Page 54 of 744 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154554 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Course, in the same breath Nakia had nothing to do with the Dogs or War. Malika probably would have been a closer approximation (assuming there is no heel turn planned).
    Nakia was Hatute Zeraze, but she was Dora Milaje. It's not as crazy a jump to imagine as you're implying.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Malekith's life mission wasn't to wield an infinity stone
    No, but his goal was to get a magical item that would transform the world to help the Dark Elves rule.

Killian doesn't take EXTREMIS
    I'll concede this one, although I don't know if people really like Killian as a villain. And I'll also point out he's only the main villain of the movie because Ike Perlmutter is sexist and didn't want a female villain.

Hela doesn't have swords coming out of her arms
    This feels like quibbling with an attribute of the character as opposed to talking about a complete reimagining of the character. I agree that they added a bit of Gorr to the character as well for this specific thing, though.

Star Lord isn't half celestial, Cross wasn't ever yellowjacket, Ghost wasn't... that lol
    Star Lord is half-alien, though (I'm surprised you didn't point out that Ego isn't a celestial) and Ghost is an industrial thief. The motivation changed but the character still draws heavily from the comic. I agree with Cross.

That being said, with the examples where they pretty much took an obscure character from the comics and reinvented them entirely, like Cross, I don't think there's a better comics character to draw from. But what's the rationale for making Achebe a shaman over Tetu beyond a dislike of Coates? What does Achebe bring to the character besides his name?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post

That being said, with the examples where they pretty much took an obscure character from the comics and reinvented them entirely, like Cross, I don't think there's a better comics character to draw from. But what's the rationale for making Achebe a shaman over Tetu beyond a dislike of Coates? What does Achebe bring to the character besides his name?
    powerset Tetu-is (as in its mystical). personality and motivation Achebe
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Nakia was Hatute Zeraze, but she was Dora Milaje. It's not as crazy a jump to imagine as you're implying.

No, but his goal was to get a magical item that would transform the world to help the Dark Elves rule.

I'll concede this one, although I don't know if people really like Killian as a villain. And I'll also point out he's only the main villain of the movie because Ike Perlmutter is sexist and didn't want a female villain.

This feels like quibbling with an attribute of the character as opposed to talking about a complete reimagining of the character. I agree that they added a bit of Gorr to the character as well for this specific thing, though.

Star Lord is half-alien, though (I'm surprised you didn't point out that Ego isn't a celestial) and Ghost is an industrial thief. The motivation changed but the character still draws heavily from the comic. I agree with Cross.

I wouldn't say turning a Dora into a Dog of War is a crazy jump... merely saying if Coogler isn't planning a heel turn, he just picked a random name from the mythos to slap on a character that serves a purpose in his story.

For what it's worth, I would agree if a chracter more resembles Tetu than Achebe, might as well name him Tetu. And vice versa.

I'd give him powers similar to Purple Man. If there isn't going to be a Mephisto like entity, he needs a way to control people to make "The Client" work somewhat.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I'm looking for it but I can't find it. I'll keep digging
    Perhaps 3:05 to 4:02 is what you are looking for?

Last edited by XJlock; 01-20-2019 at 02:11 PM.

This plus Achebe has a personality where as Tetu? Not really, he is just a generic bad guy. Achebe has that crazy genius angle to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by XJlock View Post
    Perhaps 3:05 to 4:02 is what you are looking for?

Yes,but I also believe after the movie there was mention again of more priest Panther as well

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I'd give him powers similar to Purple Man. If there isn't going to be a Mephisto like entity, he needs a way to control people to make "The Client" work somewhat.
    If we go with the "achebe needs enforcers" route, Zenzi fills that role.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Might as well just use Zenzi. She's got history mind controlling Wakandans after a Thanos invasion.

If we go with the "achebe needs enforcers" route, Zenzi fills that role.
    I not on that Coates halfway mind control BS, I want full mind control. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Co-sign. All true. So any calls for him to be a future villain is just...wishful thinking.
    Remember the wishful thinking some idiots had about Nakia turning into a villain despite Lupita repeatedly stating that wasn't happening? Or wishful thoughts that Nakia was going to die because she wasn't in the Infinity War trailers?

All those wishful thoughts sounded like toxic thoughts. Fortunately you and I were here to sanitize that garbage
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

My Black Panther vs Thor vid has 10k views and the comment sections are lit! lol

However my BP vs IM/WS, BP vs White Wolf, and BP & Kamala vids barely have 300 views each

After BP v Thor, i figured my next vid would do like 25 million views but I guess this youtube thing is harder than i thought..
    Black Panther vs Thor

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    Remember the wishful thinking some idiots had about Nakia turning into a villain despite Lupita repeatedly stating that wasn't happening? Or wishful thoughts that Nakia was going to die because she wasn't in the Infinity War trailers?

All those wishful thoughts sounded like toxic thoughts. Fortunately you and I were here to sanitize that garbage
    or when it was revealed that the Dora in CW was Ayo and people were CONVINCED that Okoye and Ayo would be together which would Segway into Coates no one man nonsense? Funny stuff

Oh and as of avengers #11 (or whatever issue) T'Challa can instant transmission people from the drop of a hat.

1. How does Eden feel about losing his job to automation? Remember, a recent report states that over 800 million jobs may be lost by 2030 due to advances in AI and robotics.
    2. Does this make T'Challa OP? Think long and hard about goon-slam Gary before you answer this.
    3. Would T'Challa instant transmission people into the sun? Or would that only be for CBR Rumbles board matches? Is he merely being cost-efficient by simply kicking them (or throwing a spear through their chest) vs activating the teleporter doohickey?

We've had several instances now of T'Challa teleporting himself places (Hickman, Ewing) teleporting others places (Aaron) and threatening to teleport a cranky Cho-Hulk places (Pak). Who has teleportation resistance?
    Black Panther vs Thor

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    or when it was revealed that the Dora in CW was Ayo and people were CONVINCED that Okoye and Ayo would be together which would Segway into Coates no one man nonsense? Funny stuff
    Hahahahh I remember this!

We never follow-up with these people to have them eat crow. Shame.
    Black Panther vs Thor

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    Oh and as of avengers #11 (or whatever issue) T'Challa can instant transmission people from the drop of a hat.

1. How does Eden feel about losing his job to automation? Remember, a recent report states that over 800 million jobs may be lost by 2030 due to advances in AI and robotics.
    2. Does this make T'Challa OP? Think long and hard about goon-slam Gary before you answer this.
    3. Would T'Challa instant transmission people into the sun? Or would that only be for CBR Rumbles board matches? Is he merely being cost-efficient by simply kicking them (or throwing a spear through their chest) vs activating the teleporter doohickey?

We've had several instances now of T'Challa teleporting himself places (Hickman, Ewing) teleporting others places (Aaron) and threatening to teleport a cranky Cho-Hulk places (Pak). Who has teleportation resistance?
    Number 3 should of been how adversary would be defeated, instant transmissioned into an exploding sun or Black hole.

But the ending we got is cool too