Page 526 of 744 FirstFirst ... 26426476516522523524525526527528529530536576626 ... LastLast
Results 7,876 to 7,890 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    I wonder if all those X-Fans are going to keep that same energy about how terrible Wakanda is for not curing cancer since they now as a nation have the ability to literally cheat death while letting everyone who isn't Krakoan get 5-10 extra years thanks to drug dependency.
    The story isn't over yet... but I do think we're supposed to think something is very very shady about what the nation of Krakoa is doing. I'm sure whatever the heck they're doing will come with an unacceptable price tag as I don't think they want this stuff lingering around in the MU after this story. Unlike with the Wakandan thing, I think in the end we're supposed to NOT feel good about what's going down there. But we'll see... that's just my feeling on it so far. Even though they're the good guys, the story seems to be going out of its way to make everything they're doing creepy as heck.

I wonder if all those X-Fans are going to keep that same energy about how terrible Wakanda is for not curing cancer since they now as a nation have the ability to literally cheat death while letting everyone who isn't Krakoan get 5-10 extra years thanks to drug dependency.
    It's hickman

Everyone is happy now.

Shits gonna hit the fan eventually lol.

T minus 5 issues before Daken stabs one of the 5 just to be a prick, off panel of course, probably in a 8 year time jump lol

Also, since Wakanda is an "enemy nation" and Storm seems to be the high almoner of Krakoa doesn't make much sense for her to stick around BPs book much longer.
    Unfortunately we are stuck with a writer who is still stuck in the Secret Empire time period.....
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 09-18-2019 at 01:25 PM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

So any bets to where T'challa dipped out too in AoW?

Or did he get snatched?

Kinda reminded me of EMH where he dipped out on the Avengers to go solve the problem.

See what hapens

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Still my favorite BP image of all time.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Also, since Wakanda is an "enemy nation" and Storm seems to be the high almoner of Krakoa doesn't make much sense for her to stick around BPs book much longer.
    Gonna be real interesting to see how the two nations interact in the future.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

This could be totally wrong, because I doubt Hickman gives a **** what other writers have done or are saying, but if Wakanda is one of the few nations that didn't cosign on Krakoa, is it possible that Gentle was the fake mutant plant that was hiding with the X-Men that Iron Man was speaking about?

Unless that's been resolved or tossed away of course. But Gentle had the most obvious sap story in X-Men Red, they ate that crap up and took him from Wakanda to Atlantis. Not to mention, why was Black Panther so comfortable with helping Jean and co. after they and Namor destroyed his country?

Gentle could be the Wakandan plant that's either feeding info about Krakoa and the mutants to Black Panther—who's working with Reed to reverse engineer the gates or something—or he could effectively kidnap or kill one of the essential members of The Five, so Krakoa no longer can bring back the mutants who died.

Last edited by KOSLOX; 09-18-2019 at 03:10 PM.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

AoW is already interesting.

That last page reveal is going to be interesting. Didn't see that coming.

Love the convo with Fat Cobra. Immediately pisses on the , "why is a king doing dirty work" crap.

Inject it into my veins. That wakanda tech is nice
    I have to confess, I'm not feeling it. It feels like a SHIELD book with added melanin, and has the same problems those runs usually had:

1. The director taking the field
    2. The characters aren't spies but commandoes. Less Bond, more A-Team.

This particular take also has the problem (which, in all fairness, Zub partly inherited from Aaron) that the agents chosen for the mission aren't hand-picked but just handy.

In the end, it just reads like Secret (Wakadan) Avengers. Not what I've been jonesing for.

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    I have to confess, I'm not feeling it. It feels like a SHIELD book with added melanin, and has the same problems those runs usually had:

This particular take also has the problem (which, in all fairness, Zub partly inherited from Aaron) that the agents chosen for the mission aren't hand-picked but just handy.

In the end, it just reads like Secret (Wakadan) Avengers. Not what I've been jonesing for.

Makes sense.

I'm more of an A-team type of guy
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 09-18-2019 at 02:33 PM.

Just came across something interesting that I don't know if it was discussed here.

I was reading the Secret Invasion/War of Kings one-shot and read where the Inhumans were attacking the Kree and using technology infused with Vibranium.

Could Panther and Black Bolt been working together far longer than anyone knew? Thing is, I don't remember any story where Wakanda and Attilan exchanged any tech.

At any rate, this opens up the possibility that T'Challa and Black Bolt have been working together long before The Illuminati.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Just came across something interesting that I don't know if it was discussed here.

I was reading the Secret Invasion/War of Kings one-shot and read where the Inhumans were attacking the Kree and using technology infused with Vibranium.

Could Panther and Black Bolt been working together far longer than anyone knew? Thing is, I don't remember any story where Wakanda and Attilan exchanged any tech.

At any rate, this opens up the possibility that T'Challa and Black Bolt have been working together long before The Illuminati.
    Didn't Hudlin run, T'challa meet with them about making Vibranium thing for Black Bolt?

Was that before or after WoK?

I don't think that this is a set team with the exception of BP, Okoye, Janet and maybe Gorilla-Man. I think the roster will fluctuate as needed and we will see characters move in and out.

The main thing for me is we get another title with BP in it that looks to have lots of action and potentially some good feats, unlike Ultimates.

That was a power house team that did a whole lotta nothing. America Chavez was made out to be the badass(so funny).

Didn't Hudlin run, T'challa meet with them about making Vibranium thing for Black Bolt?

Was that before or after WoK?
    WoK one-shot was March 2009. So Hudlin's story came first.

I can't remember what exactly T'Challa gave or made for Black Bolt but they got a lot of Vibranium out of it based on WoKs. The Inhumans made some kind of armor based on vibranium that stores Black Bolts power.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    WoK one-shot was March 2009. So Hudlin's story came first.

I can't remember what exactly T'Challa gave or made for Black Bolt but they got a lot of Vibranium out of it based on WoKs. The Inhumans made some kind of armor based on vibranium that stores Black Bolts power.
    long time murder bros for life

real g's move in silence lol

Interestingly enough, Okoye pretty much voices the exact same concerns. She's questioning T'Challa taking the field, and she doesn't quite know what to make of his team selection. When you've got a team made up of a werewolve, a gorilla, and a sumo wrestler espionage probably isn't what you're going for. It's frankly still a bit unclear exactly what T'Challa was going for with this exact team... though perhaps that's part of the charm of the book. It might all make more sense down the line, if T'Challa reveals some sort of master plan requiring these exact people.