Page 536 of 744 FirstFirst ... 36436486526532533534535536537538539540546586636 ... LastLast
Results 8,026 to 8,040 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    So is Tchalla peak human?or low tier street level super human?
    In rumble terms, he is referred to as "comic book peak human"

Which basically means that large middle ground that are above "people without powers" and below "Spider-Man"
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    So is Tchalla peak human?or low tier street level super human?
    Once upon a time Steve leak was somewhat special. But I think leak human began becoming common enough to the point where they had to give him a small bump. It's all sort of negligible though. In practical terms it just means stronger than Darevil but weaker then Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    I always thought the whole KotD thing was redundant, anyway. Am I the ONLY one who actually remembers the Panther God Pavillion?
    I think that the MCU mixed it well. The pavilion with kotd.

At this point the only thing that seems to relate to kotd is that soul tracking and whatever weird foresight or whatever thing T'Challa did in the spaceships

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Who was the last BP writer to focus on anything afro-futuristic? Hudlin? That was well over 10 years ago.

If anything we've seen more mysticism in BP than anything technological, a few gadgets here and there. Nothing groundbreaking.
    Dude I miss the tech. Gimme techno jungle, dooms day Panthers, N'Yami motherships, skybikes etc. T'Challa Isn't a mystical hero. He's a jack of all trades but leans towards tech

I always thought the whole KotD thing was redundant, anyway. Am I the ONLY one who actually remembers the Panther God Pavillion?
    But without KoD, how would T'challa control random zombies for no reason in the climax of the story that amounted to being pointless considering he had an infinity gauntlet?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

It's redundent NOW. At the time he got it, it was useful as far as repowering him and giving him a title without taking anything away from Shuri.

But yeah, generally speaking speaking to previous BP's never seemed all that useful to me for T'Challa at least. I always assumed he was smarter and frankly more experiened with the things he has to deal with than any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Dude I miss the tech. Gimme techno jungle, dooms day Panthers, N'Yami motherships, skybikes etc. T'Challa Isn't a mystical hero. He's a jack of all trades but leans towards tech
    The mystical stuff is mostly related to Shuri. I think Coates was trying to make her more distinct from T'Challa emphasizing an aspect T'Challa doens't really rely on too heavily. Unfortuantey the MCU version of Shuri was a more tech oriented character, so for synergy puposes the comic Shuri ended up embracing that element too. Rather than the characters having more distinct traits, they ended up making them somewhat more redundent of each other, in that they basically now split the tech feats.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    But without KoD, how would T'challa control random zombies for no reason in the climax of the story that amounted to being pointless considering he had an infinity gauntlet?
    Jericho Drumm on speed-dial?

BANNED

Actually, I've never read it. I probably should.
    You should.

It's that good.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    "Crom, I've never prayed to you before, I have no tongue for it.

If you are listening on your mountain of power, grant me one request.

Grant me a new writer for Black Panther!

And if you do not listen, then to hell with you!"

Pray to Khorne the Blood God instead.

He may hear your supplications as he sits upon his throne of skulls.

Just finished Deathlok 22-25 guest starring BP. I enjoyed it. McDuffie would have fit right in on the movie production side.

BANNED

The word you are looking for is "plot device". And, frankly, it's not done well, since there's no particular reason to TRUST some who doesn't explain who she is, where her knowledge comes from, and what her agenda is. We're just supposed to take it for granted that she's legit because she says she is.

For all we know, she's Mephisto in drag trying to manipulate Shuri to get around his vow to T'Challa.
    #mephistoindrag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Pray to Khorne the Blood God instead.

He may hear your supplications as he sits upon his throne of skulls.
    I would think Bast would be most interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    #mephistoindrag

BANNED

I would think Bast would be most interested.

Post Doomwar/AvX, Bast was rendered irrelevant.

Now we have the equally irrelevant and cryptic Mother. Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The mystical stuff is mostly related to Shuri. I think Coates was trying to make her more distinct from T'Challa emphasizing an aspect T'Challa doens't really rely on too heavily. Unfortuantey the MCU version of Shuri was a more tech oriented character, so for synergy puposes the comic Shuri ended up embracing that element too. Rather than the characters having more distinct traits, they ended up making them somewhat more redundent of each other, in that they basically now split the tech feats.
    Except the mystical side goes against how Shuri is. Basically it's a lame undefined power that really doesn't seem that useful compared to Wakandan tech. Shuri seems weaker then she was in klaws or DW when she was sporting basically an iron panther suit (which was way more badass than the stuff she has now)