Page 546 of 744 FirstFirst ... 46446496536542543544545546547548549550556596646 ... LastLast
Results 8,176 to 8,190 of 11160
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I think it is a problem if Storm gets the big action feats, while Tchalla has been sitting around for the last two issues. Obviously he cant do action on the same scale, but its a problem if the book isn't called BP&Storm
    but storm hasnt done a thing until this issue. how does one showing in issue 16 now equate to storm and BP?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Incredible Member

This type of setup should've been done like 5 issues ago, it was a good issue but i simply can't get that excited about Coates BP.Tbh only reason I'm still supporting Coates Bp because of the lack of black lead solo titles at Marvel.

I think it is a problem if Storm gets the big action feats, while Tchalla has been sitting around for the last two issues. Obviously he cant do action on the same scale, but its a problem if the book isn't called BP&Storm
    That can be the challenge of putting a character like Storm in a story. Written to her full potential, she can overshadow the rest of the people in the room as far as big action feats go (which is why Aaron just had T'Challa hand Storm and spear and had her poke people with it in See Wakanda and Die).

That said, in the grand scheme of things Storm dealt with a couple nameless faceless red shirts. It gave her something to do... but it ultimately wasn't that important to the story. And again, it's the first thing she's really done anything in like a year and a half. So all things considered, I don't think this was that much of a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    What I'm specifically saying is that it's okay for Storm to do this one thing, if it's the first thing she's really done in the book in like a year. Considering his supporting cast has been missing from the book for the last arc and a half, they probably will start doing more stuff now that they're back in the book. There's likely enough bad guys to go around.
    Oh Right! Your right Xpac! It is okay, because you know, the last time she did something in BPs book it was a rushed ending in which T'Challa and all of Wakandas citizens prayed to Storm to save the day.. So she can just come in and take major feats and gain new titles abd power upgrades at T'Challas expense and he gets.. tosleep with Storm while his mythos is taken over by x characters, randoms like Thunderball. And any 1 dimensional pet character Coates decides to use. The showdown between T'Challa and nukillmonger never happened. They never met after 16 issues. No mini battle or anything and he died off panel.. but this quality and even good writer to some with the promise of some grand finale that Coates had shown he can't provide two seasons in a row

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    but what about all he has done leading up to this issue? he was badass without his memories and once he retained them smart enough to get himself back home. you dont think you are being unfair here?

no when the go through the galactic portal they are in the wakandan future. the aliens from that time are even looking up at storm as she descends to the ground.

exactly. ororo hasnt done one thing this entire year in this book other than appear in flashbacks. now compare that to everything tchalla has done. I dont think an argument can be made is getting all the shine.
    I don't think so. The original explorers went two thousand years into the past. Then Tchalla went approx. 10 years into the past. By the time he made contact with Earth, he had passed the time he left plus a few weeks or months. That's what I've been getting from the way its been laid out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Oh Right! Your right Xpac! It is okay, because you know, the last time she did something in BPs book it was a rushed ending in which T'Challa and all of Wakandas citizens prayed to Storm to save the day.. So she can just come in and take major feats and gain new titles abd power upgrades at T'Challas expense and he gets.. tosleep with Storm while his mythos is taken over by x characters, randoms like Thunderball. And any 1 dimensional pet character Coates decides to use. The showdown between T'Challa and nukillmonger never happened. They never met after 16 issues. No mini battle or anything and he died off panel.. but this quality and even good writer to some with the promise of some grand finale that Coates had shown he can't provide two seasons in a row
    Again, given the fact that Storm hasn't really been in the book for over a year I don't think you have to worry too much about it being taken over by her. Or Thunderball or anyone else for that matter.

As far as the Emperor goes... I don't think he actually died.

Did you folks hear about Coates' new novel? There's an interview by your friend Narcisse on io9 that includes some choice bits.

Ta-Nehisi Coates’ New Novel Crafts a Fresh Mythology from Slavery, Sci-Fi, and Hip-Hop

My favorite bit:

io9: Has this book changed the way you write comics now?

Coates:
    I think it’s the other way around. You know what I love about comics? If you’re doing it right, it has a kind of immediacy. You don’t have the option or the luxury you have in books, where you can just sort of sit back. So, I think comic book writing changed my aesthetic. It made me want to make the literature more immediate and not to waste people’s time. It’s still a novel but I tried as much as possible to get into things as quickly as I could. To get to action. And that’s something I got from the comic book writing.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    but storm hasnt done a thing until this issue. how does one showing in issue 16 now equate to storm and BP?
    Because she is getting significant action sequences. And this isn't the first time. Meanwhile Tchalla gets mopey, one or two karate moves, and being talked about how good of a fighter pilot he is, but never showcased on the scale that Storm is portrayed.

Again, given the fact that Storm hasn't really been in the book for over a year I don't think you have to worry too much about it being taken over by her. Or Thunderball or anyone else for that matter.

As far as the Emperor goes... I don't think he actually died.
    The intro page says he died, but the symbiote survived absorbing his thoughts. Unless you mean he survived the explosion?

double post

The intro page says he died, but the symbiote survived absorbing his thoughts. Unless you mean he survived the explosion?
    I guess I sort of consider his thoughts in the symbiote the equivalent of surviving the explosion. Though I suppose that might be splitting hairs. I still consider it the same bad guy, just in a different body. But I suppose it's fair to say otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    Did you folks hear about Coates' new novel? There's an interview by your friend Narcisse on io9 that includes some choice bits.

Ta-Nehisi Coates’ New Novel Crafts a Fresh Mythology from Slavery, Sci-Fi, and Hip-Hop

My favorite bit:

io9: Has this book changed the way you write comics now?

Coates: I think it’s the other way around. You know what I love about comics? If you’re doing it right, it has a kind of immediacy. You don’t have the option or the luxury you have in books, where you can just sort of sit back. So, I think comic book writing changed my aesthetic. It made me want to make the literature more immediate and not to waste people’s time. It’s still a novel but I tried as much as possible to get into things as quickly as I could. To get to action. And that’s something I got from the comic book writing.
    Last edited by KingNomarch; 09-25-2019 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post

My favorite bit:
    So this book is going to be boring as hell?

I guess I sort of consider his thoughts in the symbiote the equivalent of surviving the explosion. Though I suppose that might be splitting hairs. I still consider it the same bad guy, just in a different body. But I suppose it's fair to say otherwise.
    Considering the started talking philosophically like Changemire, I'd say he different.

BANNED

What I'm specifically saying is that it's okay for Storm to do this one thing, if it's the first thing she's really done in the book in like a year. Considering his supporting cast has been missing from the book for the last arc and a half, they probably will start doing more stuff now that they're back in the book. There's likely enough bad guys to go around.
    And what some of us are saying, is that Storm has an entire line of X-titles wherein writers are more than welcome to have her strut her stuff within when they can be bothered to let her do so from behind all of the other mutants they have ahead of her 99.9% of the time.

This book is called Black Panther for a reason and not Storm & Friends barely featuring T'Challa.

There is no justifiable reason for Coates to have been given free reign to singlehandedly wreck the BP mythos for three years and counting and to suggest otherwise is "Namor Hahaha" level hilarious.