Page 571 of 744 FirstFirst ... 71471521561567568569570571572573574575581621671 ... LastLast
Results 8,551 to 8,565 of 11160
    Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    1 His brother aided in the theft of their nation's most valuable resource and the death of Wakandan life, and tried to kill a fellow Wakandan in front of his King. I'll give you the part about Erik.

2 he lost the trust of ONE Wakandan.

3 No he was simply a greatly developed villain and T'Challa played off his cast extremely well, and was way more multilayered then In CW and more capable. But Erik had information about him and Wakanda and in one day he found out the truth about his father and relatives. He wasn't outwitted.

4 allowed for that needed development for Erik, Nakia, and T'Challa to give the speech to his father and ancestors, and seal the alliance with mbaku.

5 I would hardly call it moving on, they were desperate. They were picking in their minds, the lesser of two evils. And define most resourceful? They were capable like characters should be instead of damsels in distress.

6 he took out two.

7 actually Okoye is the one who actually stopped wkabi. Mbaku got them out of a pinch. T'Challa got the kill on the main villain in a very decisive clear cut victory
    You're adding context from having seen the movie.

I said if a list of these things were told to people before the movie their would be some who would have problems with you.

Seeing the movie/the proper context well yes those things work because of the execution of it.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I dont personally like the idea of one person by birth being greater than the next simply because they were lucky enough to be born into wealth. I mean these things can be found in republics or democracies but people who come from nothing could pitebruslly be leader of the nation. in the case of a monarchy that is not true. also what if the king/queen is not benevolent what then?
    Then you yourself or you tribe select's a champion (candidate) and beat them in combat and now your or your champion is the new ruler.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Yeah, a system where if you manage to defeat a meta human you're allowed to take a poisonous herb.

And you wonder why Wakanda has coups.
    Yeah. We are talking about MCU Wakanda. Plus that's been rerconned in the comics so I dunno why your bringing that up.

Your all over the place dude. You go from comics, to MCU, to real life trying to weave your argument

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    You sure? Because you asked the question twice as if you didnt get answers from multiple people.
    If this means everyone here wants the right to vote outside that one period of time in Wakanda, which didn't last, then no need for me to change your answer. It proves the point well enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    You're adding context from having seen the movie.

I said if a list of these things were told to people before the movie their would be some who would have problems with you.

Seeing the movie/the proper context well yes those things work because of the execution of it.
    You know that these ideas are pitched abd given context right? That same argument could be used for literally any movie to get a rise out of people

If this means everyone here wants the right to vote outside that one period of time in Wakanda, which didn't last, then no need for me to change your answer. It proves the point well enough.
    You mean 10,000 years vs a few days where the general public wasn't adversely affected? I as the normal person was safe, it was the royals who were in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Then you yourself or you tribe select's a champion (candidate) and beat them in combat and now your or your champion is the new ruler.

Yeah. We are talking about MCU Wakanda. Plus that's been rerconned in the comics so I dunno why your bringing that up.

Your all over the place dude. You go from comics, to MCU, to real life trying to weave your argument
    I'll wager in the MCU plenty of Wakanda wishes they had elections right around the time Killmonger was dragging them into war with the rest of the planet.

Point being in both the comics and the movie, Killmonger kind of shows the short comings of that system.
    Last edited by XPac; 09-30-2019 at 04:49 PM.

You mean 10,000 years vs a few days where the general public wasn't adversely affected? I as the normal person was safe, it was the royals who were in trouble.
    General public was effected by a lot of stuff which happened to Wakanda over the past couple years. You can isolate it to just the Girl in years, but it's not as easy for the actual Wakandans living through all the highs and lows to do that.

General public was effected by a lot of stuff which happened to Wakanda over the past couple years. You can isolate it to just the Girl in years, but it's not as easy for the actual Wakandans living through all the highs and lows to do that.
    None of which would be affected by elections. Flood would still happen and Thanos still comes to Earth. A person could blame Tchalla for parts of those things, but he wasn't in charge those years.

I'll wager in the MCU plenty of Wakanda wishes they had elections right around the time Killmonger was dragging them into war with the rest of the planet.

Point being in both the comics and the movie, Killmonger kind of shows the short comings of that system.
    You mean his ~12 hour rule before he took a dagger in the gut? Which the general public didn't even know about? And when America went to war did anyone have a vote in that? No. Wakandas government is actually easier to change out their ruler. Especially in the MCU because it's once a year. Not 4 years in which your vote actually doesn't matter. Also the MCU shows how useless the democracy was when shield, an entire entity of its own, was taken over and nearly caused mass destruction with their murder machines.
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 09-30-2019 at 04:58 PM.

Because democracies dont drag their countries to war?

None of which would be affected by elections. Flood would still happen and Thanos still comes to Earth. A person could blame Tchalla for parts of those things, but he wasn't in charge those years.
    If Tchallas family were not in power, the Avengers, the Illuminati and Thanos might not have been in Wakanda. I think thats why some people wanted him removed. He occasionally placed Wakanda in the line of fire. Which isn't to say it was the wrong thing to do ... but its understandable some weren't happy about it.

Mighty Member

Just knowing i wouldn't be subjected to all the lying and negative campaign adds for 18 months makes Wakanda my choice, let alone all the other benefits. Hover bikes!
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Because democracies dont drag their countries to war?
    I think going to war with pretty much the rest of the planet is pretty much only reserved for insane dictators ... and there's a reason for that.

A good system should have checks and balances. The will of the people speaking through some tribal council didn't stop Killmonger ... It took a coup. And that's when you know your system needs some tweaking.

Quote Originally Posted by MouserGrey View Post
    Just knowing i wouldn't be subjected to all the lying and negative campaign adds for 18 months makes Wakanda my choice, let alone all the other benefits. Hover bikes!
    Is there a reason Wakanda can't have voting and hover bikes?

Is there a reason Wakanda can't have voting and hover bikes?
    So you are trying to change minds.