Page 570 of 744 FirstFirst ... 70470520560566567568569570571572573574580620670 ... LastLast
Results 8,536 to 8,550 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    If I get to live in Hudlins' Wakanda, I'll give up the right to vote. Already living in paradise.

But they have the right to vote, because they vote for their tribal council members.
    Hmmm...… I see what you did there.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

have you guys played mua3 with black panther? how do you think he was handled in the game with his moves? I also liked that an entire chapter is dedicated to wakanda.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I said Hudlins' Wakanda not Mayberrys'. You didnt ask if we have to live out the continuity, I gave you the circumstance that I wouldn't need the right to vote.

Going to need a Marvel2100 gif if goal post moving.
    Yeah, but I think that illustrates the fact that things change. Not being able to vote may sound okay when things are good. But when Tchalla is chucked off a water fall and your new leader is dragging you into war with the rest of the planet, elections suddenly don't sound like such a bad idea.

It's the counter argument that convinced Hyperion to end Utopia in Squadron Supreme. Things change, and people need the proper tools to deal with that.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Find me a person who wouldn't want the right to vote. That'll tell you why it makes sense. Wakandan would want the right to vote for the same reason you, I, and pretty much anyone else would.

Is it the only right way to govern? Not necessarily. Though Wakanda almost got dragged into a war with the rest of the planet based on their present system. So thats probably something fresh in everyones mind too.
    You do know that for presidency, yours mine, and anyone else NOT apart of the electoral college vote matters right? Every person in a state could vote Republican but if their representatives for their state Democrat then that's it.

So with Wakanda, the choice that anyone could prove themselves at fit to rule, for a warrior nation unconquered for 10k years is pretty damn good system for them

I said Hudlins' Wakanda not Mayberrys'. You didnt ask if we have to live out the continuity, I gave you the circumstance that I wouldn't need the right to vote.

Going to need a Marvel2100 gif if goal post moving.
    I have to get fresh material.

But I do love the Triple Lindy.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    At the last US election, about 46% of the population. And that was a record low. Usually, about 50-55% of the population doesn't vote.
    Not to mention when it's a NON Presidential election year. That number is WORST.

Find me a person who wouldn't want the right to vote.
    A former 49er QB. Who openly didn't want to vote.

Oh he's not alone. Our last school board election saw only 10% of all voters voted. Yet who will be raising CAIN at school board meetings? The 90%.

And thats whats nice about democracy. If you don't like the results of the current election, you can try again in 4 years. Its a lot easier that trying a coup against the US governemt (or Wakanda).
    ... In Wakanda if you don't like the ruler you can potentially swap them out every year.. alot faster than 4

Yeah, but I think that illustrates the fact that things change. Not being able to vote may sound okay when things are good. But when Tchalla is chucked off a water fall and your new leader is dragging you into war with the rest of the planet, elections suddenly don't sound like such a bad idea.

It's the counter argument that convinced Hyperion to end Utopia in Squadron Supreme. Things change, and people need the proper tools to deal with that.
    this very fair point. in the comics having a king/queen is cool but not in a real life setting. monarchy no thank you!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Not to mention when it's a NON Presidential election year. That number is WORST.

A former 49er QB. Who openly didn't want to vote.

Oh he's not alone. Our last school board election saw only 10% of all voters voted. Yet who will be raising CAIN at school board meetings? The 90%.
    Not wanting to vote is not the same thing as not wanting the right to vote.

I'm sure plenty of us here have opted not to vote in an election at one time or another. But does anyone here legit wish they couldn't?

It's pretty easy to take something as simple as the right to vote when you have him. People that don't probably die fighting for it everyday.
    Last edited by XPac; 09-30-2019 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    this very fair point. in the comics having a king/queen is cool but not in a real life setting. monarchy no thank you!
    I bet your opinion of that would change if said monarchy was not only hidden for 10k+ years, but come to find out they are 50+ years ahead of the rest of the world technologically. I would live in a place like that, how Wakanda has been run? Sure

Not wanting to vote is not the same thing as not wanting the right to vote.

I'm sure plenty of us here have opted not to vote in an election at one time or another. But does anyone here legit wish they couldn't?

It's pretty easy to take something as simple as the right to vote when you have him. People that don't probably die fighting for it everyday.
    I already said I trade it for Hudlins' Wakanda. Your goal post moving isn't going to move me from that position.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I bet your opinion of that would change if said monarchy was not only hidden for 10k+ years, but come to find out they are 50+ years ahead of the rest of the world technologically. I would live in a place like that, how Wakanda has been run? Sure
    I dont personally like the idea of one person by birth being greater than the next simply because they were lucky enough to be born into wealth. I mean these things can be found in republics or democracies but people who come from nothing could pitebruslly be leader of the nation. in the case of a monarchy that is not true. also what if the king/queen is not benevolent what then?

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    ... In Wakanda if you don't like the ruler you can potentially swap them out every year.. alot faster than 4
    Yeah, a system where if you manage to defeat a meta human you're allowed to take a poisonous herb.

And you wonder why Wakanda has coups.

I already said I trade it for Hudlins' Wakanda. Your goal post moving isn't going to move me from that position.
    Not trying to move you. Just using your example to illustrate exactly why mechanisms like this need to be in place.

It's easy to not care about government when things are going your way. But things change.

Not trying to move you. Just using your example to illustrate exactly why mechanisms like this need to be in place.

It's easy to not care about government when things are going your way. But things change.
    You sure? Because you asked the question twice as if you didnt get answers from multiple people.