Page 529 of 744 FirstFirst ... 29429479519525526527528529530531532533539579629 ... LastLast
Results 7,921 to 7,935 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Damnit BoG... I can't deny that this could likely be the case.. either baby bast or the Orishas ™
    Which amounts to the same thing, of course.

well they did also crush Atlantis, and it took Thanos three tries, his entire army, his generals abd himself to beat Wakanda. But I want another SWaD situation except tech on full display
    The BO fight and the others went mostly unseen unless I missed some issues where we saw more while in SWAD we saw the whole battle that ended with a ship full of dead skrulls and a threat written in their blood. The fight against Atlantis went unseen too right? All i remember was the aftermath and not seeing how it happened.

so has T'Challa been a slave for 19 issues?
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    If they neutralized the X-Gene early pretty well. But Krakoa has A LOT of power.

Plus they can regenerate, and it's almost impossible nto access.

I'd rather not have them fight because I don't see a circumstance that doesn't have them using Wakanda as a punching bag.
    Yeah, neutrilizing the X gene would be key, because in comics the ultimate difference maker are meta humans. Super heroes trump everything else, and Krakoa right now probably has the highest concentration on earth. With people like Apocalyse around, you legit have something to worry about.

I'm assuming at SOME point this will devolve into the whole world against Krakoa. Not that they are necessarily doing anythign all that bad now... but it all just seems to be far too creepy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Only #1. He got out at the end of the issue

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

He's been a guerrilla leader for most of the issues and now he's back in Wakanda.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'm assuming at SOME point this will devolve into the whole world against Krakoa. Not that they are necessarily doing anythign all that bad now... but it all just seems to be far too creepy.
    It's the X-books. Things ALWAYS go to hell. It's one of the things that turn me off from the entire franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    Which amounts to the same thing, of course.
    It does but I am simply saying that with baby bast, we have seen her and her trolling self (at least she is interesting as a kid troll) but I feel that if it were the Orishas ™ that would be even worse because we haven't even SEEN them. Yet Wakanda has been more prosperous then ever because they randomly came back.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    The BO fight and the others went mostly unseen unless I missed some issues where we saw more while in SWAD we saw the whole battle that ended with a ship full of dead skrulls and a threat written in their blood. The fight against Atlantis went unseen too right? All i remember was the aftermath and not seeing how it happened.
    With Atlantis yeah we saw a glimpse of it, and the black order was off panel too. But what I am saying is that at least given the bits and pieces of it, Hickman made Wakanda a place that was not easy to take over. Unlike Coates or when Spencer had frakking Faustus take over.

We honestly DO need basically SWaD part II and secret empire, and war of the realms both could of been parts II & III. But basically it needs to return to status quo that you do not frak with Wakanda, because Wakanda will kick the ever living dog isht out of their opponent

Mystique of Wakanda kinda got smashed over the years.

Which is going to happen to an extent as T'challa became more popular. It is too tempting ot use them in events and such. Its mystique as a unbeatable juggernaut makes it easy to use to hide **** or stash people or as a base of operations... which means it invites conflict. And what better way to up the stakes than to kill a bunch of redshits lol.

The problem, over the years, is that how HARD it is to beat Wakanda wasn't shown on panel. It was always just talked about. Some character mentioning "waknada resists" vs actually showing Wakanda beating an overwhelming force back.

But they have no problem showing the downfall eventually.

Show always trumps Tell.

Which is why a lot of the casuals will bring up Wakanda vs Atlantis and mention how Wakanda is screwed and such because they saw in a HUGE EVENT BOOK that Namor came in and wrecked **** for a whole issue and missed the 3 pages max in the middle of Hickman's run in one issue of Wakanda coming in and cleaning house ot hte point Namor of all people turned traitor and got on his knees.

I mean hell, i've famously said i'd let 100000 Wakandans get slaughtered to prop up T'challa... but hte problem is, it never benefits T'challa lol. It is always done to prop up some story or some other character. Hell, the credit for wiping out Atlantis goes to freaking Shuri. T'challa sued for peace. He ended up being right, as blowing up Atlantis backfired horribly (there was no way Shuri could have known because she didn't have all the information) but still.

Hell, in his own book it is a problem. How many redshirts died to the Native American stand ins? And who benefited from that? Storm, not T'challa.

And now we have a galactic empire of Wakandans coming for Wakanda... chance for a showcase. I have no confidence it is going to happen.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Only #1. He got out at the end of the issue
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    He's been a guerrilla leader for most of the issues and now he's back in Wakanda.
    okay, thanks. The last 3 solicits kept saying slave so I just wanted some clarity.
    The J-man

okay, thanks. The last 3 solicits kept saying slave so I just wanted some clarity.
    They've done a poor job of addressing the events before he lost his memory. They're trying to do it at the end now that people have lost interest in knowing. Lol.

It does but I am simply saying that with baby bast, we have seen her and her trolling self (at least she is interesting as a kid troll) but I feel that if it were the Orishas ™ that would be even worse because we haven't even SEEN them. Yet Wakanda has been more prosperous then ever because they randomly came back.

With Atlantis yeah we saw a glimpse of it, and the black order was off panel too. But what I am saying is that at least given the bits and pieces of it, Hickman made Wakanda a place that was not easy to take over. Unlike Coates or when Spencer had frakking Faustus take over.

We honestly DO need basically SWaD part II and secret empire, and war of the realms both could of been parts II & III. But basically it needs to return to status quo that you do not frak with Wakanda, because Wakanda will kick the ever living dog isht out of their opponent
    The thing is that it makes it REALLY tough to tell stories when Wakanda can basically kick the sh*t out of whoever is messing with it. It makes things too easy. If T'Challa is in Wakanda, bad guys can't touch him without making Wakanda look vulnerable. If the Avengers or a cube fragment or an Infinity Stone needs protecting, it can be placed in Wakanda and bad guys can't touch it without makign Wakanda look vulnerable. Marvel does TRY and retain a bit of Wakanda's mystique by often having them capable of repelling the invaders (ie Thanos forces or the first couple attacked by the Hydra), but often the bad guys do inevtiably have to get their way in order for the story to proceed.

Even Hudlin, who probably did more for Wakanda's image than anyone since Stan Lee, had Morlun (a Spider-Man villain) completely walk through Wakanda's defenses and slaughter whoever he wanted at will without breaking a sweat. Wakanda being unconquerable creates too much of a safe zone storywise.

I think Wakanda's mystique unfortuantely relied heavily on Wakanda (and BP) not being used that much. If you're not in Infinity or AvX or Secret Empire, you won't take a hit in any of those events. But as the BP character began to blow up, he began being used more and Wakanda started taking more hits. Once that pandoras box is opened, it can't really be closed again.

That said, Wakanda still does FAR better than any fictioanl place in the MU by a mile. Latveria, Atlantis, Attilan, and even Asgard get blown up every 4 years it seems. Wakanda may take hits, but it's by far the most resistance place and relatively speaking still takes them less often and with less severity. In a world where there is no safe place, Wakanda at least is the safest.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    BLACK PANTHER #19
    TA-NEHISI COATES (W) • Ryan Bodenheim (A) • Cover by MEGHAN HETRICK

VARIANT COVER BY Dustin Weaver
    THE FINAL ARC OF THE “INTERGALACTIC EMPIRE” BEGINS HERE!
    The groundbreaking story of a king who became a slave – a slave who became a legend – reaches a tipping point as N’Jadaka’s invasion of Earth continues! Wakanda goes to war against its own future…and its only hope lies in the king who brought them to this point.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    invasion of Earth?

But during Secret Empire? That is going to make things weird? Other heroes would naturally get involved. Hell, other Galactic empires would proabably perk up. I don't think Coates can tell a story on that scale.

So, if a Wakanda huge invasion by the People is 5 people, is an invasoin of earth about 3 space ships? lol

BLACK PANTHER AND THE AGENTS OF WAKANDA #4
    JIM ZUB (W) • LAN MEDINA (A) • Cover by JORGE MOLINA
    2020 VARIANT COVER BY PASQUAL FERRY

T’Challa and Okoye have assembled an eclectic team of spies, mercenaries, and super heroes who specialize in espionage, black-ops, and defense. These Agents of Wakanda must be ready for any threat to our planet…even if that threat is the Moon itself!
    What?! What kind of lunar-cy is this?! You must not miss – God Loves, Moon Kills!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

Lunar?

Moon kills?

Gods?

Is Moon Knight coming?????????
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    invasion of Earth?

But during Secret Empire? That is going to make things weird? Other heroes would naturally get involved. Hell, other Galactic empires would proabably perk up. I don't think Coates can tell a story on that scale.

So, if a Wakanda huge invasion by the People is 5 people, is an invasoin of earth about 3 space ships? lol

Lunar?

Moon kills?

Gods?

Is Moon Knight coming?????????
    I'm still trying to wrap my head around "groundbreaking".

Invasion huh? So much for See Wakanda and Die. This will be "Look at Wakanda out your window and everything will happen off panel."

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Crackoa.

Lol. Maybe Xavier will start calling himself Professor Xscobar.
    Wait. A bald, white guy who is also an educator dealing drugs?

Is Xavier now Walter White?