Page 56 of 744 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156556 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Wildly different isn't it either. He had no depth. From issue 1, to 7, all the way to Issue 12. What did we know about Tetu and his motivation? What did we learn from him? What mare him compelling? Coates didn't bother to address any of that because he was too focused on the MA and Making them villains until he backed himself into a corner and needed an out to make them look like heroes again
    He likes to recite obscure African-American poets while doing Wakandan tai chi?

Dude may be Dust and get 3 minutes of screen time in End Game

But you still gotta get the merch money lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

December sales

AVENGERS #11 (MARVEL) - 52,820

BP 7- 27,548

BLACK PANTHER VS DEADPOOL #3 (MARVEL) - 24,357

KILLMONGER #1 (MARVEL) - 24,242

SHURI #3 (MARVEL) - 17,561

KILLMONGER #2 (MARVEL) - 17,397

Pour out some liquor for non-T'challa spin off guys. This will be the end of it lol

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    He likes to recite obscure African-American poets while doing Wakandan tai chi?
    Ah yes this is true, he does do that stuff... You know.. that pretty much sums up Tetu actually

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    December sales

BP 7- 27,548

Pour out some liquor for non-T'challa spin off guys. This will be the end of it lol
    Damn.. I thought kilmonger would do better.. damn shame.. how is Shuri doing better?. Then it? Is it because Kilmonger has the parental advisory attached to it that is making it less accessable to the general public?

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    ^^Those moments when brother BoG smoothly fact checks you and you cant do nothing but accept the error of your ways.
    To quote that great yogi of the 20th century:

"You can learn a lot by watching'".

I hope Eden is out of a job. He's been in the BP book since issue 5 of S1 and has had zero Character development, Okoye who showed up at the end of S2, and Nu-Nakia has had more development then his entire time, yes that also includes BP & Crew as well. Dude needs to bounce, he is taking feats and people are trying to push Z Lister up on the GOAT Disney Princess Shuri.
    Not only that, but what characterization he DID have has been erased. I wonder how many folks reading BP actually know he's of Australian Aborigine descent, and likes to play guitar....

December sales

BP 7- 27,548
    Main title got a (very tiny) bump. Probably folks who actually thought that issue #7 was the beginning of something new, thanks to this somewhat ambiguous solicit:

THE NEXT CHAPTER OF THE INTERGALACTIC EMPIRE OF WAKANDA STARTS HERE!
    “THE GATHERING OF MY NAME”
    The Maroons strike back! You watched them steal the M’Kraan Shard from the empire.
    Now, at last, the rebels are ready to show the empire who they really are.
    “He Who Put the Blade Where It Belonged” retakes his rightful title—and the Black Panther is reborn!

Ah yes this is true, he does do that stuff... You know.. that pretty much sums up Tetu actually
    That, and the vaguely tribal-by-way-of-ICP face-paint....

Damn.. I thought kilmonger would do better.. damn shame.. how is Shuri doing better?. Then it? Is it because Kilmonger has the parental advisory attached to it that is making it less accessable to the general public?
    That, plus smart young heroines are "in" right now....

I think we've said before that the big Killmonger supporters for the movie don't read comics. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I think we've said before that the big Killmonger supporters for the movie don't read comics. Lol
    The "killmonger is right" crowd isn't gonna buy comics.

The "I love shuri" demographic skews younger and might. Especially since she is a "nerdy" tech genius of sorts.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Let's be blunt, here:

Most movie viewers don't buy comics.

Thus it has been, thus it always will be. In saecula saeculorum.

To quote that great yogi of the 20th century:

"You can learn a lot by watching'".

Not only that, but what characterization he DID have has been erased. I wonder how many folks reading BP actually know he's of Australian Aborigine descent, and likes to play guitar....

Main title got a (very tiny) bump. Probably folks who actually thought that issue #7 was the beginning of something new, thanks to this somewhat ambiguous solicit:
    I meant it's like.. does anyone actually care about Eden? Coates obviously doesn't, he's just an Uber and a redundant one too, yet somehow, T'Challa NEEDED home for his KoTD powers to work? How?? And like you said, what little characterization he had? Gone. And him and Shuri is so hamfisted it just dumb.

That, and the vaguely tribal-by-way-of-ICP face-paint....

That, plus smart young heroines are "in" right now....
    Lol yeah, he Also has a habit of letting people run up on him and knock him on his ass..

Yeah I hear ya about Shuri.. but cotdam it's such a bad story. Nnedi really doesn't get the BP mythos at all.. neither does Coates so I guess business as usual

The "killmonger is right" crowd isn't gonna buy comics.

The "I love shuri" demographic skews younger and might. Especially since she is a "nerdy" tech genius of sorts.
    Killmonger has so much potential though, I guess it doesn't help they he isn't powered or anything, like a raging Terminator, as that could help a little and make his Comic more high octane, hut damn the dialogue and communication between him and bast, and how Hill relates to the story is on point

December sales

BP 7- 27,548

I wouldn't be surprised if the spinoffs sell better in trade.

That seems to be the barometer of success Marvel is moving towards with all these spinoff books.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if the spinoffs sell better in trade.

That seems to be the barometer of success Marvel is moving towards with all these spinoff books.
    BP books in particular seem to do surprisingly well online and in trade. I think thats part of the reason we keep getting these minis.

December sales

BP 7- 27,548

Yea, it's unfortunate. Shuri was just a terrible book from jump, and the decision making there both creatively and artistically was the biggest travesty.

Killmonger mini became a pleasant surprise to me but remember that even i was luke warm about the premise to begin with, and i'm a part of the BP fanboy coalition! #Killmongerwasright was a militant military Vegeta type. So making this Erik into a kingpin lackey beefin with bullseye/black widow but unable to kick anyone's ass... you're not catering to anyone's interest, other than maybe Daredevil fans. But they'll just read Daredevil.
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13