Page 57 of 744 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107157557 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Killmonger has so much potential though, I guess it doesn't help they he isn't powered or anything, like a raging Terminator, as that could help a little and make his Comic more high octane, hut damn the dialogue and communication between him and bast, and how Hill relates to the story is on point
    He really needs to be (re)introduced as a major villain in Aaron's Avengers or in the next big Marvel event. Something between a lex luther and/or deathstroke type. Or even the symbiote-monger version since he's more readily available (and alive) to be that type of threat.
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

Damn.. I thought kilmonger would do better.. damn shame.. how is Shuri doing better?. Then it? Is it because Kilmonger has the parental advisory attached to it that is making it less accessable to the general public?
    Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    That, plus smart young heroines are "in" right now....
    Shuri is the taller midget right now for sure, but neither are making the varsity team with those stats
    Black Panther vs Thor

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    He really needs to be (re)introduced as a major villain in Aaron's Avengers or in the next big Marvel event. Something between a lex luther and/or deathstroke type. Or even the symbiote-monger version since he's more readily available (and alive) to be that type of threat.
    Yeah at this point Nu-N'jadaka, Nunakia, and energy needles need to make it back to the 616. As you said, Erik just ain't kicking no ass in the mini. Which is unfortunate, I honestly wanted to see him work bullseye and widow. Tlso they scared of this guy "he fights with the ferocity of a raging wild beast, but with the tact of a master chess player" but it's been inexperienced Kilmonger. Like truthfully, unless the story is supposed to end before the events of Panthers rage and it shows him undergo done type of serious upgrade, in it's current trajectory both her and Tchalla will end up looking bad.

I guess it's one of the few things Coates got right in his intergalactic Wakandans in space

Shuri is the taller midget right now for sure, but neither are making the varsity team with those stats
    For sure it's a travesty all around. Shuris book is just. Straight dooky. Nnedi doesn't care for the mythos or the characters, Shuri included, otherwise she would of actually tried to tell a good Story that enhances Shuri instead of regressing her back to her early Hudlin days before he had her step up and develop as a character

Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Yeah at this point Nu-N'jadaka, Nunakia, and energy needles need to make it back to the 616. As you said, Erik just ain't kicking no ass in the mini. Which is unfortunate, I honestly wanted to see him work bullseye and widow. Tlso they scared of this guy "he fights with the ferocity of a raging wild beast, but with the tact of a master chess player" but it's been inexperienced Kilmonger. Like truthfully, unless the story is supposed to end before the events of Panthers rage and it shows him undergo done type of serious upgrade, in it's current trajectory both her and Tchalla will end up looking bad.
    It just wasn't a smart premise to begin with. It lacks relevance, importance, and inter-connectivity with what's going on in the now. And if MCU was the inspiration (which it was), then it also doesn't market the character to those comic readers who only know about him through the movie version (which is most comic readers, outside of hardcore bp fans).

There's a saying, paraphrasing, that doing the right thing at the wrong time is still a fail. Well they told a pretty good story but it's the wrong place, time, and setting for that specific story.

I guess it's one of the few things Coates got right in his intergalactic Wakandans in space
    Broken clock is right twice
    Black Panther vs Thor

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Hey look, Fantastic Four is averaging 70k sales a month after it'd been off the shelf for several years! I wonder whether the increase in sales is due to their writer's twitter followers????
    Black Panther vs Thor

It just wasn't a smart premise to begin with. It lacks relevance, importance, and inter-connectivity with what's going on in the now. And if MCU was the inspiration (which it was), then it also doesn't market the character to those comic readers who only know about him through the movie version (which is most comic readers, outside of hardcore bp fans).

There's a saying, paraphrasing, that doing the right thing at the wrong time is still a fail. Well they told a pretty good story but it's the wrong place, time, and setting for that specific story.

[b]

Broken clock is right twice
    Yeah the thing is this series would be better as an ongoing we to show the early struggles before he went Black ops Terminator. They should of basically just told Erik's back story from the movie. Because the mini isn't jumping fast enough to show badass Erik.. ah well, just like Rise and BP WoW#6 potential that will not be able to be explored unfortunately

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

It looks like numbers have been pretty stable (ignoring ordering incentives) since Avengers of the New World started. I have no idea if those numbers would be acceptable to Marvel, but it makes the book predictable at least.

Did 170 have some kind of ordering incentive? I can't for the life of me figure out why the book would go up in number in the middle of the arc like that.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    It looks like numbers have been pretty stable (ignoring ordering incentives) since Avengers of the New World started. I have no idea if those numbers would be acceptable to Marvel, but it makes the book predictable at least.

Did 170 have some kind of ordering incentive? I can't for the life of me figure out why the book would go up in number in the middle of the arc like that.
    It is labeled differently on comichron. says "170 LEG-WW" whatever that means? Maybe some sort of promotional thing.

It also come out February 2018... aka right after the movie, so maybe the stores pre-ordered more in advance because of the movie release.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Must be last night's blood moon or something because I'm flossing...

My son ordered two Black Panther claw necklaces, a Black Panther head necklace and a Black Panther single claw necklace!

I don't normally wear jewelry but right now I am straight blinging unashamedly!

Still holding out for the Black Panther feet pajamas though...
    Get Hectic!

BANNED

Spinoffs do better in trades and that's a fact..

When it comes to Shuri IArt matters and The art is horrible..
    Last edited by Montez; 01-21-2019 at 03:57 PM.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Hopefully Marvel realizes the creative team on Killmonger is great and doesn't hold it against them for the future.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

#Killmongerwasright was a militant military Vegeta type.
    That would explain why he swiped Vegeta's look.

Oh look... took 7 months to drop down to the same level it took 14 issues the first time. But relaunches work!

It is labeled differently on comichron. says "170 LEG-WW" whatever that means? Maybe some sort of promotional thing.
    LEG=Legacy.

WW= "Where's Wolverine", a sort of stealth crossover.
    Last edited by DigiCom; 01-21-2019 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Hopefully Marvel realizes the creative team on Killmonger is great and doesn't hold it against them for the future.
    I would like to see what he would do if he had say, 12 issue's or more to tell the story to really build up Erik