Page 563 of 744 FirstFirst ... 63463513553559560561562563564565566567573613663 ... LastLast
Results 8,431 to 8,445 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I had to watch the scene again, but it seems the implication is he made the Panther suit from Captain America: Civil War. When Shuri shows him his old suit to compare it to the new one she made, he says "My design." Short of him saying "I made it myself", I'm going to assume...he made it himself, maybe he used her lab but otherwise it was all him.

But that is sadly the only example of his genius we get, that I can think of. Tactician in how he beat Killmonger, there's that, too.
    The EMP beads are probably his because Shuri wouldn't need to get them form him if she invented them. Behind the scenes, the Talon fighter he uses was designed by him. And he tells Shuri what could you teach me, or something like that.

I had to watch the scene again, but it seems the implication is he made the Panther suit from Captain America: Civil War. When Shuri shows him his old suit to compare it to the new one she made, he says "My design." Short of him saying "I made it myself", I'm going to assume...he made it himself, maybe he used her lab but otherwise it was all him.

But that is sadly the only example of his genius we get, that I can think of. Tactician in how he beat Killmonger, there's that, too.
    He made the CW suit, Ryan wanted to show that he's a scientist too like in the comics. His real genius appears to be strategy etc in the MCU. From the way he handled the the Boko Haram soldiers in the forest, slipping the mic on Ross to determine if Ross will lie to him about what Klaue said, when he brought down the jet after taking out the Border Tribe, and the way he points to a more strategic genius than a scientific one. In the sequel Ryan can have him built the suit he'll wear in BP 2 since he's an innovator now.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Because, to some extent, it did.

Was there any evidence of T'Challa's genius level intellect on display in the BP movie?

Tony Stark, Hank Pym and Bruce Banner were all translated from the MU to the MCU with their genius intact and displayed within their respective movies.

T'Challa had his entire genius strip mined and ported over to his sister, Shuri who though a Physicist in her own right within comicbook lore, was never portrayed as being on her brothers level of genius.

One is left wondering why every other established male super genius in the MCU get to keep their super genius intellect in the movies whilst T'Challa just got to be a glorified high tech Ninja?
    Because they don't have as much to rely on as T'Challa?

Tony's genius is his armor, without that no Iron Man. Pym, in this canon, is retired and disabled and Bruce's genius was meant to act as a stepping stone for Tony's.

T'Challa is a king and warrior without his super genius, who held his own against Winter Soldier, Cap and Killmonger.

From the deleted scene on CW, to his assessment of it being his design, and I was under the assumption given the conversation about the beads with Shuri that he made the emp beads

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    The EMP beads are probably his because Shuri wouldn't need to get them form him if she invented them. Behind the scenes, the Talon fighter he uses was designed by him. And he tells Shuri what could you teach me, or something like that.
    Did they say that I. The behind the scenes? I don't have the blue ray version so I don't have access to such information.

What I do think should happen in the sequel should be a scene similar to the first. Where T'Challa goes to Shuri and says along the lines of "I sent you a schematics update to my suit to your kimoyo beads, can you have it ready in an hou?" Abd she answers the same way he did about the beads, to which he replies "Weren't you the one who said just because something works doesn't mean it can't be improved?"
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 09-29-2019 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Did they say that I. The behind the scenes? I don't have the blue ray version so I don't have access to such information.
    I should have said toys. When they were releasing a version of the toy, it was part of its bio.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Because they don't have as much to rely on as T'Challa?

Tony's genius is his armor, without that no Iron Man. Pym, in this canon, is retired and disabled and Bruce's genius was meant to act as a stepping stone for Tony's.

T'Challa is a king and warrior without his super genius, who held his own against Winter Soldier, Cap and Killmonger.
    I think the biggest issue with making Shuri the smartest person in the world was giving Shuri some sort of role. Take away the genius inventor niche and she's just T'Challa's kid sister. Yeah, they could have her as some sort of fighter but Okoye and Nakia already do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Because, to some extent, it did.

Was there any evidence of T'Challa's genius level intellect on display in the BP movie?

Tony Stark, Hank Pym and Bruce Banner were all translated from the MU to the MCU with their genius intact and displayed within their respective movies.

T'Challa had his entire genius strip mined and ported over to his sister, Shuri who though a Physicist in her own right within comicbook lore, was never portrayed as being on her brothers level of genius.

One is left wondering why every other established male super genius in the MCU get to keep their super genius intellect in the movies whilst T'Challa just got to be a glorified high tech Ninja?
    One thing I wasn't happy with but I let it just slide.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think the biggest issue with making Shuri the smartest person in the world was giving Shuri some sort of role. Take away the genius inventor niche and she's just T'Challa's kid sister. Yeah, they could have her as some sort of fighter but Okoye and Nakia already do that.
    That too. Shuri lacked a niche or even a defining characteristic before she was elevated to big brain

BANNED

I didn't think they gave her all his smarts. She's a genius in her own right, but he was able to keep up with her work fairly easily. Granted, I definitely want more emphasis placed of his scientific prowess.

You could have both brother and sister to compete against each other in a sibling kind of way which leaves enough room for T'Challa to show his intellectual prowess rather than Shuri doing the most work. It's all good though.

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    I didn't think they gave her all his smarts. She's a genius in her own right, but he was able to keep up with her work fairly easily. Granted, I definitely want more emphasis placed of his scientific prowess.
    Yeah, its not like only ONE of them can be smart. Just because she's the smartest person in the world doesn't mean he's not smart too. Even if she outshines him in ONE aspect, he's basically better at everything else anyways so it's not like T'Challa is really hurting here. He's basically good at EVERYTHING. It's his thing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    You could have both brother and sister to compete against each other in a sibling kind of way which leaves enough room for T'Challa to show his intellectual prowess rather than Shuri doing the most work. It's all good though.
    This part! Tony has how many suits? The best way I believe to showcase their strengths would be to have them focus in different areas. What if Shuri has more of affinity for the armor types inventions. She can be an uber fashionista. Her brand of sneakers greatly emphasizes that her clothes are not only the bomb, they actually have the potential to be really deadly.

While Shuri focuses more on the royal fashion angle have they can have T'Challa focus more on the gadget/vehicle angle. Have T'Challa designing new hover boards, bikes, cars, boats and we can finally see the Panther aquatic friendly hotels that Hudlin was fond of using. We even saw one show up in Worlds Apart.

I think it would be cool if T'Challa built the vehicle's like the dragon flyer, Royal talon, AND THE BAST DAMN SKYBIKE

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

I think what has been missed is that T'Challa and Shuri have different approaches to technology, not that she's smarter than him or he isn't a genius level intellect.

T'Challa clearly sticks towards tradition. His suit (which he designed himself as stated in a Civil War deleted scene and in BP) is exactly like his fathers. Advanced, functional and classic. There's nothing wrong with the suit. It does its job and that's what matters. T'Challa at the end of the day is a king, a warrior and a protector. Functionality matters the most.

Shuri on the other hand, believes something can always be improved. She calls T'Challa's suit "old" even though it isn't (considering that Wakandan technology is still more advanced than the rest of Earth's) because it can't automatically put on a helmet. Keep in mind that what Shuri perceives as a flaw is never shown to be one, and the additions she gives the new suit are things T'Challa doesn't actually need. But that's her philosophy: there's always something to add. And she has the time to always think of something and always add something. T'Challa really doesn't.

But more importantly (and this is just my opinion anyway) T'Challa has always used his genius in the battlefield and less so in the laboratory, and he does that in his film. His extraction assault for Nakia in Nigeria is perfectly executed until she prevents him from attacking a child soldier. He leads the Korea mission, tells Okoye and Nakia what to do (and is the one that succeeds in capturing Klaue). He also is the one with the plan during the final battle, and he uses the mag-lev trains to exploit a flaw in Killmonger's suit.

With all of this considered I don't know how one can't say T'Challa isn't a genius. I want more of T'Challa outsmarting people and outfighting them with tactics. That has always been his shining quality as a genius. Priest never stated T'Challa invented his BP suit or gear (as far as I remember). It was how he used it that made him smart.