Page 548 of 744 FirstFirst ... 48448498538544545546547548549550551552558598648 ... LastLast
Results 8,206 to 8,220 of 11160

Tbh it seems like y’all are mad, have been mad, and intend to stay mad until Coates is off the book. Which is fine and entirely your prerogative as BP fans who are not enjoying his book. But why come back every month to relive and vent the same frustrations over and over again? When Storm was written as hot trash for years, you wouldn’t catch me dead supporting/wasting my time with those books. So as similarly disgruntled fans of BP atm I ask you, why keep coming back for more?

I read the most recent issue and thought it was good. This story line has dragged on for some time but I liked seeing the return of the characters Changamire, Tetu, and Zenzi from S1. N'Jadaka surviving via the symbiote is interesting.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

At least Blade and BP are friends again
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    Tbh it seems like y’all are mad, have been mad, and intend to stay mad until Coates is off the book. Which is fine and entirely your prerogative as BP fans who are not enjoying his book. But why come back every month to relive and vent the same frustrations over and over again? When Storm was written as hot trash for years, you wouldn’t catch me dead supporting/wasting my time with those books. So as similarly disgruntled fans of BP atm I ask you, why keep coming back for more?
    Cause I'm not a fair weather fan. Gotta ride the bad times with the good.

1. Coates should be run off all things Black Panther and it needs to be stated periodically. 2. It's a free country!

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    the fact that in 16 issues T'Challa was never shown cutting loose in such a spectacular manner and in one issue Storm has this epic multi panel showing tells you exactly what Coates thinks of the titular Character
    Storms way of dealing with things often are more spectacular than T"CHalla's because of the nature of their powers. T'Challa destroyed ships by piloting his own ship. His feat, relatively speaking, got the job done but far less spectaular due to the nature of their powers. Storm can summon storms, while T'Challas powers just made him a more dangerous pilot (which unfortunately doesn't translate as well in the medium). Storm does things like a god, while T'Challa does things like a man. And it was written as such. That said, T'CHalla was given his props. The book does go out of its way to get the message across that T'Challa is wiping the floor with the bad guys... he's just gotta do it a different way.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    They're on a moon on the Imperial side of the gate. Which is why Storm used the galactic gateway to get there.

How he did it is the right question to ask. Editorial needs to talk to Coates about his Hickmanesq of panel writing style.
    Let me say you were right. Nj06 explained this and now it makes sense.

Lol I like Coates writing. I love how he is able to inject current issues within his story in subtle ways. When spirit mother told Shuri she is her ancestors I admittedly thought to those whites in America who think they should not bear the responsibility of the choices their ancestors made.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Imagine Storm gets her a solo book. I know that is hard but imagine it lol.

For 14 issues, Storm does nothing but mope and pontificate. They show her using some lightning on goons for a couple pages every 3rd issue. Other characters talk abotu how awesome she is, but they never show her doing anything but shoot lightning at goons and then mope. They even talk about this huuuuuuuge feat of her destroying 1000 enemies with a cool hurricane lightninig goddess power... but never show it. Just some people talking.

In issue 15, some no name character kills the main bad guy they have been teasing for over a year.

In issue 16, Storm leaves her.... ummm homeland to go on a spirtual walk in the deep jungle. During this spiritual walk, a huge invasion happens in her native Kenya, threatening everyone she cares about...

T'challa shows up with Okoye and single handidly takes them all out while the Kenyan people go on and on about how awesome T'challa and the Black Panther must be.

You can't sit here and go, "i'd be happy for T'challa! Great issue!" lol. Y'all Storm fans get pissed off about a TEAM BOOK Storm is in and she gets relegated to background lightning status. This is a SOLO book and its happening to the main character while other characters do all the cool ****.

Now imagine that same story happeing over and over for over 3 years.

That is the state of the Black Panther (notice, BLACK PANTHER, not STORM AND BLACK PANTHER) fans in here.

If I was a Storm fan, hell yeah this issue was awesome. Acuna made her look like a powerhouse.
    Ororo had a solo book so it's not hard to imagine at all. But you tried it boo.

I'm not saying that you as a BP fan I dont get your frustrations if wanting to see him do some badass things. I dont know what your definition of badass is however he took down M'Baku, found a way to transport himself back, fought a series of soldiers without any weapons, was able to retain a portion of his memories whereas all others completely loss theirs, and even was revealed the true avatar of bast. it hasn't been all black panther doing ish but I do expect by time this is over he will have beat N'Jadaka on his own.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

We still have the option to end this by Tchalla going back in time to stop the original launch. A nice soft reboot for the next writer.

We still have the option to end this by Tchalla going back in time to stop the original launch. A nice soft reboot for the next writer.
    I suppose that's slightly more likely than getting HBO to redo season 8 of Game of Thones.

That said, it's not uncommon for BP writers to ignore the previous writer, so really no reboot would be required if the next person genuinely wanted a clean slate.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I suppose that's slightly more likely than getting HBO to redo season 8 of Game of Thones.

That said, it's not uncommon for BP writers to ignore the previous writer, so really no reboot would be required if the next person genuinely wanted a clean slate.
    Why would that need a redo?

Really enjoyed this issue. I def can see frustration with storm having two amazing panels when T'challa doesnt esp bc yall generally care about that alot. In my eyes its like man thats his wife lol. It's like being married to beyonce if she shines it makes me look even that much better. Im especially glad about how the villain group seems to be becoming well rounded. This felt like the piece they were missing. Esp when last arc the villain was just plopped on us kinda out of nowhere.

Also T'challa riding a winged panther >>>>

Coates has handled shuri really well I wish her solo project had a more serious art style.
    Last edited by RDMXV; 09-25-2019 at 11:44 PM.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Let me say you were right. Nj06 explained this and now it makes sense.

Lol I like Coates writing. I love how he is able to inject current issues within his story in subtle ways. When spirit mother told Shuri she is her ancestors I admittedly thought to those whites in America who think they should not bear the responsibility of the choices their ancestors made.

Ororo had a solo book so it's not hard to imagine at all. But you tried it boo.

I'm not saying that you as a BP fan I dont get your frustrations if wanting to see him do some badass things. I dont know what your definition of badass is however he took down M'Baku, found a way to transport himself back, fought a series of soldiers without any weapons, was able to retain a portion of his memories whereas all others completely loss theirs, and even was revealed the true avatar of bast. it hasn't been all black panther doing ish but I do expect by time this is over he will have beat N'Jadaka on his own.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Imagine Storm gets her a solo book. I know that is hard but imagine it lol.

For 14 issues, Storm does nothing but mope and pontificate. They show her using some lightning on goons for a couple pages every 3rd issue. Other characters talk abotu how awesome she is, but they never show her doing anything but shoot lightning at goons and then mope. They even talk about this huuuuuuuge feat of her destroying 1000 enemies with a cool hurricane lightninig goddess power... but never show it. Just some people talking.

In issue 15, some no name character kills the main bad guy they have been teasing for over a year.

In issue 16, Storm leaves her.... ummm homeland to go on a spirtual walk in the deep jungle. During this spiritual walk, a huge invasion happens in her native Kenya, threatening everyone she cares about...

T'challa shows up with Okoye and single handidly takes them all out while the Kenyan people go on and on about how awesome T'challa and the Black Panther must be.

You can't sit here and go, "i'd be happy for T'challa! Great issue!" lol. Y'all Storm fans get pissed off about a TEAM BOOK Storm is in and she gets relegated to background lightning status. This is a SOLO book and its happening to the main character while other characters do all the cool ****.

Now imagine that same story happeing over and over for over 3 years.

That is the state of the Black Panther (notice, BLACK PANTHER, not STORM AND BLACK PANTHER) fans in here.

If I was a Storm fan, hell yeah this issue was awesome. Acuna made her look like a powerhouse.
    It's that simple.

BP fans aren't hating on Storm. BP fans are tired of Coates writing BP like a joke in his own book. Some people may be okay with BP-Lite but a lot of us aren't. It's that simple.

When I buy a comic with a solo character, I want to see that character get the focus and get the win. I want it on panel.

How many Storm fans are going to enjoy the Mauraders with Kate Pryde leading the team?

Scott Summer leads a team.

Psylocke leads a team.

Betsy Braddock leads a team.

Kate Pryde leads a team.

But Storm who has one of the longest runs leading the X-Men can't get her own team?

Are Storm fans happy with that?

And the team she's on isn't stacked with the name characters either.

On a side note, Powers of X showed that Shaw is going to run the covert operations against countries that don't recognize Krakoa. Seems Like mostly getting mutants out. I suspect countries in the list will the focus if it makes it on panel.

On a side note, Powers of X showed that Shaw is going to run the covert operations against countries that don't recognize Krakoa. Seems Like mostly getting mutants out. I suspect countries in the list will the focus if it makes it on panel.
    Please leave Wakanda out of it.