Page 531 of 744 FirstFirst ... 31431481521527528529530531532533534535541581631 ... LastLast
Results 7,951 to 7,965 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    The last I heard he and the Void became one persona instead of being two separate personalities.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that T'Challa realized Sentry might be involved with what's going on in that town and got something designed specifically for him.
    Tchalla: *realizes Sentry is involved*

"welp, that group was mostly non-Wakandans for a reason. Alright, let's fire up Agents of Wakanda 2.0. Ayo, your turn to lead. Someone round me up some more Z listers, errr, I mean valued agents. I need another immortal weapon, get me some X students, and isn't there another Wasp running around? Get me her"
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 09-19-2019 at 02:41 PM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    Hopefully we will get Black Panther beating Sentry. One can only hope after all the poor Panther storylines we had to endure from Coates.
    I don't know man, that's stretch. Priests' Panther would have a chance. Hudlins' Panther would have a chance.

Today's Panther? I don't see it.

If Coates were doing this story I'd do an in-thread poll to see who he would bring in to beat Sentry while T'Challa was cheering on the sidelines.

The last I heard he and the Void became one persona instead of being two separate personalities.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that T'Challa realized Sentry might be involved with what's going on in that town and got something designed specifically for him.
    I'd leave him a note.

"Hey dude, some people on an island called Krakoa called you punk bitch and dared you to show your horse-ass face. We have omega level mutants that will beat you into the void."

This Villain Is Coming for T'Challa in 'Black Panther and the Agents of Wakanda'

Series writer Jim Zub breaks down issue #1 of the brand-new series—out now!

Who could have guessed that the Sentry—now merged with his former alter-ego, the Void—was behind the strange events of the ish!?

The book’s team, spun out of Jason Aaron’s AVENGERS (2018), consists of Black Panther, Okoye, Wasp, Ka-Zar, Gorilla Man, Man-Wolf, Fat Cobra, American Eagle, and Broo. And they're up against Robert Reynolds, AKA the Sentry (and the Void).

Since the Sentry has gone through quite a lot in recent Marvel history, we decided to take a look at where he’s been, and more importantly, where he’s going. So, we caught up with AGENTS OF WAKANDA writer Jim Zub, who helms the brand-new series with artwork from Lan Medina, colors from Marcio Menyz, and letters by VC's Joe Sabino.

“When editor Wil Moss and I were brainstorming crazy missions for the AGENTS OF WAKANDA, this idea of a secret evil 'force' lurking in a town in middle America stuck with me,” Zub explains. “I knew I wanted the source of that evil to be something off-the-wall, an established piece of Marvel canon that people wouldn't expect. Wil was the one who suggested Sentry while we were bouncing possibilities back and forth and it just worked. Sentry is a crazy powerful threat, but you're not entirely sure how to approach him or how he's going to respond. Is this the Void, is this the good guy? How do you even stop him? It's a fun cliffhanger and a heck of a challenge.”

Okay, let’s take a step back for a second. Who is the Sentry and where does he stand in Marvel Comics right now?

The answer to the first question is simple: given powers by a secret chemical formula, Robert Reynolds gained superhuman abilities and became the Sentry, one of the most powerful beings the Marvel Universe has ever seen. Sadly, this came with a price known as “the Void,” the dark and evil underside of the Sentry’s newfound powers; the Void is the Edward Hyde to the hero’s Henry Jekyll. To save the world from his depraved alter-ego, Reynolds forced the world to forget about the Sentry, which, in turn, made the Void disappear. Robert was eventually able to lead a normal life via the creation of the Confluctor, a device (created along with Iron Man and Doctor Strange) that allowed the Sentry and Void to roam freely in a dreamscape dimension.

To answer the second question, however, we need to look at Donny Cates’ run on DOCTOR STRANGE from 2017 as well as Jeff Lemire’s limited SENTRY series from last year.

Let’s talk about the time Loki tricked Stephen Strange into thinking that he was no longer the Sorcerer Supreme. Strange went back to being a doctor (a veterinarian, to be exact), but was so desperate to regain his title that he stole magic from Asgard with the help of Sentry, who warned the doc that for every good deed he performs, the Void would push back with even more evil.

The Void ended up being unleashed, but Sentry was able to fight it off with some magical help from Strange. Unfortunately, Reynolds wasn’t too happy following the battle, as he felt lied to by Stephen, who'd promised Robert that the dark energy was contained. Sentry flew off, telling Strange never to contact him again.

“Sentry is an absolute wild card,” continues Zub. “His power and his stability are in flux and can remake reality, but he's not intentionally trying to hurt anyone, they're just a byproduct of his warped existence as Bob tries to find a balance between the forces inside him.”

Then, in Lemire’s limited series, we found Sentry merged with the Void, as the allure of power was just too enticing. In his combined state, the Sentry-Void killed Billy Turner and became just as evil as he was good. Talk about cognitive dissonance, eh? The Avengers tried to reign in the new being, but he left for the cosmos as Captain America pondered philosophically on whether or not the Sentry-Void is truly good or evil.

But by the time Bob Reynolds shows up in AGENTS OF WAKANDA, he’s definitely a very bad dude.

“That ambient evil energy Sentry is giving off definitely plays havoc with our heroes, inside and out,” explains Zub, teasing issue #2. “Every AGENTS OF WAKANDA mission is two issues long, so the payoff for this Sentry reveal happens right away. We're not here to waste your time. Big awesome things are happening in the series every month. In issue #2, we tee up Sentry for an appearance elsewhere in the Marvel Universe, but my lips are sealed on where that will be. Keep reading…"
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nts-of-wakanda

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The thing is that it makes it REALLY tough to tell stories when Wakanda can basically kick the sh*t out of whoever is messing with it. It makes things too easy. If T'Challa is in Wakanda, bad guys can't touch him without making Wakanda look vulnerable. If the Avengers or a cube fragment or an Infinity Stone needs protecting, it can be placed in Wakanda and bad guys can't touch it without makign Wakanda look vulnerable. Marvel does TRY and retain a bit of Wakanda's mystique by often having them capable of repelling the invaders (ie Thanos forces or the first couple attacked by the Hydra), but often the bad guys do inevtiably have to get their way in order for the story to proceed.

Even Hudlin, who probably did more for Wakanda's image than anyone since Stan Lee, had Morlun (a Spider-Man villain) completely walk through Wakanda's defenses and slaughter whoever he wanted at will without breaking a sweat. Wakanda being unconquerable creates too much of a safe zone storywise.

I think Wakanda's mystique unfortuantely relied heavily on Wakanda (and BP) not being used that much. If you're not in Infinity or AvX or Secret Empire, you won't take a hit in any of those events. But as the BP character began to blow up, he began being used more and Wakanda started taking more hits. Once that pandoras box is opened, it can't really be closed again.

That said, Wakanda still does FAR better than any fictioanl place in the MU by a mile. Latveria, Atlantis, Attilan, and even Asgard get blown up every 4 years it seems. Wakanda may take hits, but it's by far the most resistance place and relatively speaking still takes them less often and with less severity. In a world where there is no safe place, Wakanda at least is the safest.
    Who said Wakanda kicks the isht out of anyone easily? What I said doesn't equate to then steamrolling everyone. Remember SWaD? Yeah they beat them but there was an actual battle. It wasn't a complete curb stomp. This whole idea that you can't tell a good story about an unconquered nation is weak abd a cop out.

Plus now that Wakanda was defeated, every D list nobody apparently can bring Wakanda Tonite knees.

Zenzi was last seen working with Nazis but now she gon end up working with NuKillmonger or the symbiote? Plus Tetu coming back after not being seen or mentioned in almost 2yrs with no buildup. I guess Tetu and Zenzi are done with their power to the people stuff and are fine with imperialist slavers from the future being in charge.
    We last time we saw tetu he was in prison so u guess he's out out?

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    At least Klaw did something for an issue or two lol

This would be... an utter incapability to tell a coherent story.

I can't believe anyone would write a 2 year story and kill the villain off panel without ever meeting the hero or every fighting and said villain is killed by some rando we barely know. I refuse to believe it lol
    Bruh... This is Coates we are talking about. ANYTHING is possible with him. He's already shown he can do it in S2. From the big bad to Storm being the hero and T'Challa And Wakandans praying to her.. this is completely in hos wheelhouse

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Who said Wakanda kicks the isht out of anyone easily? What I said doesn't equate to then steamrolling everyone. Remember SWaD? Yeah they beat them but there was an actual battle. It wasn't a complete curb stomp. This whole idea that you can't tell a good story about an unconquered nation is weak abd a cop out.

Plus now that Wakanda was defeated, every D list nobody apparently can bring Wakanda Tonite knees.
    I don't think anyone said Wakanda kicks the **** out of anyone easily.

But the problem with a nation that is unconquered is that sometines for storytelling purposes, Wakanda needs to take a L. Certainly EVERY D list nobody bringing Wakanda to it's knees is a problem... it shouldn't happen all the time. But there can be a middle ground between unconquered and that.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

This is how director Ryan Coogler (Creed) chose to block and direct this fighting scene from “Black Panther”. Interesting side by side.
    https://twitter.com/movies_effects/s...96660290883585

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    We last time we saw tetu he was in prison so u guess he's out out?
    He should be out already. Zenzi freed him during the second arc. Either last or second to last issue I think.

I think technically they're still undefeated. The Destauri(sp) are Wakandan so even if Doom backed and planned it, Wakandans are still in charge(on the surface). Namor: not defeated, just lost some building and people. Thanos: retconned to not defeated per World of Wakanda. Hydra: less than a day, I don't count it.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    variant cover for BLACK PANTHER AND THE AGENTS OF WAKANDA #2

Blue Marvel owned this guy with one hit. Black Panther worked with Blue Marvel, who is smarter and more powerful, he should have a plan to own sentry.

Now I know fear.

To be blunt: It wouldn't make sense for NuSentry to be owned that easily. It would be a waste of his freshly minted status quo.

I'll be keenly intereted to see how BP and company deal with him coming up, given Zub's comments in the interview. More than likely, they'll have to help him find some degree of balance in his newly merged persona to help set up whatever they're actually going to use him for.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 09-19-2019 at 06:00 PM.