a lil black swag and people say "big dick energy", but black men have to flex in a certain way or he's too soft?"

I'm looking for an example of other minorities doing what you've described so I can see if I have an answer.

For for your new question, the attributes I've described is my interpretation of "big dick energy", but if I stretched it I'd say having Monica in Shana in his palace at the same time(house of M). I think anything else I remember would fall into violence and intimidation.

I'm not knocking the brute force approach. It's good to release anger. It feels good too. No one should let it fester. Those explosions have their place. Is that the sum of what it means for T'Challa to flex true big dick energy? From the discussion here it would seem that his scene with Black Widow would classify. By my understanding of things, though, most wouldn't consider his scene with Thunderball in the same light. I question why that is? The answers I've received weren't acceptable and made no sense.
    No, brute force is not the sum of what it means for him to flex such energy. He has other methods such as setting up traps on his enemies while knowing the proper parameters of the situation to keep them blind of his true intentions in order to ensure his victory.

Last edited by XJlock; 09-15-2019 at 02:19 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Shuri said he is a slave to Wakanda. This isn't some hidden meaning, some deeper subtext. She straight up said he is a slave to Wakanda. Just like she straight up told an old lady and a Young girl who were held captive in rape treehouses and assaulted, that they should of been left to be raped and killed so the golden city could stand. This completely goes against not only T'Challa and Wakandas view on their people, but shuris as well. And so for Shuri to be calling a black man a slave, on top of everything else that happens on the story and series, speaks of a different situation then what you allude to.

As for the paragraph, read issue 12 in s1, re-read the issues l of the scan you posted, entire season 1 is about what I said. The real underlying message

Shuri never once called him a slave to Wakanda. You made that up, so you need to unmake it. I agree there is no hidden meaning to the idea of him being a slave and doing the bidding of white masters all the while willingly taking the name of a white that wasn't forced upon him. His mind was colonized to believe that was his way of interacting with the great white world. You miss the message because it isn't in service to your narrative. Shuri called him a slave because he was one. He chose to revert back to his old ways that's why he mentions falling back into old habits. All of this happened AFTER HE AND T'CHALLA HAVE A PHILOSOPHICAL DEBATE ABOUT WHAT HIS ROLE IS AND THE IMPORTANCE OF HIS NAME. The chains are there because he chose to fall back on old habits. He made himself a slave to those habits and is responsible for his place at the time. Shuri is the black woman unwilling to coddle him and demands that he does better. T'Challa is the black man that understands the pride of being a black man a handle him with a slightly more delicate approach but it's clear BP had the moral high ground. Thunderball was beaten by his omd habits. That's reflective of the black community in America as a whole, but I digress. What have you been reading?

BANNED

We've miscommunicated. This was your question.

"why is it that other minorities can do other stuff with a lil black swag and people say "big dick energy", but black men have to flex in a certain way or he's too soft?"

I'm looking for an example of other minorities doing what you've described so I can see if I have an answer.

For for your new question, the attributes I've described is my interpretation of "big dick energy", but if I stretched it I'd say having Monica in Shana in his palace at the same time(house of M). I think anything else I remember would fall into violence and intimidation.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox...ergy-explained

This explains what I mean, rather than the response to my personal idea of T'Challa's BDE. Note that you responded exactly the way that most of the other black men in this thread seemed to. I was hoping to understand why?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XJlock View Post
    No, brute force is not the sum of what it means for him to flex such energy. He has other methods such as setting up traps on his enemies while knowing the proper parameters of the situation to keep them blind of his true intentions in order to ensure his victory.

He is flexing major BDE here. I love it. He's calm and willing to talk through a level headed discussion because he already had the win. I personally got that same energy from the scene with Natasha and the one with Thunderball. Each of those men should be getting endless blowjobs. You might be the first to offer an opinion different from the norm.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox...ergy-explained

This explains what I mean, rather than the response to my personal idea of T'Challa's BDE. Note that you responded exactly the way that most of the other black men in this thread seemed to. I was hoping to understand why?
    This is the first I'm hearing of that this phase you've introduced extends beyond this thread. I took it to meaning being a badass, but the article suggest it just means confidence. You probably would have saved us a lot of typing if you just used that word instead.

BANNED

This is the first I'm hearing of that this phase you've introduced extends beyond this thread. I took it to meaning being a badass, but the article suggest it just means confidence. You probably would have saved us a lot of typing if you just used that word instead.
    Are you saying I should have said BDE instead of big dick energy? Am I reading you correctly?

Are you saying I should have said BDE instead of big dick energy? Am I reading you correctly?
    Either version, never new it was a socially media thing.